The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Zombie Suvival  (Read 3641 times)

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
Zombie Suvival
« on: March 29, 2011, 09:04:47 PM »
All right, heres how it works. You explain what you would do if zombies invaded your city, what weopons you have, and who you would take with you. only 3 people you cannot pick: Jesus, Chuck Norris, and a Super Hero. Oh! And Pretty much anything unrealistic. Dont say that you have, like, an RPG warhead or nukes or anything stupid or crazy like that. I repeat: PLEASE BE REALISTIC!

Here are the zombie types:
Stupids- regular, slow moving zombies.
Jocks- runners
Midgets- Infected babies...
shooters- spit infections at you.
Medieval's- use swords, axes, etc.
Brutes- strong and big
Assassin- hide in the shadows.
and last, but not least,
SUPERS- all of the above abilities. (U R screwed)

EDIT:
Neutrals- zombies that retained their human emotins and such. They cant talk, wont attack you, and are ignored by all other zombies.
Zero-The main zombie who started everything. If you see him, and do not have a tacticle nuke or 400lbs of C4, then run. It has all powers, and is more powerful than a super. Luckily, there is only one, and if you manage to kill him, no more zombies.

this was pasted from a different forum I go to. No need to worry about copy write-ation, because I wrote this on the other forum.

Offline Craxis

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Siberian Tiger
  • Height: 6" 8"
  • Weight: 280
  • Build: Muscular
Re: Zombie Suvival
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 09:32:28 AM »
Oh! And Pretty much anything unrealistic. Dont say that you have, like, an RPG warhead or nukes or anything stupid or crazy like that. I repeat: PLEASE BE REALISTIC!

Well RPGs would be realistic for me. Carina and I live only a few miles from Camp Lejeune.

We have enough food and water stored up for two months. So we would bug in until it started to run low. I reload and have enough components to last a decade.

Question for ya though. Are they the zombies that must be shot in the head? Or are they like the zombies off of 28 days later?

If they are the kind that you have to hit in the head then Carina and I would be carrying nothing larger than .22 mag. Low recoil, and more than enough to get through the zombies skulls.

If they are the kind that can be killed by trauma to the body, then we would be loaded out with .45 acp and 5.56 NATO (In MK262 MOD 0). Once everyone else is gone we would go onto base, get an uparmored HMMWV, raid the ASP (Ammo Supply Point) and a few of the armories. I think a MK19 in the turret, and a 203 for my AR would be enough. Then go after the boss and rule the world.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 10:06:04 AM »
grab some boltcutters, a sword, and get to the military base not far from here. load up one of their armoured cars (or more if theres to many others already at the base. trust me where i live there's going to be more than three survivers.....) then travel into the city and to the main navy base. arm up there, load up a destroyer or two then sail from place to place picking up survivers and killing of the undead hordes with long range artilery off the ships decks. then w sail for america and russia, 'borrow a few nuclear subs and bring the black rain. (A-bomb reference)

that good enough?
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 04:00:18 PM »
Oh! And Pretty much anything unrealistic. Dont say that you have, like, an RPG warhead or nukes or anything stupid or crazy like that. I repeat: PLEASE BE REALISTIC!

Well RPGs would be realistic for me. Carina and I live only a few miles from Camp Lejeune.

We have enough food and water stored up for two months. So we would bug in until it started to run low. I reload and have enough components to last a decade.

Question for ya though. Are they the zombies that must be shot in the head? Or are they like the zombies off of 28 days later?

If they are the kind that you have to hit in the head then Carina and I would be carrying nothing larger than .22 mag. Low recoil, and more than enough to get through the zombies skulls.

If they are the kind that can be killed by trauma to the body, then we would be loaded out with .45 acp and 5.56 NATO (In MK262 MOD 0). Once everyone else is gone we would go onto base, get an uparmored HMMWV, raid the ASP (Ammo Supply Point) and a few of the armories. I think a MK19 in the turret, and a 203 for my AR would be enough. Then go after the boss and rule the world.

Yes head-shots required. Only ones killable by trauma are Zero and Supers. Hence the 400lbs of C4 thing.

@Serpington: That is most definantly good enough.

