The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: why are people so rude these days?  (Read 386 times)

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
why are people so rude these days?
« on: March 18, 2011, 09:33:23 PM »
Just a quick rant, I was sitting in class today listening to music when I overheard a few sophmores talking about a girl. They were saying very rude things about her weight and looks. I'm wondering, when did people stop being nice to each other?? It seems that 8 out of every 10 people you meet are extremely cruel these days. Thank god for furryness...almost everyone here is nice to each other :3 but still...
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Nrein

• The Master of Speechcraft
  • Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • As the humans say, "The truth will out!"
    • Awards
  • Species: Dewott
  • Currently: Needing a Smoke, hardcore.
Re: why are people so rude these days?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 09:43:48 PM »
Exactly! I've been sooo sick of rude people/people being rude lately. It's like people have completely forgotten how to act.
For example, today I told my friends that I wasn't going to have anyone over.
Then, they barge through my front door and act like they have no where else to be, eat my food, and then act like douches and leave. Dx

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 09:48:20 PM »
It's something that I've never stopped thinking about for the past couple of months.

I'm sure there are many reasons but the main ones seem to be as follows
-Taking out anger
-Jealousy
-Insecurity
-Attitude
-Fitting in
-And some.....are just plain *censored*

It's so sad and frustrating to see people throw shit for no reason, I know it's really lame but "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 11:05:49 PM by White Wolf Guardian, Reason: Please do not use inappropriate language. »
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline The_GMan

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • You haz, one new message. *bip*
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 10:29:17 PM »
It's something that I've never stopped thinking about for the past couple of months.

I'm sure there are many reasons but the main ones seem to be as follows
-Taking out anger
-Jealousy
-Insecurity
-Attitude
-Fitting in
-And some.....are just plain *censored*

It's so sad and frustrating to see people throw shit for no reason, I know it's really lame but "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all"
I agree with Alexei, if you are not gonna say something nice then keep it to you.
Thank god for that quarter, but I don't know, maybe if all of the world were *censored*, then we would just nullify the *censored* :P (math = sucks) or everyone would just go crazy and bomb the neighbors house.

Wait whaa? You were listening to music in class? I wish I could do that.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 11:43:20 PM by White Wolf Guardian, Reason: Quoting and using inappropriate language. »
Hoo Wee! Makin' bacon!
I'm a gay(or bi) furry that lives on a pineapple under the sea! X3
Meh contacts :3

MSN*No e-mails here please*
E-Mail*Put e-mails here*
FaceBook
YouTube

I'm The GMan! I haz teleporting powers and I can freeze you in time and place in stasis for 20 years :D

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 05:33:27 PM »
The thing that blows my mind is when I met kids 12 years old and younger on Xbox LIVE that swear worse that anyone else I've ever met. They use curse words in ways I didn't even know where possible. I've stopped playing some games on Xbox LIVE entirely because I can't stand having that kind of vile behavior surround me when I'm just trying to have fun. I'm looking at you two, Halo and Modern Warfare 2.

Thank God for Battlefield: Bad Company 2.
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 05:43:52 PM »
standards of etiquette have changed in the world I guess.

Offline Jasper

• Vibrating Furby
  • SSSS.
    • Awards
  • Species: Mythical fire salamanderp
  • Height: 1'00
  • Weight: 3.5 lbs
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 08:52:29 PM »
People were never nice to each other, as far back as when slavery was okay and women were owned by their men. There was just a different standard for what you could and could not do in day-to-day social situations without real repercussion, some of it better and some of it worse.

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
  • Hear me and my mighty ROAR!
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Clear/Silverish-white
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 12:39:37 PM »
I think it's in our natural instinct for surviving, by only getting along with a small group that is self prefered and to seek the destruction of the rest of the population cuz there are too many people messing up the scenery that don't attend your specific attentions, in other words we tend to quickly dispose of unnecessary bodies we don't need. But people can also be taugh to be conciderate to others but if all the schools aren't teaching the kids right, and the parents are to busy to care, who is around to teach the child monsters to play nice with others.
I am that I am, even if only for a moment. And I will always try despite my flaws to summon what I can to become better than what I was.