The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Positive ranting!  (Read 105267 times)

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
  • Species: Lucario
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: 3'11"
  • Currently: On Cloud 9 with a Shadow Fox
Re: Positive stuff
« Reply #2325 on: March 26, 2017, 02:29:19 AM »
Just don't suppress your emotions too much or it can have the opposite effect.  But I am happy that you feel more thoughtful and less angry.

Anyway, I took this week off of work.  I knew I was burnt out but I didn't realize how bad.  For the longest time I felt like I was going forward through cobwebs and fog.  But after this week, I feel my head is clear and I have new focus and new vision.

I realized a lot of the things I was doing.  I was begging for attention and begging for people to be my friend just to listen to me.  But doing that leads to the sort of people that will use you for their own means.

I was also putting too much energy into my job that is going nowhere and I don't need to waste all my energy at a company like that.  I want to focus more on what I want and not what people think I want. 

I feel much more like myself and who I want to be.

I also joined this site and that is also great.  ^_^
  • Signature art by: Lucario by Me -- Flags by Bricket

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Alien God
  • Coloring: Has long, spiky black hair, 6 eyes arranged in a triangle on his face, has white skin, he also has multiple red, crack markings all over his body.
  • Height: 7'0
  • Weight: 400 lbs
  • Build: Tall and muscular, wide and bulky frame with large shoulders.
  • Currently: Loading, please wait.............
« Reply #2326 on: March 26, 2017, 02:48:22 AM »
That's great! I.hope your doing OK with your job, even though I'm a teen and don't have a job yet, I can kind of understand how stressful they are.
"I am a God,  I have destroyed planets, solar systems, even galaxies, my immense power grows from my will to protect those who need protecting, my name is Lord Isscarus, and this is my faithful wife, Axamia, nice to meet you.

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Top 100 Poster
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
« Reply #2327 on: March 26, 2017, 02:59:50 AM »
Yeah, the job is boring.  But it is okay.  It pays me pretty well but there aren't really anyway to get ahead.  I eventually will leave, but I am only passively looking.

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #2328 on: March 26, 2017, 04:15:12 AM »
Anyway, I took this week off of work.  I knew I was burnt out but I didn't realize how bad.  For the longest time I felt like I was going forward through cobwebs and fog.  But after this week, I feel my head is clear and I have new focus and new vision.
I just took a week off work too. I mostly slept and played video games, and I did a little art. Feeling pretty refreshed.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline Albie

• Prancing Pony
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My Drawings
    • Awards
« Reply #2329 on: March 26, 2017, 04:27:16 AM »
That is great.  I have to take more weeks off work.  I have to remind myself of that, lol

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Has long, spiky black hair, 6 eyes arranged in a triangle on his face, has white skin, he also has multiple red, crack markings all over his body.
« Reply #2330 on: March 26, 2017, 05:45:57 AM »
I'll leave you guys alone, I'm 14 and start high school in 4 months, its gonna freaking destroy me lol
"I am a God,  I have destroyed planets, solar systems, even galaxies, my immense power grows from my will to protect those who need protecting, my name is Lord Isscarus, and this is my faithful wife, Axamia, nice to meet you.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
Re: Rants: Positive ranting!
« Reply #2331 on: March 26, 2017, 09:23:34 PM »
I left TFF and Skype for a while. Feeling so much better. Plus, college is going better, my last day with my old employer (ugh) was Thursday, and I already have a new job lined up. Now with all the time not working, I have time to get on other stuff and actually have some fun.

Offline Bricket

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Awards
« Reply #2332 on: March 26, 2017, 09:31:27 PM »
Welcome back.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2333 on: March 27, 2017, 12:11:50 AM »
First off, I'd advise you be careful about suppressing emotions. I did that for...reasons I prefer to not remember, but it caused major problems in the long run. It's great to get along with people, but you have to remember to be who you are too.
Oh, and you don't have to leave a conversation just because you are a lot younger than us, that's the beauty of the fandom, you can talk with just about anyone. Heck, even I'm able to strike up a conversation every now and then  XP I'm 19 (20 in about 2 weeks) and I have friends in the fandom from 17 to 30something. You'd be surprised how many times you'll find you have a lot in common.

My positive. Quit that job Thursday and won't have to deal with that slug coworker again. Also, moving strong on some of my other objectives with my free time

Offline Skall

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Spero Spera
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Reddish fur, hair is a darker shade, bright blue eyes.
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 115 lbs.
  • Build: Petite, flexible, but surprisingly strong.
  • Currently: Fine. Really.
« Reply #2334 on: March 27, 2017, 12:23:25 AM »
I've gained a lot of muscle mass this year, in my core and upper body, after a long touch-and-go period with my health.
I didn't notice how strong I was until I was doing some heavy lifting and moving things around onstage. I didn't break a sweat.

I'm able to complete 20 full push-ups, while a year ago I could barely do 10 girly ones.

Things are looking up emotionally as well.
We were never meant to walk over water. We were meant to immerse ourselves and recall how to move.

-- Margot Schlipp

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #2335 on: April 01, 2017, 10:25:40 PM »
I have an interview for a job Monday. Might start as early as Tuesday  :D And this time the employer has an EXCELLENT reputation among employees

Offline ZielZorix

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Kinda hard to explain
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 215 lbs.
  • Build: Not extremely muscular, but is in shape.
  • Currently: Lonely, but optimistic
« Reply #2336 on: April 02, 2017, 01:44:08 PM »
I have an interview for a job Monday. Might start as early as Tuesday  :D And this time the employer has an EXCELLENT reputation among employees
Congrats, man!  It is such a relief to find an employer that actually cares about their employees.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #2337 on: April 05, 2017, 06:29:22 PM »
I pay close attention to coincidences. Very, very close attention because they almost always seem to predict what's going to happen. I stopped by a place on the way home. I was almost at the door when I realized my phone was buzzing. It was the Marine recruiter, but my phone dropped the call as I pulled it out of my holder (usually does that). I stepped away from the door and as I was redialing him, I saw and grabbed two 4 leaf clovers. There's something called Warrior Training at his office from 4:30 to about 5:30 tomorrow, and he asked if I'd like to come! Going to do my best to make it, but those two 4 leaf clovers has me extra pumped and positive. This is going to be my first Marine event  :D

Offline Lord Isscarus

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #2338 on: April 06, 2017, 02:17:28 AM »
Middle school hasn't killed me of boredom yet.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #2339 on: April 11, 2017, 05:16:10 AM »
Finally. So many years, and they've been reversed.

Because of all I've went through and still go through, my most hated day was April 10. My birthday. Even last year, I absolutely hated it. This one was the first one in a long, long time I haven't hated. Even with everything going on, I actually did have a happy birthday  :)