The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: LURID - Asylum Decadence  (Read 13323 times)

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
LURID - Asylum Decadence
« on: January 27, 2011, 06:46:16 PM »
Visit OOC before posting. This first post is the only time I will godmod your characters and say where they are and what they're doing. I just want everyone to start in pretty much the same room so that interaction can start right away. Remember, it is important that you read through everyone's post made here thouroughly so you know what's going on.

It was a fine Saturday afternoon...Outside the Asylum, the soft murmur of noise could be heard, the rhythm of cosmopolitan New Yorker life carried in the breeze. The Asylum itself was a sturdy thing, white bricks, four stories high, of modern Gothic make --- curved lines and bright black trim. It was situated almost innocently on the edge of the city, between a subway station and a suburban district. Anyone would have to wonder how such an unassuming building could possibly house and contain such dangerous....patients.

At the moment, all but one of the patients of this quaint Asylum were inside, situated in the 'day room,' a place to relax, mingle, eat and discuss. A TV in one corner of the room was playing some family friendly programming while across the room, up and over a sea of soft carpet, bean bag chairs and books was the kitchen, an afternoon snack of sliced apples and cubed cheese prepared on the dining table. The staff always made sure patients ate healthy, though they sometimes slipped and allowed junk food on campus.

The one missing patient would have been with the others in that room but she was....incapacitated. Katie Sprigg, a lass of 19, was serving out her punishment in one of the Asylum's 'quiet rooms.' An hour earlier, when everyone was outside in the back yard for recreation, she had tried to hop the fence and escape. The team of nurses on hand had brought her down just in time, but nonetheless Katie put up such a fight with her biting and scratching and growling that a second team of doctors had to be radioed in just to drag her back inside and administer sedatives --- the auburn-haired grey chinchilla was, indeed, every bit as strong as her muscular body implied!

And now there Katie was, velcroed up in a straight jacket, tipped over in the corner of the padded quiet room, all alone as she slowly came off her sedative. A security camera watched her every potentially dangerous move. Soon enough, one of the main care doctors would come and prod her to apologize for being so reckless. She couldn't care less. This wasn't the first time she had tried to escape. She knew the routine from here. Cakewalk.

Sasha Lachance, on the other hand, was not such a dangerous patient. A brown striped, glasses-wearing lemur of 17, she was often considered to be the silly one. She was well-behaved, and therefore was currently enjoying her afternoon in the day room with the others --- gnawing on a handful of apples and cheese whilst hanging by her tail from an exercise bar that was set up in a doorway. She watched the other patients mill about with interest.
x

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • black and white isn't to bad
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Foat (Bat/Fox)
  • Coloring: purpule
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 112
  • Build: thin some tone
  • Currently: Done with everything
Re: LURID - Asylum Decadence
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 08:10:52 PM »
"No no, I wanted the granny smith apple." Izzy said, his long red hair dangling all about, he looked at the cafeteria women with his seductive eyes.
  "Oh Izzy, you know I can't say no to you, and you know I can't take it back after a patient touched it. Just take both and keep it on the hush." The lunch lady said, waving her hand for him to skit off.
  "Thanks miss" he said, flashing his white teeth as he pocketed the apple. As he tunred to walk away, a brown doll with needled for limbs climbed out of his pocket and on top of his head. The doll stood about a foot if it were on two feet, but blended quite well in his tangle mess of a hair when on four. "...no I didn't , I don't use people... no I just  beat the system" he said laughing. He went over to the far corner, and sat at a small table, he put his lunch tray down. The doll jumped off his head and looked at the food. "Be careful, I remember when. You tried to fight my orange juice." He snickerd, as the doll gave a death stair with its one eye.  
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 09:32:43 PM by Self-sain »
if you ever want to see Lil Johny again...
YOU WILL LOOK D:<

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • OVER 9000 HOURS IN PAINT.NET
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: polar bear
  • Coloring: white
  • Height: 6'8"
  • Weight: 220lbs
  • Build: muscular, chubby
  • Currently: Grammar Nazi
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 09:28:58 PM »
"Why are there always re-runs?" Daemon thinks out loud.
"What do you mean?" Asks one of the nurses. Her name is Niria, the only nurse who doesn't look at Daemon, let alone anyone in the Asylum like a piece of filth.
"There is always the program. Why dont they change it up a little?" Indicating the T.V. suspended a foot from his face.
"Well, thats against the rules, hon." Niria responds, but shows the look that she gives Daemon when she want to say more but cant.
"You know I dont like to use it. Its... unnatural. Its what makes me a freak. A freaking otter freak." Daemon stalks off into line, grabs a watermelon slice, and huddles by himself in the corner.
"Oh dear..." whispers Niria.

Offline Villain

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Magpie/humanoid mix
  • Coloring: Black and White
  • Height: 5''3'
  • Build: Slender
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 09:57:21 PM »
   Villain sat one one of the chairs facing the outside gardens. She could hear distant cars and a warm breeze running over the green grass. The light shone on her, and in her eyes, but she didn't blink or move an inch. No one really came to talk to her, and she thought it was probably the best way. Lifting food from the other side of the room with her mind, she made it float up to a few centimetres to her left, allowing one thing at a time to go into her mouth. She still found it odd eating.

'Why don't you go and play with the others?' One of the nurses suddenly cooed encouragingly to her from behind, 'You haven't made any friends yet--' Villain snapped a full apple clean in half in mid air and turned to glare at the fur ruining her peace. ....no.... she mouthed, before turning and enjoying the sun shining in her eyes again.

