The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Why Do we do this?  (Read 3105 times)

Offline Eli

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black, White
  • Height: 6feet 2inches
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: athletic
Re: Why Do we do this?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 03:14:23 AM »
I got to know about Furries b/c of my Mate (she was a furry long before i was and introduced me to it). i became a furry in the beginning to share the experience and be supportive but then i realized that i really enjoyed it and it fulfilled apart of me that i had been neglecting for the better part of my life.

I'm not well ... social if you will. i'm only on this site once again b/c of my mate and so i can't honestly say i know much about the Fur Community.

My Fursona is me... only a wolf. but everything is the same, quite, shy, loyal, and over protective. he and i are the same person just in separate bodies if you will.

Offline Lizzy

• Dancing Dragon
  • Hopefully it's Temporary
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard / Rodent
  • Coloring: White and Black
  • Height: 4feet 3inches
  • Weight: 82lb
  • Build: Thin
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 03:16:40 AM »
I got to know about Furries b/c of my Mate (she was a furry long before i was and introduced me to it). i became a furry in the beginning to share the experience and be supportive but then i realized that i really enjoyed it and it fulfilled apart of me that i had been neglecting for the better part of my life.

I'm not well ... social if you will. i'm only on this site once again b/c of my mate and so i can't honestly say i know much about the Fur Community.

My Fursona is me... only a wolf. but everything is the same, quite, shy, loyal, and over protective. he and i are the same person just in separate bodies if you will.

hug Bug!!! you are too cute! but if you want to be in my paper you could have just said so at dinner. <3

Offline Lizzy

• Dancing Dragon
  • Hopefully it's Temporary
    • Awards
  • Species: Leopard / Rodent
  • Coloring: White and Black
  • Height: 4feet 3inches
  • Weight: 82lb
  • Build: Thin
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 04:32:57 PM »
Thanks everybody that helped with this!!!

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 05:23:07 AM »
I don't know if this is still open but in my personal experience, the fandom has been a great way of meeting great people with similer intrests to mine, it was also the one thing that convinced me that I liked drawing since I love the art style.
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline Kaprika

• tottaly boss artist
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • ಠ_ಠ......*stares*
    • DeviantArt
    • Deviantart
    • Awards
  • Species: wolf/snow leopard
  • Coloring: light blue, white and black
  • Height: 7 foot 5 inches
  • Weight: thin
  • Build: medium light
  • Currently: eh
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 04:10:15 PM »
I'm a creative writing major and I'm writing my thesis in nonfiction and i was hoping to write it on the nature of being a furry! (i need this 80 page thesis to graduate  XD)

Without bogging any of you down with writing buzz words my work is a multifaceted work containing many stories which create a social commentary about the nature of furies. Now obviously only my story wont just do it i need help so i was hoping that some of you will help me by allowing me to write about your stories as part if my thesis. I'm mostly looking for things like why you became a furry, what are your feelings about the community, and you're relationship with your Fursona. 

Thanks to all of you. Keep on Rocking.
Lizzy

well...me becoming a furry wasnt a instant thing, it was a gradual process.
it began when i was in highschool, i wasnt popular at all; in fact i was bullied, teased, beaten, hunted and generaly miserable in school..from elementary till the day i graduated.
i drew ALOT, and often while in class (though i wasnt supposed to >>)
i had a OC Neko character i drew named Catrina..she was brave, sassy, all the guys wanted her and she was powerful. NOBODY talked down to her, and she became my persona.

i wanted so bad to be like her...so on i drew.
but i felt like with my persona something was missing, i wanted to relate to her more than just that..so i started making her less neko and more furry. and i found i liked it.
and to be more like her id dress furry, i felt furry i THOUGHT furry. i still was treated like crap at school but i still felt like i had this..awesome thing that nobody could spoil for me.
so i seeked out others like me online. turns out the furry community is HUGE. just not alot of people advertise it in public places like school.
being a furry i feel i connect with myself better, that i can be apart of some greater community.

i love the furry community because its so close knit. and there so much more welcoming than regular people. more open minded, more accepting.
i dont feel the anxiety i did in school. i feel like i belong. that i can be my strange self and everyone will love me for it.

my relationship wth my fursona is a complex thing.
essentialy, she is what i see i could be.and what i am
thinner, rouge, lotsa peircings. no nonsense kida gal.
i relate to her in heart, she is me and i am her. i feel she is what i truely should be, and she gives me somthing to strive for.
me, myself am a insecure and withdrawn person..but she is not, so she sort of...motivates me to push myself to be more than what i am.

<-------this ish me :3  

Shadow hide you..

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 12:25:15 AM »
I don't believe Lizzy needs any more input for her thesis, so this thread is no longer necessary.

Locked.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.