The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Pit  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Fletcher

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • COFFEE! ART! COFFEE ART! That is all.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey fur, black hair, black streaks around left arm.
  • Height: Anthro: 6' Feral: 3'
  • Weight: 135
  • Build: Anthro: Weaker upper body with strong legs. Feral: Built to run.
  • Currently: Planning my life. I'm really not great at it.
The Pit
« on: December 07, 2010, 03:35:10 AM »
The sun blazed down into the crater. The newcomers were waking, they would not remember how they got there, they would not know how to get out right away. The beast watched the creatures begin to stir. "I wish they would quit falling in there." Grumbled the beast. "It would be so much easier if they just fell in here. Or better yet if the door just opened and let me go get them. But why must they always take so long to get to me? I eat them all anyway..." The beasts grumbling quieted and he continued to watch...

Kiff rolled to his feet, his head throbbing with pain. Well thats the last time I use my head to cushion my fall. grumbled the wolf to himself as he stood and shook the sand out of his fur. He was in a room, the ceiling had collapsed and sand had poured in through the door. Luckily the roof formed enough of a ramp to allow Kiff to climb out of the building.

From the top of the building he could see the entire city. There wasn't much to see though really. It was in a crater, the walls presented a shear three-hundred foot climb. Most of the city was covered by sand, the rest was weathered gray rock that had been scorched by the heat of the sun. In the center was a tall spire that was almost as tall as the crater wall.

Well, I guess I know where I'm headed. Thought the wolf as he trotted toward the spire. I wonder if there's anything to eat...
  • Avatar by: Me! Wait... Where did it go?
My insanity is one of the few things that keeps me sane.

Why........ yes..... I do use to many periods.............

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • I'm not a bad man.....I just do things bad men do.
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: Black with red patterning
  • Height: 10 foot
  • Currently: silently watching
Re: The Pit
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 10:12:35 AM »
serpington sat up in pain realising he had hit and damaged part of an old wall on his way down <what now, why does everything have to be so difficult?> he thought climbing up the broken wall and noticing a wolf walking nearby. <well might as well try it, it'll ether be food or friend in a minute.>
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 04:20:51 PM »
Macid awoke to find himself in a church graveyard, covered in sand. Lovely, just what I need, sand everywhere. Getting up, he noticed that his morning star and shield were missing. Never going anywhere without them, he begun to search for them, and found them lying nearby. Examining his surroundings, he noted that the church was in very poor shape, along with the rest of the buildings. Sand covered everything, and there is a giant wall around the entire area. Bewildered, Macid looked around for any sort of landmark to help him find out where he was. He saw in the middle of the town, a giant spire, reaching almost as high as the walls around him. Better place then nothing, I guess. As he began to walk towards the spire, he noticed his footsteps made very little sound in the sand. If there were enemies here, they'd be hard to hear coming, so Macid readied his senses for any surprise attacks.

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Domestic short haired cat
  • Coloring: snow white fur, slightly wavy white hair, emerald green eyes
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 125 Lb
  • Build: athletic, slender, agile
  • Currently: Attending college like a boss
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 06:37:11 PM »
Ariya woke up somewhere in the middle of crater. sitting up slowly she looked around, she may be blind, but with heart sight she could see differently, the colors more vibrant and defined detail. she looked out onto the remains...she touched the remains of a stone wall with strange script. she studied, the script, her long, elegant fingers traced the script. "how odd..." she told her self. she heard a whinny, she looked up, her faithful steed, a Silver land Dragon (with out wings), desprately trying to get down to her "Go Nalla! I'll be fine, go home and get the others!" she went far on her week trip, but Nalla wouldn't listen, she stepped down, letting out a startled screech as she tumbled down to the bottom of the crater. with her powerful legs she jumped and landed next to Ariya. Nalla sighed in happily that her mistress was safe. the elegant, horse sized cat like beast stayed close to Ariya, smelling the air...then letting out a nasty snarl.

