The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Not your conventional hello...  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Bags thirtysecond

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf dog (gray wolf-German Shepard mix)
  • Coloring: Green eyes. mostly gray, with black coloring on back and hands/feet. white on face and chest with some tan mixed in.
  • Height: 6' 1''
  • Weight: 175lbs
  • Build: lean, toned.
Not your conventional hello...
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:47:47 AM »
WARNING: This is a long intro, and it is written as much for myself as it is for this community. I realize I may be breaking some unwritten rules by introducing myself as a regular person or not remaining as anonymous as everyone else and I apologize. Also, if this post extends into some other forum besides simply the intro (such as the rant or help ones) I apologize just let me know (I read the rules, and have been on some forums with very stingy mods and admins so I’m just making sure)

Greetings,

I’m Bags and I am a furry…? furry fan? whatever term you prefer, they all involve fur. As I write this AA style intro, I realize its not 100% because I’m not even sure as to the exact definition of those terms.  And I have read a few essays on that very topic and still don’t know a precise, universal definition. So it may seem strange, but even though I’m not completely sure what a furry is, I know that I am one. How? You may ask: Well, I’m sure some people here can sympathize with me on this: I have always been different; I have always had an affinity for animals, specifically the canine species. I understand them. Find me a dog, and we can be friends (unless of course it has rabies). But it is more than that, I have always been a fan of anthro’s, and I feel I have a deep connection to canines (wolves specifically [I know how original]). And I’m not going to say I don’t like myself as I am because it aint true, but I’m also not going to say I would mind having a tail  :). Now I’m not sure if that makes me a therian or what-have-you because I havn’t really looked into it, but that is partly why I have come here, for help and advice. 

There, now that I have gotten that off my chest I’ll introduce myself. I am a 19-year-old soldier from RI and I have only recently come to the realization/admitted it to myself that I am a furry. I realize most of the intros here are simple hellos, even for those new to the furry community like myself, but it hasn’t been so easy for me. Before just recently all I knew of furries was the negative stuff from the news and tv, and I have had conversations with my friends and family discussing furries, and I just sat and listened as they ranted on how messed up furries are. All I could think was that I can “-understand why anyone would be like that-” So yea, I have felt alone, I know no one who would understand how I feel, and the people I have told shun me. And if told anyone but my piers, I’d be sent to a therapist. I may be overdramatizing it, but I can only be described as normal up to this point in my life, and this lifestyle brings a stigma along with it, as I am sure you are all aware.
So yes, I am completely new to the furry community, but I have been lurking around the internet and stalking (look at me using animal lingo already  :P) this sight in-particular for a while now, so I have read up. I decided to come here because I have read a few threads and I feel like I found people like me. I want to actually meet others like me, so I hope this forum will help me do that (though I do realize that’s not the primary function around here). I’m not gonna lie, I am completely green to the furry/rp way of life, and may be slow to learn, but I hope to contribute as much as I can. I draw, but I am not much of an artist. I write fervently, and Ive been told my stories are good (all based heavily in reality). I’m not an experienced role player (unless tactical role playing counts :P), but I am willing to try anything. I havnt really developed a fursona, and I do not have a fursuit (though I do hope to make one eventually).
So no, this intro was not the usual. I’m not gonna be barking, pouncing or wagging any tails… at least until I figure out if this furry extension of my spine is a tail, or something I should ignore and hope it goes away. 
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 06:04:54 AM by Bags thirtysecond »

"people are stupid, persons are smart."
-AWHOO-AH!

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Not your conventional hello...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 05:52:35 AM »
its good to have a long hello thread once in a while. Welcome to our forums Bags. Im Macid the Lynx and I know you'll like it here. If there's anything you have questions about, feel free to hit me or one of the other mods up with a pm (private message) and we'll do what we can  :D

Offline Pea

• Pea is Me
  • Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Everything is happening.
  • Species: Vine Snake
  • Coloring: Dark green scales with deep poisonous green eyes.
  • Build: Teeny
  • Currently: slithering hither
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 06:07:10 AM »
Wow. That was a long introduction  :P

Long but good. It said a lot and that's just what an intro needs. So you're new eh? Well this community is excellent to start off with. The people here are nice and open minded. It's fine that you don't have a fursona yet. I find it best to have one evolve as you discover your furry self. And you don't need to be able to draw, write, (You write amazingly by the way) or roleplay well to fit in. You'll add to the community in your own way and it's nice to have another friendly fur to talk to.

My name is Chris the Lizard and I hang out in the IRC, or Internet Relay Chat, most of the time. You can find it here (http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?action=chat) or just click the Chat button at the top of the page. If you head in there we can talk a lot more.

I'm not a Furry if you haven't noticed yet  :P but a Scaly.