Explain to me how you would handle the zombies, though. How would you kill them, avoid them, watch them, etc.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 07:59:39 PM »
well the army base full of guns and armoured cars was a hint and so was the long range artilery. i was kind of planing a whole 'kill anything that comes at us  that looks infected. and hay, you never know, i might decide to go for style points every once and a while. (wood-chipers are fun, and convenient!!)
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Hunter_Tier

• Boisterous Bear
  • The greatest lie ever told? Don't worry, I'm fine.
    • Awards
  • Species: Vulpa, anthro. alien fox creatures
  • Coloring: Grey Fox
  • Height: 5ft 9in
  • Weight: 155-160 lbs
  • Build: Athetlic Muscled
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 04:16:37 PM »
Hmm. Sound interesting.
 I think I would follow orders from my Boss on our standard evacuation plan if our perimeter is overrun. I work for a company that deploys Contract Security/Private Military personell to private intrests or governmental agencies. We have to buy all of our own equipment weaponry and I've become rather well stocked during my seven years of employment. Assault rifles, hand guns, what's best considered for house to house fighting, explosives. You name it I probably have something that at least falls in the same classification of a weapon, Ie. assault, sniper, light machine gun, ect. Plus it would really depend on where I was stationed at the time. I can go ahead and say this though.

My team and I would fortify our position and radio for instructions. If the orders were to fall back to an extraction point or if, and God forbid, all hell broke loose, we would fight our way to either an airport or a harbor. Standard personal evacuation plans would have us hijack either an aircraft or a waterborne vessel of some sort if we are in a hostile area and become surrounded to where we are forced to make a fighting retreat. We would probably try to rally any non infected personnel to our position for extraction. The more guns the better. But retreating would be our top priority until we reached a base. Most bases are heavily fortified structures that have hardened facilities on site were we could fall back to and make a final stand. Of course this is on land, on the ocean we would probably either sail/power motor/row boat (that mutha' if we have to!) to one of our vessels and post up there.

Personally I think we'd be safer by sea but beggars cant always be choosers and if we found ourselves in a position where we were unable to reach the ocean we would have to resort to guerrilla tactics of shooting and moving. If an area can be effectively cleared and defended with an ample and SAFE food and water supply we would post up there and set up our radio to rally others. Combat shifts would be set up along with periods of rest just like when we are deployed to any combat area. If it turned out to be a longterm post, recreation and training elements would be introduced to help the personnel assigned to the position remain sharp and combat efficient.

I was bored and once read the Zombie Survival Guide and was actually somewhat impressed with it's continence. I cant exactly remember who wrote it but I do remember that it had kind of a blueish/green cover and had a picture of a crossed rifle and machete. A pretty good read if you ever get the chance.
I am no hero, I am no knight in shining armor, and I am not your friend. I am a monster, and I will only wind up hurting you in the end.

There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy. -Dante

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 10:53:09 PM »
i said you only get 3 people with you. and to explain how you would handle the zombies solitarily by themselves. i'll post what i mean tommorrow.

Offline Hunter_Tier

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 12:30:29 AM »
Sorry. Well, by myself I would radio in, receive orders and find a fall back point. Simple. If I knew the orders were complete bullshit I would get the **censor** out. In most instances I would work better alone. No one to worry about tagging along, but if I had to choose, I would pick someone who was a good sharpshooter, a grenadier, and someone who knew how to operate a light machinegun so as I'm not lugging that bastard around. Hey, twenty five pounds of weapon, and that's unloaded, gets pretty flippin' heavy after a while. Personally I wouldn't flippin' care who they are just as long as they can fit that criteria. I still stand by my idea of getting to a ship though, even if I have to hijack one. Something on the water that I can avoid having to deal with the infected. Not everywhere would be infected so stopping at a port on some island to resupply would not be a problem. Although, in the instance that most everywhere is infected, just turn to raiding the ports and coastal areas using the ship as your base and the deck guns to wipe any resistance you encounter.
I am no hero, I am no knight in shining armor, and I am not your friend. I am a monster, and I will only wind up hurting you in the end.

There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy. -Dante

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 11:21:30 AM »
if both our plans worked you could just call me, i'd pick you up.

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 11:23:53 AM »
http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/topic/5755-zombie-survival/

view post #2 and you'll understand what I was talking about on how I would like things to work on this thing here.

Offline Craxis

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Height: 6" 8"
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 11:58:25 AM »
Sorry. Well, by myself I would radio in, receive orders and find a fall back point. Simple. If I knew the orders were complete bullshit I would get the ***Auto-Censor*** out. In most instances I would work better alone. No one to worry about tagging along, but if I had to choose, I would pick someone who was a good sharpshooter, a grenadier, and someone who knew how to operate a light machinegun so as I'm not lugging that bastard around. Hey, twenty five pounds of weapon, and that's unloaded, gets pretty flippin' heavy after a while. Personally I wouldn't flippin' care who they are just as long as they can fit that criteria. I still stand by my idea of getting to a ship though, even if I have to hijack one. Something on the water that I can avoid having to deal with the infected. Not everywhere would be infected so stopping at a port on some island to resupply would not be a problem. Although, in the instance that most everywhere is infected, just turn to raiding the ports and coastal areas using the ship as your base and the deck guns to wipe any resistance you encounter.

