The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Tattoo advice  (Read 704 times)

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Tattoo advice
« on: April 23, 2011, 04:12:53 PM »
Here recently (within the past week actually) I've been noticing little raised bumps under the tattoo on my forearm. They itch occasionally, and I'm not entirely sure what I should do because I've attempted to look up information on what could be causing it, but I can't seem to find anything. I keep seeing stuff about a possibly allergic reaction, but that doesn't quite make sense because I've had this tattoo for about seven months now, an allergic reaction would have happened sooner, I'd think. It can't be any lotions because I don't really later my tattoo in lotion unless it's looking absolutely terrible, and when I do, I use the stuff that I've been using on it since I initially got it (which, again, has never been problematic). Anyone else have this problem? So far I haven't done anything to the tattoo or the bumps (this includes scratching or using ointment, ect) because I'm afraid of messing up that tattoo itself.

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
Re: Tattoo advice
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 04:15:08 PM »
It might just be acne or irritated pores. It's happened to me some and I got tattooed two years ago.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 04:17:32 PM »
Well, the thing is, it's not just like one or two, it's a lot of them. >>
Almost like a rash, but it's not red or anything. They're just... There.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 04:23:40 PM »
goodebumps maybe?  :?

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2011, 09:58:49 PM »
Take it to the tattoo studio you got it in, or any tattoo studio. They should be willing to take a look without charging anything.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 03:51:38 AM »
I plan to. And if not that I was planning on going to the doctor just in case. I wish it were goosebumps, Macid. Those go away. xD

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/snow leopard
  • Coloring: light blue, white and black
  • Height: 7 foot 5 inches
  • Weight: thin
  • Build: medium light
  • Currently: eh
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 03:55:45 AM »
well tell me this...is it a radom patch of skin thats not discolored but has small raised bumps and ocationaly itches like hell? and it feels dry?

<-------this ish me :3  

Shadow hide you..

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 04:12:54 PM »
It doesn't feel dry, but that's pretty much what I described in my first post. :P

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/snow leopard
  • Coloring: light blue, white and black
  • Height: 7 foot 5 inches
  • Weight: thin
  • Build: medium light
  • Currently: eh
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 02:09:16 AM »
It doesn't feel dry, but that's pretty much what I described in my first post. :P

i think you may have exactly what i have right now...i have no idea what it is either, but its on my forearm about as big arond as a quarter...it comes and goes but when its there its itchy as heck and wont go away for ANYTHING..
x.x
me and you both need to find out what this is...if you figure out anything do let me know, im curious myself

...perhaps try www.webmd.com ?

<-------this ish me :3  

Shadow hide you..

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 02:39:47 AM »
I may try that. I'm supposed to go to the tattoo parlor by the end of the week and see what they think, and if that doesn't work, onto the doctor. I've had a friend tell me she had this problem, and she put lotion on it and go away, but I've also seen that sometimes it can make it worse from scrounging around information online... So I'm kind of scared to do anything right now. >>

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 03:05:43 AM »
As long as it isn't painful, it's usually nothing to be scared of.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 07:24:48 PM »
It could just be general irritation from clothing or something you may of brushed up against, it could be in the tattoo area just becuase its a little more susceptible. Is it warm or anything to the touch, and also does it hurt. If the bumps them self begin to hurt I would keep a closer eye on it, but as someone else said it could just be acne.

Also when using a lotion make sure it isn't one with the "perfume" and "scented" stuff, that may exacerbate what ever you have wrong with you, just a little fyi >.>, even though I'm sure you knew that >.<
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Lizzy

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Hopefully it's Temporary
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard / Rodent
  • Coloring: White and Black
  • Height: 4feet 3inches
  • Weight: 82lb
  • Build: Thin
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 09:33:08 PM »
Well, the thing is, it's not just like one or two, it's a lot of them. >>
Almost like a rash, but it's not red or anything. They're just... There.

It might be an allergic reaction to something unrelated to the tattoo that is breaking out in that area.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 03:59:02 PM »
Well, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary, so I don't know what could be irritating it. I thought at first it could be something as simple as the soap I'm using, but I'm not using soap I haven't already used on it without having problems. I keep getting told by various people who have had the same thing happen to them that the tattoo is just dry and that I should put something on it. So, I'm attempting to use lotion on it to see if it goes away. I'm using Curél, which was the stuff I was supposed to use on it when it was healing to keep it moisturized. It's not scented, and is supposed to be really good for your skin and whatnot. So far (though it's only been a day) the itching has mellowed out. The bumps are still there. I can't tell if the skin is just soft or if they are actually starting to go down. If this doesn't work for me in the next week or so, I'm gonna take it to the doctor.

Offline Lizzy

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Hopefully it's Temporary
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard / Rodent
  • Coloring: White and Black
  • Height: 4feet 3inches
  • Weight: 82lb
  • Build: Thin
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 04:19:02 PM »
Well, I haven't done anything out of the ordinary, so I don't know what could be irritating it. I thought at first it could be something as simple as the soap I'm using, but I'm not using soap I haven't already used on it without having problems. I keep getting told by various people who have had the same thing happen to them that the tattoo is just dry and that I should put something on it. So, I'm attempting to use lotion on it to see if it goes away. I'm using Curél, which was the stuff I was supposed to use on it when it was healing to keep it moisturized. It's not scented, and is supposed to be really good for your skin and whatnot. So far (though it's only been a day) the itching has mellowed out. The bumps are still there. I can't tell if the skin is just soft or if they are actually starting to go down. If this doesn't work for me in the next week or so, I'm gonna take it to the doctor.

That's a good idea.