EDIT:

And where are my manners?  :o I never once said your name. Welcome to the community Bags thirtysecond!  ^_^
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 06:13:41 AM by Chris the Lizard »
  • Avatar by: Me, colored by Evnamishko

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 01:45:37 PM »
Yip, yip Bags! Welcome to the forum!
Im Timmy the fox, the only Royal Cutefox around here hehe... and i never say no to get a new friend btw
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 08:34:48 PM »
welcome aboard! i'm drake the one and only foxaroo!! *extends tail as greeting*
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
Great to meet you. ^_^

I like a long introduction, helps me to get to know you better.
Hope to see you around.
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline Drakos

• Classy Draggy
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Awesomely drawn by Kaprika (The lovely floof 8D)
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon Anthro
  • Coloring: Green
  • Height: 6'5''
  • Weight: 225
  • Build: Muscular
  • Currently: Wondering why stuff is stuff.
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 11:24:15 PM »
Long introductions are awesome in my opinion. I'm Drakos, welcome to the forums. Hope your time here is awesome.
  • Avatar by: Kaprika (Zee awesome floof! 8D)
Outside on a winter's night as the rain begins to fall
There's a chill in the air and the howl of a wolf while the rain beats at the door
Seven kings will ride on the wind up towards        the mountains high                             
And the only sound that will break the air is the warrior's bitter cry

-Starfire by Dragonforce.

For those who know me I'm still kicking around here, enjoying life. For those who don't know me I do invite you to get to know me if you'd like :3.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

(The song that the lyrics in my siggy come from :3).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=Wp68lrJEYHU

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Green eyes. mostly gray, with black coloring on back and hands/feet. white on face and chest with some tan mixed in.
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 02:19:09 AM »
thanks ya'll,

I appreciate your comments, its good to know this is an open community, and it is good to know I am in the presence of experienced furries, and of course scalies, and whatever other-eis there are. I hope I made a good impression. And Ive been working on my fursona, I'll make a post to introduce everyone  :).

-AWHOO-AH!

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 08:27:22 AM »
Welcome to the forums! I am Puncia at your humble service and I hope you enjoy your stay.

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 10:59:17 AM »
welcome, the forums' only artistic Polar the Bear, at your eternal service.

FINALLY! SOMEONE GETS THAT WOLVES ARE NOT ORIGINAL!!!! (cus caps is cruise-control for cool B) )

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 02:46:07 AM »
welcome, the forums' only artistic Polar the Bear, at your eternal service.

FINALLY! SOMEONE GETS THAT WOLVES ARE NOT ORIGINAL!!!! (cus caps is cruise-control for cool B) )

Haha, they are not, but that is why we travel in packs. And it only makes sense that so many humans associate themselves with wolves, they are social animals. Not to mention so many humans have dogs as pets, which are similar to wolves, in-fact I had a wolf dog as a kid, so that is one of my reasons.

Whatever though, polar bears are pretty awesome in my book ;)

-AWHOO-AH!

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
My first fursona!
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 05:56:05 AM »
Note: I did not know where to put this so I hope this is the right place  :S

Hey its me again, Bags. To be honest, I did not know where to start with specific details of my fursona, so I used what I know: me! Now that may be a bad idea, but I had some fun and worked in differences, but Bags is very similar to me. I hope I/ my fursona can make some friends. Check him out:

(its not much, but its my first attempt at an anthro)

So here he is: Bags (actual name is Bret). He is a wolf-dog. specifically he is a gray wolf-German sheperd mix. He's 21 and weighs 175lbs at a height of 6' 1''. Mostly gray coat, with a bit of black on his back and hands/feet. He has white on his chest, face and tail, with some tan mixed in. (I apologize that you cannot see that in the pic, I'm no good with colors). As you can see he wears the uniform, but he prefers shorts (any season) and a simple t. He wears his dog tags all the time, and has a simple bracelet.

But those are just his looks. He is both an obedient soldier/ well trained tool and a loner with a wild side because of his heritage. He is very much a wolf; has a few very small, but very devoted packs of family and friends, and he is extremely devoted to them. He is slow to make new friends, but if you become his friend, he will defend you fiercely. That is all I'm saying for now, the rest you will all figure out  :). So there he is, if I were an anthro, this is who I would be and look like, and I will adopt his personality as mine on this forum. 

-AWHOO-AH!

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 06:49:44 AM »
I merged it with your welcome thread for you. if youre not sure, always ask a mod. =)

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 02:48:33 AM »
Thanks. In the future I will

-AWHOO-AH!

Offline Ebesu

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifting wolf
  • Coloring: ocher for the main color crimsom pink for the hair, light grey muzzle, underbelly, lower legs+paws, and the tail tip
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 08:00:54 AM »
Hiya there, I think in depth intros are awesome.  Makes me feel I know the person a lot more.  I do have some definitions you might find helpful if your still confused.  Being a wolf therian and a furry I would like to help any way I can.  If you want the information, just send me a message.  :)
Everyone learns something every day, make sure you spread that knowledge.

I am merely just a wolf playing the role of a human, (wolf therian as well)

Don't forget to check out my art.  I'm leaving a link in my profile.  :)

My YouTube account http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLeetCasualGamer I rant and commentate.

Wii FC codes SSBB (3007-7844-7434)  TvC (4942-4274-2990)  I'm much better with SSBB but I welcome either game.  :P