The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: your pets fantastic story  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/snow leopard
  • Coloring: light blue, white and black
  • Height: 7 foot 5 inches
  • Weight: thin
  • Build: medium light
  • Currently: eh
your pets fantastic story
« on: February 05, 2011, 02:16:31 AM »
alot of you have pets..and alot of those pets have amazing stories of how they came to be part of the family, something amazing they went through or just something realy cool that we MUST know about

this is for that special little buddy in your life. wether it flies, crawls runs or swims
tell us ALL about it

for me, its my python.

he was different from all the other snakes when i bought him..he was in a tank with like 8 other hatchlings and they were all balled up together under a log on one side, but when i went to pick my snake i saw peanut..who was off to the other corner all by his lonesome. and was smaller than all the others.
THATS why i picked him, he was the outcast like me. so i took him home and have been in love with him ever since.
and every day our bond grows...he will sleep in my pocket, he LOVED playing in my hair back when it was long and he likes getting his cheeks rubbed. (only counter clockwise)

so tell me what makes yours special, how you met, and any cool stories about them.

Post Merge: February 05, 2011, 04:13:19 AM
come on now..share your stories!

your pets are one of the loves of your lifes..share it!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 04:13:19 AM by KaprikaAZ »

<-------this ish me :3  

Shadow hide you..

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: your pets fantastic story
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 12:36:26 AM »
I have two gerbils and a cat.

I got the two gerbils a couple years ago, when I was living with roommates. One of my roommates had two gerbils, and her gerbils ended up having baby gerbils. I helped her take care of them, and she gave me two to keep for myself. Was neat raising them, instead of just buying adult gerbils from a pet store.

I got my cat as an adult from a breeder. I wanted a particular kind of cat, and spent months researching it and talking to cat breeders and visiting various cats. I saw a few that I considered taking home, but none that seemed quite "right" for me. I finally found my cat when I visited one breeder, and as soon as she brought the cat out for me to see, the cat immediately jumped into my lap, wrapped her arms around my legs, and started purring and letting me pet her. The breeder was very surprised she took to me so quickly like that. I've had her for a year and a half now, and she's still the sweetest cat ever. Anyone who meets her loves her. :)

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Hear me and my mighty ROAR!
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Clear/Silverish-white
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 12:47:10 PM »
My cat situation is kinda weird because we had a mother cat at first living in our backyard who kept giving us her kittens, at one point we had over 20 cats living in the house, not counting outside mind you. My phone has become like a family album instead full of pictures of people, its full of cats and kitten pictures. And they all have their own personality...it sometimes like running with the bulls in the house, instead of a stampede of bulls its a stampede of  crazy furballs with claws that jump everywhere and trip evereything walking by.
I am that I am, even if only for a moment. And I will always try despite my flaws to summon what I can to become better than what I was.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:54:49 PM »
well after about 9-10 years or so, I finally got to the point where I felt like I could get another cat. (had one before, please dont ask) Me and my roomate go to 3 different petsmarts until I find Moonbeam. Out of all the other cats I saw, she was the one that I wanted to see in person. After holding her and petting her for a little bit, I knew she was the one. Its been about 10 months since then and shes gotten fat now because I spoil her.  XP  She's one of the greatest things thats ever happened to me.

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 02:20:03 AM »
i have an amusing new story about my dog

i was laying with my mate in bed like i alwase do before he goes to sleep. since we have different sleep scheduals.

and our puppy (LOVES my mate) alwase likes to snuggle with us, well. he has been getting VERY possessive of my mate lately and keeps nudging me away and in between me and him.
we thought it was adorable till a few nights ago, when he layed with his back to him and kept pushing his paws at my chest to shove me away, he playfuly nipped at my face and i pulled back and with one final paw shove i got my ass rolled off and on the floor.

hahaha, he was like "no...MY DADDY!, go away bish!"  >>
he seems to think that the bed is theres now and im just that annoying female that keeps showin up.
we try to keep him at the foot of the bed now, we dont want him getting the wrong idea that it IS his bed

Shadow hide you..

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 03:27:25 AM »
anyone got pet stories that dont even have to be when you got them...

ANYTHING that your pet does funny, silly, bad or just worth telling. post it!
:3

Shadow hide you..

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 09:43:51 AM »
Feeding time at the zoo is the best and funniest part of the day when the cats try to kill me by tripping me while meowing and jumping everywhere looking for food. My cats love turkey cutlets...especially boar's head honey glazed turkey. My cat Molly, when she feels she's not getting her share stands on her hind-feet and uses her paws like a hand to grab the turkey strips from my hand to her mouth...
 T_T And people say cats are stupid...
Bigboy, or the giant mooshball as I like to call him, runs from cat to cat trying to steal their turkey as they eat it... He totally has no respect for any of the elders. He also wrestles on occasion with his uncle, Chamberlain, who is a big black cat who literally is Bigboy's uncle by cat lineage. Bigboy also has two sisters who are called Silver and Millie and a brother named Speedy who is blind in one eye and sticks his tongue out all the time, and he also wrestles with Chamberlain. They were all part of a liter of kittens who's mother sadly passed away last year from antifreeze poisoning along with her sister Kiki and her faithful brother Panda died from depression after his sister's death. I was so heart broken when I found out how they died. At least I saved her kittens and they are all big, healthy, fun, loving, and beautiful cats now with a good home where they get to run and play with eachother, well except for Millie...she got her own house with another master and last I heard she was still the lovable monkey Millie I raised.
Those $&@#'s who left out that antifreeze, I give them the evil eye, may it follow them to hell...

