The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Shifting  (Read 8756 times)

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
Shifting
« on: April 24, 2011, 01:44:29 AM »
Just wondering if anyone had any shifting experiences/stories to tell. I've been increasingly curious about it lately because of my recent experience while out walking the last two or three days.

So as some of you may know, my fursona is a white Siberian tiger with large black wings, and it is an extremely frequent occurence for me that I will feel parts of my fursona's body as though they are actually part of my physical body. Like phantom limbs, ears, my tail, and my wings. Well, the other day I was out walking along a park trail and it was really windy out by the standards of my area. Now when I was walking with the wind, nothing happened. But when I started back, walking against the wind this time, I could actually feel the wind filling my wings and blowing through my fur! Not only that, but I could actually feel my wings resisting the wind! These sensations were so strong they were nearly overpowering and I was very nearly overcome by the desire to run forward, jump into the air, and beat my wings against the wind until I climbed higher and higher into the sky and could fly freely, to anywhere I wanted to go. The pull was so strong that I was sure I would've physically shifted if I'd actually acted on these feelings. My whole body was practically begging for it.

I know how extremely weird this sounds, but this experience was so incredible for me that I feel like I have to talk to someone about it, and this was the only place I felt safe sharing this. :)
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Shifting
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 01:54:32 AM »
No I know exactly what that's like, shifting doesn't happen for everyone, but I have had it happen a few times. Once was pretty cool and scary at the same time, but I could describe similarities. Feeling fur, claws, and such to the point where it felt like it was always there. It can be pretty random too sometimes.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 03:34:33 AM »
One thing that happens to me fairly frequently occurs when I get particularly excited. My back teeth feel like they're almost swelling, changing shape and position, and my jaw locks up a little so I can't really talk.
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 03:38:22 AM »
Yeah I have that problem with my canines in my mouth and my nose and "ears" that occasionally appear.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Fly Boy

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Founding Baconist
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Siberian Husky
  • Coloring: Typical Coloring for a Husky with extra black fur on the paws.
  • Height: '6"1
  • Weight: ~185 lb
  • Build: Built more for endurance, not speed
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 05:03:49 PM »
I've had experiences like those before... I would start feeling my tail or ears, or muzzle when I'm sitting in school. I think it pretty cool.  ^_^

FurAffinity:CLICK ME!
Deviant Art:CLICK ME!

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 09:46:28 PM »
The one thing that almost always brings out my fursona is listening to metal, Disturbed in particular. While it doesn't necessarily bring out the desire to actually shift, I can still feel the ghost of my fursona form come out to play and rock out. It's like the music is bringing out my true self. :P

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 05:12:26 AM »
i have had and still do shifting , i love it feels so good. my fursona is a anthro k9 or a wolf hound, so i do feel phantom tail and ears. and some times when i feel it i bark
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »
I dunno if this is the same thing as shifting. but about two years ago I was walking to school and all my senses suddenly heightened. like it felt like a cover was over me  and then someone just lifted it. I could smell all sorts of things and my vision seemed so much brighter and I could see things and make out signs and letters from really far away. My hearing had increased alot too, I could hear what some people were talking about from across a river in their garden.

It also felt as if my mind wasn't in my body. as though it was floating behind me. But then I felt a bit wierd and I sat down, I fell asleep for about half an hour and when I woke up It was all just normal... o.o

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 06:59:37 PM »
that could be , very insetting though
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 07:23:16 PM »
I dunno if this is the same thing as shifting. but about two years ago I was walking to school and all my senses suddenly heightened. like it felt like a cover was over me  and then someone just lifted it. I could smell all sorts of things and my vision seemed so much brighter and I could see things and make out signs and letters from really far away. My hearing had increased alot too, I could hear what some people were talking about from across a river in their garden.

It also felt as if my mind wasn't in my body. as though it was floating behind me. But then I felt a bit wierd and I sat down, I fell asleep for about half an hour and when I woke up It was all just normal... o.o

Something similar happened with my sense of smell a few years ago, shortly after I...discovered my fursona. It was kind of a weird thing because I didn't really plan to make one or have one, but as I started thinking about my furryness and what brought me to the fandom, I just sort of realized what my fursona was. Like it had been there all along. Not long after that, my sense of smell got much more sensitive. To the point that certain, everyday smells practically choke me and I can't breathe at all for a few seconds until my nose recovers.

Offline felgreywolf

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 02:23:47 PM »
Shifting... I miss it D: I havn't had the experience of shifting in quite some time.... I need to let myself go more.

However, when I was awakening to my therian self, i had some pretty strong, and frequent, shifts. Phantom and mental in particular.

I rememmber at least one occasion, I was in school. I suddenly got very alert. My ears pricked up ( I felt it) My tail stiffened, and My head kept swivelling back and forth, keeping an eye out for something. And the wierdest thing: I could tell individual smells for everyone around me.  I would smell people and identify them before they came in sight range.

BTW... turns out it was the biology teacher passing by with a pig heart to disect... thats why i got all alert... was hungry i guess>.>

Offline Adonai Vipont

• Vibrating Furby
  • Hurr....
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Uni-Wolf
  • Coloring: Red, Grey, Yellow, White, Black
  • Height: Without Horn, 5'4" With Horn, 6'
  • Weight: 135
  • Build: Sturdy
  • Currently: Fun
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 07:22:50 PM »
I've had experiances shifting before. Feel free to pm me if you'd like to talk about it. I could be a good friend, and who knows, we may have a lot in common.

Offline Novabrek

• Avid Aardvark
  • Why does this always happen to me!?!?! XD
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue,Black,Gray,White- Eyes : Silver blue
  • Height: 5 ft 8
  • Weight: 125 lbs
  • Build: medium frame
  • Currently: Emotion meter: [72%]
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2012, 09:36:13 PM »
I always have my phantom tail and ears, im use to it now and if and when they vanish i feel a little off and want them back. Big k9s and sensative eyes at night are the few physical traits i have. 
He is my shadow my reflection and i am his we are one person , mind, heart, and spirit. We stand and fall as ONE.
FACE BOOK: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003403716903&sk=wall
G-MAIL: [email protected]
U-TUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/Novabrek/featured
MY THEME SONG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K287p_jVzYI
FURSONA PROFILE: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=4353.msg835524#msg835524

Offline Thagrahn

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger and Lynx
  • Coloring: White and Black; Grey, Tan, and White
  • Height: 5' 4"; 5' 0"
  • Weight: 135 lb; 107 lb
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 11:37:22 PM »
I've gotten to a state where my furry side is almost constantly manifested, but it does come with one draw back.

Anytime the shifting ends suddenly, I feel furless and cold.
I am Thagarhn, nothing more, nothing less.

Offline Novabrek

• Avid Aardvark
  • Why does this always happen to me!?!?! XD
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Blue,Black,Gray,White- Eyes : Silver blue
  • Height: 5 ft 8
  • Weight: 125 lbs
  • Build: medium frame
  • Currently: Emotion meter: [72%]
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 12:48:58 AM »
That is rare for me LOL

I hope one day u will have control over when it shows up or goes away????
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:51:15 AM by Novabrek »
He is my shadow my reflection and i am his we are one person , mind, heart, and spirit. We stand and fall as ONE.
FACE BOOK: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003403716903&sk=wall
G-MAIL: [email protected]
U-TUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/Novabrek/featured
MY THEME SONG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K287p_jVzYI
FURSONA PROFILE: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=4353.msg835524#msg835524