The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 7064 times)

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
Harry Potter
« on: March 28, 2011, 09:04:29 PM »
I was kinda surprised this one wasn't up here already!  X3

So, who are fans?

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 09:17:11 PM »
I really liked these books, I finished the last one two years back..... I think......
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »
Yeah, I finished it barely a week after it came out. My grandparents got it Pre-Ordered or something.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 09:26:03 PM »
I've read every single book.. however translated to Swedish, rather than the original English versions, but I've loved every single one of them! Got the last one shortly after it was released here in Sweden and finished it fairly quickly, took me about 1-2 months, but I am generally slow at reading since I tend to read through every word pretty carefully and that I only spend 1-2 hours a day for reading...
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 09:27:55 PM »
it took me about... 16 days to read the whole series.
<==has no life

Anyway, what was your favorite part?  :?

Mine was in hte very last one as Harry is fighting Voldemort, and Voldemort does the wuss thing, calling him out. >:[

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 09:58:12 PM »
<==has no life

Anyway, what was your favorite part?  :?

Mine was in hte very last one as Harry is fighting Voldemort, and Voldemort does the wuss thing, calling him out. >:[
WOW, haha.. I'm not sure if I could beat that even if I read them constantly without any breaks, not even for sleep xD

My favorite part... I used to love the whole 'snake speech' thing when I was younger, but for a specific scene.. I don't know actually... possibly the last fight at the graveyard at the end of the 4th book.. The burial at the end of the 6th book can also be considered among my favorites tbh... ooh, and lets not forget when Lupin turns into a werewolf /Typical furry

For the last fight with Voldemort, I actually thought the whole ending of the book felt quite rushed and simple... I had expected, -I'll try to not spoil too much for those who have not read the last book yet-, something bigger for a ending, it was rather unexpected, but felt quite unrealistic in my opinion, I had rather had something rather predictable but more epic and a bigger fight, but that's just my opinion as said.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:00:05 PM by Timmy the Foxy »
Proud to be a furry!

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 10:04:49 PM »
<==has no life

Anyway, what was your favorite part?  :?

WOW, haha.. I'm not sure if I could beat that even if I read them constantly without any breaks, not even for sleep xD

My favorite part... I used to love the whole 'snake speech' thing when I was younger, but for a specific scene.. I don't know actually... possibly the last fight at the graveyard at the end of the 4th book.. The burial at the end of the 6th book can also be considered among my favorites tbh... ooh, and lets not forget when Lupin turns into a werewolf /Typical furry

For the last fight with Voldemort, I actually thought the whole ending of the book felt quite rushed and simple... I had expected, -I'll try to not spoil too much for those who have not read the last book yet-, something bigger for a ending, it was rather unexpected, but felt quite unrealistic in my opinion, I had rather had something rather predictable but more epic and a bigger fight, but that's just my opinion as said.

i have to agree with you, but for authors, extended fights are hard to write out. I know this, I tried.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 10:08:23 PM »
i have to agree with you, but for authors, extended fights are hard to write out. I know this, I tried.
I can imagine that, however I still feel that she could have made something better if she tried a bit harder considering what she've written in previous books... Chamber of secrets had an excellent fight for example.
Proud to be a furry!

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 10:20:02 PM »
That was probably one of the best, actually. So much drama...

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 10:22:13 PM »
That was probably one of the best, actually. So much drama...
I totally agree!
Proud to be a furry!

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 03:37:08 AM »
Love the series. :)

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 05:47:26 PM »
Love it to death. :3
I think because of the huge fight at Hogwarts, having a huge drawn-out fight with Voldemort would have been too much. I personally like what happens in that Voldemort fight.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 07:42:11 PM »
Ah, well. I guess we'll have to disagree there. TO me it seemed to rushed and incomplete.

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2&quot;
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 02:59:27 AM »
Many people may vehemently disagree with me here, but I felt that Book Seven was the biggest letdown of the series. Mainly because so many of the characters we've grown to love over the source of the series are killed off left, right, and center, with no preamble or build up to them. And some of them seem to happen "off screen" entirely! I get that she wanted to make it feel like a real war, but I feel she took it WAY too far. I'm writing a war story, and deaths in these types of stories are always more powerful when you spend time with them, like she did with Sirius and Dumbledor. So many of the characters who die in Deathly Hallows deserved better.

That said, I loved the final confrontation between Harry and Voldemort. It works beautifully as the ultimate ideological climax of the series. As an actual fight, it leaves a fair bit to be desired, but a full blown brawl would have come of as lame for one simple fact. Voldemort knows far more deadly and offensive magic than Harry does, and Harry was never seriously trained in magical combat, especially not to the degree that he would have needed to actually go toe to toe with Voldemort and win. It would have been awesome if he had been, but he wasn't. As the fight stands, it was a perfect representation of J.K. Rowlings idea that Love is the most powerful form of magic. Think about it, Love is so powerful, it defeated Voldemort in one blow!!! That, my friends, is epic.

:P

So yeah, those are my primary thoughts on the finale. My favorite book has to be Book Five. I never though she could write a character I hated more than Lockheart. And then she gives us Umbridge... *shudders*
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2011, 11:33:09 AM »
I have to agree with you on the Umbridge thing. And I agree that the people who died, mostly *ajkhjkashC-sdfijafjahO-ajfhjisL-dhjkfhL-sdfasdiofI-sdgfasdhuN-* (look at the words in caps tho find out who, if you havent read the book, then dont try to decipher) Deserved better. However, I do not agree with you in that it wasnt heartfelt enough. Most of the deaths you see clearly, and those you dont are still powerful enough to cause emotion.