The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: failing at life  (Read 424 times)

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
failing at life
« on: March 20, 2011, 03:39:19 AM »
Lately I've been feeling like I'm....idk, slipping through the cracks. I'm becoming less and less like a real person and more and more of....something! I honestly think, that at the rate I'm going, I'm going to die sooner rather than later. It's just this feeling I have, that my clock is winding down on me and the road is ending just ahead in the greyness of my future. This isn't a metaphor for anything. I literally feel like I'm going to die soon, and I literally feel like my road is coming to an end. I sometimes try to think about the future, and what I will be doing in the years ahead....but those thoughts end up blocked! I close my eyes, and I can think of little but empty greyness and the void.

I feel left behind...or maybe left ahead.

I don't know. A part of me doesn't want to die, but the vast majority of me sees sense in it. After all, what can I do? Sure I may fulfill my dreams of being a novelist or artist. Sure I may get married to my love. But what is this when I can't feel anything? What is this when I lack the ability to feel happy, sad, angry? I feel nothing anymore! Just empty. Acting like I always act. A robot.

I'm starting to accept that maybe it is my destiny to die before I mature, and these feelings I have are real. My road is going thinner and thinner...

I've started to loose motivation to do...almost anything. I no longer see a point in putting on make-up or perfume. I see no point in doing anything more than letting the water run over my head while I'm in the shower...I no longer shampoo or use soap, as I don't have the energy to do anything more but stand there under the water. Even opening the drawers to get my clothes out and put them on is painful. I see no point in being with family as I lack the emotion to emphasize with their feelings and do little more than a fake laugh or fake conversation. My room is a mess....I don't feel like cleaning it up. My hair is tangled, ratty....I lack the energy to brush it. I go to bed late....typing my feelings onto a forum like this is better than putting my energy into trying to sleep...besides, there are the nightmares, and the hauntings.....not to mention if I had my way I would choose to lie in bed forever.

I feel so tired even though I sleep so much....no matter how long I rest, I wake up tired and stay tired, unable to run, hating to fix food or drink for myself, wanting to get the day over with as I go about like a drone. When I close my eyes, not only do I see the grey, but I quickly start to fall asleep and have to wake myself up.   

The small part of me that doesn't want to die early reaches out for advice.
x

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: failing at life
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 04:26:02 AM »
It could just be depression making you feel so lethargic and tired. Have you tried or thought about speaking to a therapist?

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 04:38:12 AM »
Don't let it get to you Sasha...you have no idea how often I've felt the same.  That feeling of "Why am I even trying...I can see Death's hiding around the corner...he's having some trouble getting that scythe hidden but he's right there."  Let me tell you, curling up and letting it happen is the worst thing you can do.  I should know...and you know that I know.  As vast as that expanse of gray may be....just focus on your feet and the person holding your hand through it.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 04:47:12 AM »
I went to one before....it was like therapists you see on tv....the patient does all the talking. It hurt me so much to have her sit there and nod then prescribe medication (not try to offer advice or help at all!) after I spilled all my secrets to her.

I don't like therapists. They're not in it to be your friend. They're in it to hurry up your appointments as fast as they can and recognize emotions in your stories that tie in medication.
x

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 06:37:49 AM »
*hugs Sasha* I know what its like to lack emotions. They are there Sasha. They just need someone or something to help them out. Adopt a kitty or a puppy!  :3  We're here for you Sasha. No matter what you may think, we are here for you.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 06:42:13 AM »
*hugs back* thank you lots Macid. Always wonderful to be assured I have friends. :3 Others can't say they have friends but I do. :D I have a dog and a cat...they don't like me though XD they're more my parents pets
x

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Hear me and my mighty ROAR!
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Clear/Silverish-white
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 12:24:25 PM »
:huggles: Don't let the depression get to you. You're just tired. Take sometime to rest your head and let go of your worries, there will always be a tomorrow to go crazy over cleaning and getting yourself back on track. And take your time, rushing is bad for your heart and you'll just end up forgetting to do things which will only add to your present frustrations. You got tons of people on this site looking forward to your smile, so don't be down. Have you've been eating right, it could be you're not getting enough vitamins in your food. Eat lots of good fruit, like oranges which are my favorite. And try not to drink too much caffinated stuff cuz that stuff can burn you out and make you more depressed. Also take a nice shower everyday to clean away all the bad stuff. And when your energy returns and you feel better, try to keep death away a bit longer, cuz there are still good things to look forward to in this world and you can't live them through if you're dead, so hold on a bit more. Life is short enough as it is already don't push yourself over the edge before you've even gotten your fair share of this gift of life we've been given.
:huggles:  ^_^ Take care of yourself and feel better. Mow!
I am that I am, even if only for a moment. And I will always try despite my flaws to summon what I can to become better than what I was.

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 02:56:39 AM »
Wow, that's scary how accurately you just described how I felt a couple months ago, I would've suggested going to a therapist as I did since it helped me a lot but you've already stated that you dislike therapists. What I tried to do when I felt depressed was attempt to pinpoint why I felt that way, and when I did I could then face that source of depression and find a way to resolve it. If you feel like you're going through the motions then try doing something new, maybe pick up a new hobby or just do something that isn't part of your normal day, improvising will bring new life to your daily routine. And lastly,  you just have to believe deep down in your heart that things will get better, say it over and over until it's burned into your head because it's true, things WILL get better, you have so much to live for and giving up hope now will only confirm your fears of amounting to nothing.

”Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
 -Brian Littrell
(I know it's cheesy but it's true)
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 04:03:22 AM »
Thank you, both of you, very much for taking time to try and help....

It has always been my dream to shoot for the moon, and I will try to follow your advice, as a better diet will surely make the day more clear as will pursuing my hobbies....

There IS always something to live for. Keeps me going. :3
x

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 04:45:08 AM »
That's the spirt! Now you win at life!  :D
*Super hugs*
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 04:55:26 AM »
ooof! *is super hugged* thank you, but me no win at life till I cross ze finish line :3 *hugs back*
x

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 10:12:02 PM »
are you sure this isn't depersonalization disorder? I had a bout with that one and that's exactly how I felt
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 04:05:55 PM »
sasha it sounds like depression, try to get some sun light that might help. has any one told you any thing hurt full lately?
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline Mathais

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has donated to the forum. This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • DeviantArt ala LonelyKat
    • Awards
  • Species: Felidae (Feline)
  • Coloring: (Creamy)White, (Brownish)Orange see Bengal/Golden Tiger
  • Height: 6' 0"
  • Weight: 200
  • Build: Blocky Build
  • Currently: Comme ci comme ca...
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 09:57:09 PM »
Sasha I know exactly how you feel. I have the same feeling all the time, Ive found there to be (so far) no cure... Im sorry but I am always here as a companion so pm or whatever anytime and we can maybe work through this together!  :/
<ExplosiveNewToxin>

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!