The idea of being in water is an ok one. However it would only be a short term solution. Depending on the size of the boat you are going to be going through a lot of fuel. Even diesel needs a stabilizer to keep it good for years and years. Larger vessels go through a lot of fuel. Its going to go dry pretty quick. Say you are on a normal civilian ship in the 1000 ton range, you are looking at burning anywhere from a thousand to five thousand gallons of fuel a day on a half load at station keeping with DP thrusters. Say a normal 1000 ton work boat. If you fuel all its bulk tanks you are looking at about 90,000 gallons. Sounds like a lot. So best case scenario at minimum load on the engines (station keeping in zero to two foot seas, and no lights) you have enough fuel for 90 days. I'd reckon that you might be able to find fuel at a few of the stops. But most ports only have bulk tanks in the million gallon range. You will not be the only ship out there. In a busy port those bulk tanks are going to be drained in a manner of days.

So you are going to run into the same problems that a lot of normal folks are going to run into. Finding fuel.

Say you are able to get board a nuke ship. Yeah they have fuel for a long long time. But there is a lot that goes into maintaining them, and unless you are able to find a fairly large crew, you won't be able to keep her running long.

Naval vessel? Yeah their bulk tanks are larger. So you might be able to float around for six months to a year. But there are very few that run slow speed diesels now a days. So once again you have to find a crew that knows how to maintain them.

Small personal boat in the 25 to fifty foot range? Same problem as every zombie movie ever that has their characters driving cross country. Fuel. Gas stations (marinas included) generally need to be resupplied every two to three days. Most of them get a truck every single day. A small personal boat is going to need to be refueled every five to seven days. Fuel is going to become almost instantly hard to get ahold of. Gasoline is only stable without constant attention for about six months. Yes you can burn gas that is older. But it seriously wears down your engine.

So don't rely on mechanical transportation. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 12:02:32 PM by Craxis »

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 12:16:39 PM »
*thinks outloud to self* <i wonder how much effort would go into modifying an aircraft carrier to support a watter turbine, sollar pannels and some wind turbines......could work....> "i have an idea! i'll make my boat!!...!....HAMSTER POWERED!!!!!!

Offline Hunter_Tier

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 12:35:52 PM »
To mount any form of an effective resistance you'd still have to rally others to your cause. Survival is one thing, but direct opposition is another. I know a little about the problem with fuel but as long as you can provide an effective base with the naval vessel the use of sail powered craft can be used for supply runs. Most of our naval vessels are older model stuff that we've bought off military auctions. A lot of the same goes with our mechanized armor division and aircraft. Hell, we're still using World War II stuff but it holds up decently as long as it's maintained. Like you said a warship would pose the problem of fuel but in the instances of a base it wouldn't be so bad. Using sail powered craft as scouts and supply lines would work until the fleet was forced to move to a new location. The Maunsell Sea Forts in the UK would provide exicellent bases of operation as long as they could be properly maintained and supplied. Here, here's a link that goes to Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunsell_Forts I think once you get over the initial problem of supply lines you're in the green. Hashima Island, found here on Wikipedia again http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashima_Island would provide another decent base of operations. Once you can prove you can effectively defend your area and radio broadcast your safety others will come to where you can form an effective resistance. My thing isn't just survival during a situation like that, I believe anyone else at the company I work for, including myself, would treat the threat as an invasion and make measures to form an attempt to fight back.

Offline Craxis

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Height: 6&quot; 8&quot;
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 12:45:22 PM »
OK. I get what you're saying now. But if youre going to go the route of having a base of operations running, and people to man it why go offshore at all? The offensive can push faster and farther the simpler the logistics.

Offline Hunter_Tier

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 01:03:42 PM »
Safety. Once you establish a main base you can focus on gaining a strong foothold at a port where you can establish further bases as you go. Depending on the location of your main base you will want a major port under your command for two simple reasons, one, most people will at least heard of it and if there are any survivors in the area and will be able to find it, and two, where their is a major port, their is a major city not too far away. Refineries, are also key points of intrest. Also you will have to take into consideration climate. In a humid or semi tropical climate a body will decompose faster than in a dry arid climate. This would make semi tropical areas safer but more dangerous on the same token as tropical and your semi tropical areas normally provide an abundance of cover.