The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What Religion do follow?  (Read 5858 times)

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 100 Poster
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
Re: What Religion do follow?
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2011, 05:17:50 AM »
Though evolution is pretty much proven..
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2011, 05:19:32 AM »
no its not ... iam a monkey .. and theres no missing link becuse there is none
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline wastelander16

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: RedOrange, White, and Black
  • Height: 6ft 10in
  • Build: Slim but stronger than he looks
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 05:28:19 AM »
we ( well humans ) didn't come from monkeys it's more like a mix between a modern ape and modern human and thrue evolution some became aps and monkeys wile the rest became the diferint versions of human. *wipes sweat from forehead* but that doesn't mean what anyone else thinks is wrong because no one alive today was there during the early days of man.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2011, 05:30:02 AM »
I go my own way, believing what I wish :P
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline icy wolf

• the lone wolf
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf dog
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 5.11 ft
  • Weight: 165 pounds
  • Build: medium
  • Currently: beeing playfull
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2011, 05:25:34 PM »
we ( well humans ) didn't come from monkeys it's more like a mix between a modern ape and modern human and thrue evolution some became aps and monkeys wile the rest became the diferint versions of human. *wipes sweat from forehead* but that doesn't mean what anyone else thinks is wrong because no one alive today was there during the early days of man.

i know but iam strongly ageist evolution... on a genetic level where more related to the pet dog's and pig's then where are to apes 

@ White Wolf Guardian

sort of like me then , i have a mix of beliefs ... i dont see why people say there "only one true religion" 
shadow hide you   

my fall will be for you, my love will be for you, if you are the one to cut me so i will bleed for ever

[/size]

FCX[wolf dog=]m3acdrsw A C++ D++++ H+++ M? P++ R T++ W Z Sm RLS a cn+ e+ f++ h* i+~+ j+ p sm+

^ furry code

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2011, 06:51:46 PM »
well I am a Wiccan/Mysticist whichever you choose to call it. I believe in the mystic energy in all things, and the potential for all things to "become" 'gods.' I also believe that all religions are basically following the same god, even atheists in that they are following a god in a non-believing manner. I practice tarot cards and also practice magical rituals every so often.

I almost don't want to admit it, but I am proud and therefore need to...I am also a bit of a Satanist. I do not worship Satan or any other horrible 'bad' figure but I do worship the darkness and make sure that blood payment is given whenever possible. This is a MINOR part of my religion in that it (practice) doesn't happen that often.

I know I wasn't supposed to go into detail and fyi I respect all religions and do not promote my own, that is a part of being a mystic, but I felt describing it was better than just saying 'oh hey watch out I'm a Wiccan Satanist.' that could lead to a few frightened people.
x

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 07:37:07 PM »
*Applauds Sasha* I didn't think there was another person of similar beliefs here :P
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Valdyr

• Avid Aardvark
  • FurNation Administrator
    • DeviantArt
    • FurNation.com
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Coloring: White fur, gold eyes.
  • Build: Trim
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 07:52:14 PM »
Agnostic Atheist here.

ya cant be both agnostic and athiest..

athiest is a COMPLETE disbeliefe for god, the afterlife and anything spiritual. that conflicts with being an agnostic
>>;

One can be both agnostic and atheist.  The idea you can't is a common misconception.  Agnosticism is a manner in which beliefs are held, which is a negative form of the word gnosticism.  Gnosticism was and is a philosophical component of certain Christian theologies, whereby one can know with certitude the existence of god, and this spiritual certainty is considered by gnostics to be a key component of spirituality.

By contrast, agnosticism is the absence of gnosticism - that is, it is a lack of spiritual certainty - a manner in which a given belief is held, which logically, due to the problem of induction, must be the default stance on any proposition until the proposition is verified by evidence.  Both theists (believers in a deity) and atheists can be agnostics, because both can hold their respective beliefs ("there exists a deity" and "there does not exist a deity") in the same manner - one of rational recognition of the limitations of knowledge without evidence.

In fact, one cannot be "just" an agnostic when describing matters of religion and spirituality, as it denotes a disposition towards spiritual knowledge. 

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »
@White: You're similar to a Wiccan Satanist? 0_o never would've guessed that you of all people would be similar to me. XP
x

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 08:37:19 PM »
I'm a Christian but I also believe in evolution even though my mother and brother don't.

Are you guys kidding me!!

I said none of this; and you guys couldn't have enough respect to at least do it via pm and out of the thread.

Read the rules stated about the set topic before posting next time!
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2011, 08:52:59 PM »
I think you're the one that needs to show a little respect. Telling people about what you believe is NOT the same as shoving in their face or telling them that what you believe is correct. All it is is sharing information. No-one here is arguing and no-one here is boasting or getting upset.

Why did you make this thread about religion...if you don't want to hear people talk about their beliefs? Maybe some people don't feel comforable having conversations about religion with strangers over PM.....especially if it's just to describe what you believe!

No-one here is debating or arguing. All we are doing is sharing, which I thought was the point of this thread. If people started debating or getting upset, I would understand your anger, Sain, but they're not!

Show a little respect for everyone's right to speech, Sain.
x

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2011, 09:01:32 PM »
Sain is just being responsible and trying to make sure no one starts arguing, that's no reason to be upset with him.

You should allow people to express the details of what they believe though, Sain. As long as no one starts fighting and talks about this stuff reasonably, there's no issue. Unlike me, some people can't just say "I'm _____" and leave it at that because others won't necessarily understand what they mean otherwise.

As long as everyone respects everyone else this thread should be okay, simple as that.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2011, 09:13:15 PM »
I'm sorry, I should not have gotten angry with him it's just that I see so much right to free speech being taken away lately that I get angry on impulse seeing things like this thread. Sorry. D:
x

Offline wastelander16

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Coloring: RedOrange, White, and Black
  • Height: 6ft 10in
  • Build: Slim but stronger than he looks
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 09:36:47 PM »
I didn't mean to start such a big problem, all I wanted to do was say that I'm a christian but don't follow it straight by the book. and everyone has a right to follow there own beliefs. thanks fore sticking up fore me sasha :)

Offline Seko

• Boisterous Bear
  • (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Panda
  • Coloring: Blue eyes, default red panda colours
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 70kg
  • Build: Average with massive hands
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 09:39:07 PM »