The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 7053 times)

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 06:19:57 PM »
I have to agree with you on the Umbridge thing. And I agree that the people who died, mostly *ajkhjkashC-sdfijafjahO-ajfhjisL-dhjkfhL-sdfasdiofI-sdgfasdhuN-* (look at the words in caps tho find out who, if you havent read the book, then dont try to decipher) Deserved better. However, I do not agree with you in that it wasnt heartfelt enough. Most of the deaths you see clearly, and those you dont are still powerful enough to cause emotion.

Well to be fair, I probably need to read the book again. I was just really put off that major characters feel like they're dropping off like flies.
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 01:27:10 AM »
Well, she did warn the readers that there would be a lot of deaths. And you have to remember that not all the major characters get killed, and a certain couple of the deaths I believe were done the way they were because there's more of an impact to another person (both people I'm talking about had someone extremely close to them in one way or another; I know everyone has people they're close to, but these two are different slightly) associated with them. (I'd say which ones I mean but I don't want to ruin anything for anybody.)
I pretty much cried for every one of them, even the ones where the scene moves around to people looking at the dead body and you didn't actually "see" them die.
That's just me though because I cry over books easily, especially with ones like these where I got so connected to the characters then bam! they're dead.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline L. Jay Echoes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I have a pigasus, too.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pig/Bat/Devil
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 99 lbs
  • Build: Short and trim
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: refreshingly busy
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 10:58:01 PM »
I went from detesting it to loving it to resenting it to being "meh" about it to waiting 10 years to read the last book to thinking, "Hey, Deathly Hallows is actually much better than the movies!"

Yes, while not my all-time favorite book series, my opinion of them is considerably high. I'd like to reread "The Science of Harry Potter," more closely than I did the first time. I also ought to take another look at Fantastical Beasts and Where to Find Them, which was originally a field guide with annotations by Harry, Ron and Hermoine.

Although I do think its influence on other authors was awful. After it was published, several people thought school dramas were the way to go. R. L. Stine tried to cash-in by writing a gross-out themed school drama series called "Rotten School." Some guy with the pen name Derek the Ghost wrote a horror-themed series called "Scary School." It's like they read Harry Potter, got jealous, then started playing Mad Libs with the content.
  • Signature art by: Me again
What did the toilet say to the bath tub?

"I'm hungry for an apple."

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2018, 11:28:28 PM »
Medium fan, definitely not a diehard fan.
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.