The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: ralistly proprtioned fursuits  (Read 1524 times)

Offline fishtank

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: artic wolf
  • Coloring: White duh.
  • Height: 7 feet
  • Weight: 50 pounds
  • Build: slim
ralistly proprtioned fursuits
« on: November 27, 2010, 05:34:10 PM »
All the fursuits I've seen up until now have had huge heads and hands
I'm looking for ones that are more skintight and don't make you look like the pedophiles in suits at Disney world.

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
Re: ralistly proprtioned fursuits
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 12:51:07 AM »
the problem I see with that is the proportions to an actual fursona's self would be far off, but I suppose you could build one yourself, if you really tried.
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!

Offline armagre

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I R Armagare!
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: normal fox colors really at the moment
  • Height: 5' 5"
  • Weight: 125 bls
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 04:25:09 AM »
well i think the head is to blame for that mostly.
There are fursuit makers that dont give you a huge head but, they make heads as normal as they can get it but it still looks off with a normal head and a big body *cause of the suit*
why that is, is foam. Foam is used for most heads and that extra inch on your head will make it look big, not only that the padding in the persons suit like legs that look animal like or padding for muscles also make them bigger paws too to help flesh out the rest so it all matches *wouldn't it look weird with a big headed guy with normal tiny hands?*
The ones that have small heads *at lease to me there as small as they can be* are expensive because there mostly made out of some kind of plaster *cant think of the name* Plaster is thin and durable. The fur is the only thing that adds bigness to the head, really. But the rest of the suit looks puffy from the fur and the head *to me*looks odd.

People like beetlecat or beastcub can do both of these styles but cost a pretty penny
if you want to find people to can make you suits that you would like, go to "fursuit database" and look for the words that say something about people who make them. 'Fursuit makers' i think
*The web sites not working for me now* when you find it, it should be a ALL BLUE website my googles giving me something else for some reason *compy is broke*
<---- like that
i hope this helped
*is a new fur and this is all i know i may be wrong*
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 04:34:45 AM by armagre »

Offline Aoren Deringer

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • When god closes a door, I plant a breaching charge
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: African Painted Dog
  • Coloring: Black, red and white.
  • Height: Standing: short. Sitting: Slightly... taller?
  • Weight: 97.000000000000017 Kg
  • Build: Medium build, muscular.
  • Currently: Working on the sweetest sciences
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 04:38:08 AM »
Again, you could make your own  :P
There are many materials that fursuit makers dont use (as far as I've seen, anyhow).
Kevlar seems promising to me, and the suit that I am currently designing (will be finished a long way off yet, seeing as its not even halfway designed, I'm a perfectioninst by nature :/) makes use of grade 49 kevlar (2.7 cm thick), which does in fact stick close to the body if well made, and keeps the puffyness down (and the extreeme durability is an awesome plus) so if your interested in your own suit, and want to keep the size low, I suggest this. Only issue is that you have to thread in each piece of fur one by one, bit by bit  :S
  • Avatar by: Myself, during an experiment with inversion.
"Science isn't about being conservative with your cash, it's about spending as much as you can as ridiculously as you can and hoping it doesn't explode."
- Sjin

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!
-Aoren Rekner Ilon Deringer, F.D.F. Mechanised Unit Commander, Four Stars.

Life is an adventure! Sure, you'll probably spend most of it weeping uncontrollably, and on fire, but hey!