The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My Jeep has a personality disorder  (Read 266 times)

Offline Enkeiger

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger Chimera
  • Coloring: Orange with Black stripes
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Varies
My Jeep has a personality disorder
« on: May 18, 2011, 05:51:14 PM »
1995 Jeep Wrangler
2.5L 4WD 5-Speed

I have so much  fun with it. Until recently. :(

My clutch is being crappy and not letting me switch gears.
Problem started yesterday.

I'm hoping it is just the Hydraulic Fluid that needs to be replaced. D:

Anyone know what could be wrong? The reason why I ask, is because some of you may be old enough to know what I am talking about, or studying in school some mechanics, or just actually might know it all. I also like to keep my fellow furries happy and entertained with my problems. :P

Offline Zaspher

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Dog/Deer hybrid (an akita with antlers)
  • Coloring: Navy Blue & white. Brown and purple eyes.
  • Height: 6''2"
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: large and floofy
Re: My Jeep has a personality disorder
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 10:01:53 PM »
Okay are you sure it's hydraulic? Anyway there are two cylinders that create pressure a slave cylinder that mostly operates the clutch fork and a master cylinder that gives pressure.

Is the pedal on the floor? If so you have low or very little hydraulics left. The first thing I would do is check the hydraulic reservoirs.

Listen carefully... Open the hood of the vehicle and skim your eyes upon The rear engine wall where you believe the the clutch rod will stick out. Look for the master cylinder it has a very distinct circular cap. Look at the reservoir if low fill it up with the recommended DOT brake fluid (make sure you have the right kind ask around). Once in pump the clutch by pushing then releasing the clutch pedal.

If you notice leaking I would recommend getting that thing replaced. It's probably not to hard to find and they're not to expensive. Try autozone.

Same thing happened to my friend Rodney's Honda. Me and my uncle Moose had to fix it.

If there's something I missed please tell me ^_^ .

Good Luck ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 10:06:17 PM by Zaspher »