((Since Ariya is blind with only knife skills, she has a pet land dragon, she breaths fire, but she can't fly))

I am not making any more RP's. I may join one but right now, I have no patients to create RP's anymore.

Offline Fletcher

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 05:53:05 AM »
Kiff's ear twitched back as he passed near a low wall. What could that have been? He wondered. Are there others here? He listened closely, trying to determine who or what was stalking him without letting on that he knew he was being followed.

Unable to figure out much by listening, Kiff decided to try another approach. There was an arched doorway ahead, he made his way to it and darted off to the side just as he entered its shadow. He them drew on the light coming in and shaped it quickly into the likeness of a wolf. His work was sloppy to say the least but it could possibly fool his pursuer long enough to allow him to even things up a little.

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 06:02:06 AM »
"Nalla, quite" Ariya said quietly. Nalla lowered her head, in crouched position. Ariya continued to study the script, trying to memorize the feeling and the smooth strokes. she heard something, her ears flicked as she studied "Hello?" she looked around aimlessly. "who's there?"

I am not making any more RP's. I may join one but right now, I have no patients to create RP's anymore.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 06:22:31 AM »
Macid rounded the corner carefully to inspect the greeting. He saw a land dragon, and what looked like a monk a couple meters away. The dragon eyed Macid as it lowered into a pouncing position. Dragons were nothing new to him, but they were still a force to be reckoned with. Without lowering his shield, he talked to the monk. "I am with the royal guard. I am here to help you. If that dragon is your's monk, please call it off."

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 06:27:33 AM »
Ariya turned around, her silver grey eyes fixed upon him. she lowered her hood. revealing her ears. "Nalla, he is a friend" Nalla backed off. Ariya reached out and touched his face, one of the only ways to get a good picture of the newcomer "you have been through so much.."

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 11:58:04 AM »
a thin black arrow of pure energy flew through the arch, hitting the illusion through the skull. <that was to easy. way t easy> serpington thought holding a large black energy bow, still aimed at the body.
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”
"If ever you should need my life, come and take it. If I die, I forgive you, if I recover, we shall see."

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 05:03:19 PM »
Macid was used to people touching him. When he really was part of the guard, people would often grab him to get his attention for help. He thought he would keep up the charade of still being part of the guard, for now. "My name is Macid, Royal Guardian of his majesty. May I ask what your name is?"

Offline Fletcher

• Avid Aardvark
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 10:27:39 AM »
Wow... Was the first thought that ran through the wolfs mind as he stared at the now dissolving lump that had been his illusion. Better put my little friend back together though so my pursuer doesn't get suspicious. He formed the light back into the wolf and forced it to stand up and start back the way it had come. I didn't see where that shot came from but lets see if we cant get a better view... He moved along the wall so he could keep his illusion in site but stay out of view of his attacker.

Offline serpington

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 02:04:30 PM »
<that think shouldn't be alive> he quickly moved around to a better spot and drew another arrow. he smelt something odd, the creatcher was in front of him, but its scent was from near the archway. he bent down in the dirt and wrote "what are you? why am i here? what do you want?" then after that in small writing "i can still see you." he fired the second arrow at the wall of the arch before running back to a more hidden spot over looking his note.

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 04:24:16 PM »
"My name is Ariya RavenMoon... High Priestess to the temple of the Moon" she gently reached out and stroked Nalla's neck. "this is Nalla" she then gave Macid an eyebrow "what is a Royal Guard doing pout here?"

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 04:30:06 PM »
"That's what I'd like to know. The last thing I remember is waking up here." Macid looked around as he saw a giant spire protruding from what seemed like the middle of the area. "Do you see that spire? I think we should head towards it. There might be some kind of clue to where we are there."

Offline Grace.E

• Butterfly Whisperer
  • Xceptional Xenops
  • *Studies*
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2010, 04:35:22 PM »
Nalla almost sounded like she was grumbling about something,but Ariya walked towards it with out assistance. Nalla at her heels.