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 10:06:18 PM »
Daemon sat in the corner, gazing at all the other furs. The normal furs. Why am I the only one like this? Why? He closes his eyes and welcome the darkness that comes. He tries to remember his parents, his family, for he hundredth time. All he can get is a dull shadow. He opens his eyes and makes a decision. "I will not be alone!" He shouts. The normal furs, no, the other furs stare at him like hes, well, mental. He walks outside, and gazes into the red fiery ball in the sky. The breeze lifts his tail a bit. He forgot how good it felt outside.

Offline Moofinz

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Species: Kitty =^.^=
  • Height: 5'1
  • Weight: 115
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 10:44:17 PM »
"Now just stay here with everyone else." The nurse softly let go of Cerise's shoulder and stood behind her, waiting for her to walk away. Cerise slowly went to the food stand, her right hand over her left arm. They just finished giving her the usual injections and medications, 'Such a joy...' she sarcastically thought. Once she got her food, Cerise went and quietly sat down next to the fur with long red hair. "Stop it! The doctor told me no one's out to kill me!" She whispered to herself. "But he promised...!"

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 10:50:52 PM »
Izzy looked at his doll who then looked at the new female, "No dont!" he yelled but it was inevitable. The doll ran over to the female and ran up her arm, it sat on her shoulder looking at her. "dang... oh well. Hi there I'm Izzy and thats.... I'm not sure.. I never gave you a name.. ummm.. I don't know... ok I'll ask. Excuse me your of the female gender and all, do you know any good doll names?"

Offline Villain

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Magpie/humanoid mix
  • Coloring: Black and White
  • Height: 5''3'
  • Build: Slender
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 10:59:59 PM »
Villain saw the little doll and her eyes widened, slithering behind one of the curtains she watched in fascination at the little thing, and kind of wished that she had one...

...She had a doll once, and it was her only happiness.

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 11:03:21 PM »
Daemon walks back in, feeling somewhat accomplished. He had made a friend. He looked back at the bird in the tree, with a new respect for its intelligence. "Birds really are fascinating creatures..." he says. He walks back inside and sidles into a chair behind the young girl whispering to herself and the man with red hair.

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 02:02:35 AM »
Entaru ate his meal quietly in the day room.  He had spent most of the day crying because a spider wouldn't leave him alone, and had finally come out to eat.  His skin was crawling, but it always did that.  When it began to actually squirm and wiggle is when he had trouble.  He had finished his cheese (it was his favorite) and had begun to work his way through his bread when he saw the same spider staring up at him from it.  He moaned quietly and stared at it mournfully.

"Why won't you go away....just leave me alone."  Entaru poked the bread underneath the spider, making it lose its footing for a moment.  The spider only stared up at him and shivered, as if it understood but wanted to stay.  Luckily for Entaru, he was in one of his more reasonable moods.  "Fine...if you wont go away, can you at least get your fuzzy little butt off my toast?"  The spider shivered again and hopped off the bread and onto the tray.  Entaru was a bit taken back by the spiders immediate reaction.  In all of his years he never actually thought of telling the bugs what to do.  

He had to check though, just to be sure.  "Jump onto my milk carton and tap your front right legs 5 times." Sure enough, the spider did as it was told, albeit on the wrong legs. "Your right, not mine..." The spider shivered and tapped again, this time with the right legs.  Entaru chuckled in elation as he watched the spider, for the first time with a smile on his face.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 02:54:47 AM »
"I hate apples. And cheese."
"I love apples and cheese! Thank you ma'am."

Macid took his apple slice and cheese cube to one of the tables. He wasn't sure if it was empty or not, he wasn't really paying attention. Taking a bite of his slice, Dicam chimed in again."Horrible abomination of a food. I should freeze all of them." Dicam started to slowly turn the remaining apple slice into an ice cube, but suddenly stopped as Macid took over. It was halfway frozen now. He gently put it down and popped the cheese cube in his mouth. "What delicious snacks we have."

Offline Daemon

• Handsome Horse
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »
Daemon looked at the couple behind him, wondering if he should talk to them. But what if they dont want to? What if they'll try to hurt me? Daemon pushed those thoughts away. IT was either that, or lose the last vestiges of his sanity.
"Hi! My names Daemon, what are yours?" he asks the red head and the girl.

Offline Self-sain

• The Unlikely Love
  • Prancing Pony
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 03:26:24 PM »
"Who" Izzy said looking around. "Hey don't call me stupid.... well how was I supose to know… idk there are people with abilites maybe one of them were in the wall… ugg s.t.f..u" Izzy sat back down and looked at daemon "Hi I'm Izzy" he said, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 03:40:19 PM »
After finishing his cheese and disposing of his apple slice, Macid walked back to his table. Dicam sat down and looked around at all the others. "Rotten ingrates. All of them. They don't deserve the amount of treatment that I do." The table begun to get colder as Dicam thought about how much he hated them. Macid pulled his hands back, stopping the process. "You can't do that to the furniture Dicam. They'll put us in the quiet room again." Dicam scoffed at Macid's fear of that room. "I'll just freeze my way out. They can't stop me." "They can stop the others. They can stop us." Macid pulled his hands closer and begun to slowly rock himself.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 04:20:46 PM »
Sasha found herself intrigued by the lonely Macid, and, feeling quite lonely herself, she uncurled her tail and got down from the bar. With a bright hop, skip and a jump she joined Macid at the table. "Hi there, Macid. It's been awhile," she said. She had picked up his name by listening to the nurses, but she really couldn't remember whether they had met before. Grinning, she pushed her glasses up on her nose and continued, "Did you hear? Did you hear? That Katie chick is going to be in the quiet room the whole rest of the day before they send a doctor in to talk to her. She's in it deep." The lemur's eyes got big; she didn't mean to gossip but boredom can drive people in strange ways.
x