The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Coffee House  (Read 4975 times)

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Fox
  • Coloring: Silvery Grey, Burnt Orange, Mottled Black, Dirty Cream
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 123lbs.
  • Build: short and scrawny
  • Currently: Coding Drawing Browsing Working Sleeping
Re: The Coffee House
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2011, 12:15:13 AM »
Nevan looks slightly perplexed.

"...Across all realms?"  He scratches his head.  "I guess it makes sense...how do you get *everyone*, though?  And every version?  Or do you mean, just, *recognized* that way?"

He also perks up.  "Oh yeah, I went to Equestria once.  It was...well, I thought I'd like it better than I did.  Everyone was nice, but they didn't understand everything...it was like...more limited of a reality somehow.  I accidentally caused some problems...well, at least with that version.  That's why I'm glad there's so many possibilities.  At least I didn't screw up *the only* place like that, or something."

Offline Zhono

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Bobcat
  • Height: 5 ft. 11 in.
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Lean
  • Currently: MINECRAFT! @_@
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2011, 12:32:16 AM »
Oh, the term "Grand Sage" is mostly a title more than anything. The Archmages of each realm takes care of thier own realms mostly. She's just there to watch over Xol and keep the Archmages from going mavrick on everyone.

So, he's been to Equestria too? Hmmm... come to think of it, I believe I reember seeing him... Meh, doesn't matter... he was just a passers by at the time. Yeah, it is not what you would expect. I mean, it's peaceful ...too peaceful to some... but it seems like it's... hiding something, ya know? It just seems a bit fishy. Still, the magic unversity's courses of healing magic surpass even Xol's courses in quality of teaching. *Zhono's eyes brighten up as he realizes something* Hey, one of the lessons in that course is on keeping a demon under control. Maybe you should try it! I betcha it'll help with your problem, even if it's just a second spirit and not a demon. *Zhono grins at Nevan*

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2011, 04:47:13 AM »
Nevan blinks again.  He's been doing that alot.

"Uh, maybe..."

"Then again, I mean, he's sort of *me*, at the same time...I mean, I'm *different* at all, but...if I were to do something to him...you don't think it would effect me?"

He thinks.  "Besides, I'm not too good at magic.  I just...know about it.  And the other stuff.  Yeah."

Offline Zhono

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2011, 05:52:02 PM »
*Zhono crosses his arms and looks at the ground, sighing in defeat* ...Right... didn't think about that... *Zhono snaps his fingers  couple of times, trying to test his Teleportation spell. But to no avail* ...and besides, my Teleportation spell doesn't seem to be working for some reason; something's blocking it... *Zhono looks back up Nevan, upset that he failed to help the fox at all* So... what? Does that mean that there's nothing we can do?

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2011, 02:43:45 AM »
Nevan's ears turn pink again.  "Oh no, it's ok.  I've been dealing with it for quite awhile, and like I said, I've currently got it under control.  Besides, I don't want to hurt him or anything.  I just wish he could *stay* a seperate person, so he could do the things he wants to without effecting me."

Nevan's curiosity is immediately piqued by Zhono's difficulty with the spell.  "Blocked, really?  Like somebody doesn't want you to use it?"

He thinks for a moment.  "Oh...you don't think it could be Aki, do you?  Er, I mean the...my other soul...reincarnated..."  He bumbles.  "I hope it isn't.  I don't want him to cause anybody else any trouble."

Offline Zhono

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2011, 11:47:05 PM »
*Zhono's ears perk up after he catches the word "Aki"* Aki? So, that's his name huh? Well, at least that's one good thing about him... a nice name. It's unfortunate that it doesn't count for much...

It could very well be Aki that's blocking my teleportation; it could also be just a glitch in my spellcasting... there's no way I could know. *Zhon smiles again, just as cheery as ever* Ah, no matter. I was planning on exploring New York anyway... *Zhono cocks his head to one side inquisitively* Er, would you like to come along with me?

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2011, 06:36:16 AM »
Nevan ohs.  "Uh, sure!"  He looks at the others.  "Er, nice meeting you. Sorry, I guess we kind of left you out of the conversation..."

Offline Zhono

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2011, 06:56:48 PM »
*Zhono then remembers that there are others* OH! My apologies guys... You all were just so quiet that I forgot you existed for a second... *Zhono looks at the time... 3:00* Well Nevan, we'd better get going if we're gonna do anything at all before nightfall... *Zhono get's up out of his seat and addresses the others* I do hope we all can chat again sometime, and we probably will, as I'm probably gonna be stuck here for a while... *Zhono turns to Nevan* You ready to go?

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2011, 11:57:58 PM »
Nevan finishes his coffee and stands, stretching.  "Yeah, I' m ready.  Er, where are we going to go, anyway?"

Offline Zhono

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2011, 01:03:51 AM »
We're going to- *Zhono stops midstep, eyes wide. He hasn't thought of a destination yet! And, even if he had, he would have no clue how to get to it...* Oh... well, em... this is awkward... *Zhono turns back around toward Nevan. He rubs the back of his head and smiles nervously* I guess I haven't thought that far yet... *sigh* Maybe we could just walk in a random direction untill we find somewhere of interest?

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2011, 02:49:21 AM »
Nevan nods.  "Yeah, that's kinda what I was doing when I found this place.  Actually, I was looking for a map or information...it's just so crowded, and everybody seems...I dunno, tense?"

Offline Zhono

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2011, 10:36:54 AM »
*Zhono nods in agreement* Yeah, I've noticed that too as I was teleporting aroud the place... Makes me wonder what's got them so worked. *Zhono thinks for a moment then turns around and prepares to run out the door* Eh, I'm sure we'll figure it out soon enough. Let's go! *Zhono walks out the door and waits outside for Nevan*

Offline mulchardude

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2011, 05:46:39 AM »
Nevan blinks.  Wow, he's got energy.

He follows Zhono out the door, and points left.  "Well, I was going this way when I saw the shop, but..."

Offline Zhono

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2011, 06:47:38 PM »
*Zhono looks in the direction Nevan was pointing. In that direction was a large intersection with plenty of flashing ads, large skyscrappers, cars and pedstrians hustling and bustling to get to here, there, and everywhere... Not unlike the same city in D'ni, only the air is much cleaner...* So, this is what Times Square looks like in this realm... *Zhono looks back at Nevan and grins* Who, knew such a small and quaint little coffee shop was set up next to one of this realm's great landmarks, huh? So, anywhere that you see that you would like to go first? Or would you like to take lead?