I still have pictures of the kittens mother, who's name was Hildie by the way, and a lot of pictures of her with her brother Panda sitting in the window together. I miss them both. Kiki sadly I couldn't get pictures of because she was a deep black color but I remember her well and she was also a harmless, sweet cat who helped her sister and mother with their kittens because she was spayed and had a piece of her ear clipped off, which I was so angry at the vet for doing to her.
So many stories...I don't have enough tissues.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:16:33 AM by Drago Strega »
I am that I am, even if only for a moment. And I will always try despite my flaws to summon what I can to become better than what I was.

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 04:01:30 AM »
my snake peanut is so adorable, he thinks he is ninja sneaky.

for one, he has a dark corner..a huge hollowed log...and his choice of a place to hide is in between the log and the glass in thr fron where ALL can see, and whenever i walk past his tank, he poofs up and breaths real fast like he is thinking
"oh my GAWRS! D: YOUCANNOTSEEEEEMEEEEE!....>>...*panics*..."

hahah, and he sneaks around alot when he is bored. and if you walk by, he will freeze and act like you cant see him. then if you stay still he will start movin again

Shadow hide you..

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 09:30:48 AM »

for one, he has a dark corner..a huge hollowed log...and his choice of a place to hide is in between the log and the glass in thr fron where ALL can see, and whenever i walk past his tank, he poofs up and breaths real fast like he is thinking

hahah, and he sneaks around alot when he is bored. and if you walk by, he will freeze and act like you cant see him. then if you stay still he will start movin again
Awww... I always wanted a snake. But everybody in my family is yellow bellied and I was afraid my cats might try to eat it or the other way around. >.>
What type of snake is it?

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 06:18:52 PM »

Awww... I always wanted a snake. But everybody in my family is yellow bellied and I was afraid my cats might try to eat it or the other way around. >.>
What type of snake is it?

he is a ballpython. he is 3 years old now :3

Shadow hide you..

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 06:41:07 PM »

Woah... I wish I could see that, he must be very pretty...How long is he? I heard they can grow up to 5ft. Best be careful he doesn't get loose, big snakes are awesome pets but can be real bastards when they jail break. Do you feed him rats or mice?

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 02:56:13 AM »

Woah... I wish I could see that, he must be very pretty...How long is he? I heard they can grow up to 5ft. Best be careful he doesn't get loose, big snakes are awesome pets but can be real bastards when they jail break. Do you feed him rats or mice?

he is 2 foot 8 inches...and yes, this type of python can get up to 5-8 feet long. hehe..he already did the jail break thing, lost him for 2 weeks when he came crawlin back ta mommy thirsty cold and hungry
XD
then he tried to escape the very next day..silly lil thing X3

Shadow hide you..

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 05:53:20 AM »
he is 2 foot 8 inches...and yes, this type of python can get up to 5-8 feet long. hehe..he already did the jail break thing, lost him for 2 weeks when he came crawlin back ta mommy thirsty cold and hungry
XD
Lol, I'd have a heart attack if that happened to me with a snake especially with all the cats running around. I lost my cat Chamberlain for 2 months cuz the dumb nurse maid for my grandma let him run out the front door without looking as to what she was doing. I was worried sick, and there was a snow storm and every form of bad weather while he was out. Bum came back all skinny and beaten up, I was so happy just to see him alive and well.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:56:12 AM by Drago Strega »

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 04:12:45 AM »
XD
Lol, I'd have a heart attack if that happened to me with a snake especially with all the cats running around. I lost my cat Chamberlain for 2 months cuz the dumb nurse maid for my grandma let him run out the front door without looking as to what she was doing. I was worried sick, and there was a snow storm and every form of bad weather while he was out. Bum came back all skinny and beaten up, I was so happy just to see him alive and well.

oh noes!
D: thats awful! glad he came home though

Shadow hide you..

Offline Drago Strega

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 04:53:24 AM »
oh noes!
D: thats awful! glad he came home though
Yah... He also changed a bit personality wise, for a couple months afterwards he was bit scary, but it was him...just angrier, he even hissed at my mom which he never did before or to anybody for that matter. He even tried to scratch me which he never did before. But now he's back to his old self, but for those few months I was really worried about him... I really thought for a moment that I truely lost my cat. And I raised him as a kitten and spent weeks sleeping on the floor in my bathroom with him so he wouldn't feel lonely. He came from my backyard from the same litter as Kiki. He was so scared when I pick him up from outside, he was all spit and puffed up fur for days hiding behind the toilet. But when he calmed down he'd sleep next to me while I'd watch Fruit Basket on my mini dvd player. At least he's back and safe and more importantly himself again.