The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fursona names  (Read 4554 times)

Offline Savaaha

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Zorse
  • Coloring: light Sorrel body, darker sorrel stripes/mane/tail/hooves, White stripe down face,green eyes
  • Height: 9'6
  • Weight: 2000lbs
  • Build: Chunky/athletic
Fursona names
« on: March 31, 2007, 04:31:15 PM »
So how did you come up with your fursona name? How is it prononced and what meaning does it have?

My own,Savaaha his pronounced Saw-vey-ha.. Its from the word Svaha, It has 2 meanings.
1. American Indian-the time between seeing lightining and hearing its thunder(hope or promise)

and the 2nd I didnt know until after Id met my mate

2. East Indian-Svaha is the consort of the firegod Agni in the Hindu religion.

This fits me as my own mate is a native american raised Hare Krishna and a bit of a pyro.

Av by Vaide,Sig by Panadeqsuellivejournallart

airraiser

Re: Fursona names
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 05:30:51 PM »
Mine is from one of my favorite shows Beast Wars. The only female maxamul AirRaizor, a falcon. Though she wasn't there long. I spell it differently.
Pronouce it Air-Raiz-er or just A-R for short. It really has no meaning behind it.

Seconday character Meliony, comes from being my middle name. Again spelled differently. I pronouce it Melon-nE. It was my mom's aunt's name, so my great aunt.

Thirdly character Dragon Feathers. comes from me being lazy and couldn't think of a damn thing to name her. Pronouced just the way you see it. Dra-gon Feth-ers or feth-er for short.

Offline Adelrausch

• Avid Aardvark
    • IMVU Profile
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Dark gray
  • Height: 5'2"
  • Weight: 105 lbs.
  • Build: Slim, slightly muscled
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 01:33:32 PM »
There actually isn't much thought behind my fursona's name. xD One day in 7th grade English class, I just got bored and started to think about Furcadia and what my next (hopefully permanent for once, because I use to switch characters a LOT) fursona's name would be. I was sort of mashing words together, especially German-sounding words, and I came up with Adelrausch. It's pronounced Addle-rowsh. I guess the fact that I was starting to listen to a lot of Rammstein's songs and getting interested in the German language itself contributed to making Adelrausch. x3
"Normality is just a standard." -Adelrausch

Proud Loyal, P9 fan, Twilight Saga fan, semi-vegan, and furry. <3

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 02:12:55 PM »
I have two Fursonas that I alternate, but the one I use 99.99% of the time is my dragoness Nyx. Her name originates from greek roots. The Name means "night" and it is also the name of the primordal goddess of night in Greek Mythology. Which explains why she's a dark dragoness. x3

The second one if my fox. Her name is Riesga, which translates to 'Risk' in english from spanish.

ephemral

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 05:35:50 PM »
My fursona name is Polaris.
(pÉ™-lăr'Ä­s)  Po·lar·is http://www.answers.com/polaris&r=67  You can hear it pronounced here.

Like on the header at http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/releases/2006/02/
There's More to the North Star Than Meets the Eye
There is more than meats the eye about my fursona. ;3

My name didn't originate just from the triple star Polaris.
The band Megadeth released an album titled Rust in peace. The last song on the album is called rust in peace (Polaris).
It related to the nuclear missile made for submarines during the "cold war" era.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polaris_missile
The song was my favorite off the album and I've always found nuclear explosions interesting.
Plus it sounded cool and had a bit of an androgynous sound to it.
Through internet personality test I would later find out about my androgynous gender identity.
So that's how and why my fursona's name is Polaris.

I some times add the name Tsula to it or call myself Atsila Tsula which is Cherokee for fire fox.
I'm part Cherokee and my fursona is a red panda also known as a fire fox.

Offline FoxyMcCloud

• Im watching you O.O
  • Foxy Fox
  • Just add water!
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxtaur
  • Coloring: The usual red fox colors.
  • Height: 5'9"
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Sturdy, yet slim.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 08:22:51 PM »
Well, my fursona name is Foxy McCloud. Its a rip-off of Fox McCloud from Starfox :P When I first bought my fur sets, I had Cloud hair on and people would call me Foxy McCloud. I just decided to stick with that name!  
"i r guy who gon t33ch you less0n" ~ Master Chief - Arby 'n' The Chief

Offline Larc

• Avid Aardvark
  • Supreme Overlord of Tacos
    • Awards
  • Species: Malamute
  • Coloring: Blues, different shades and stuff.
  • Height: 5'7
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Slim, little bit of muscles.
  • Currently: Awesome as always.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 04:34:11 AM »
Originally my name came from a game called Legend of Mana (on the Ps1) of this Dragoon dood who used an axe (Using an axe is what first made me like the character) His sprite resembles that of a wolf/dragon kind of mix..soo it appealed to me and I first used the name Draggon_Warrior_Larc on the internet. Eventually, it just became my name and who I am, rather than the character from a game. So..not that interestin', but it's how I got it haha~
Multiples? on my furs?
It's more likely than you think, click [Here] for free multiple check.

Offline kiadony

• Vibrating Furby
    • My imvu page
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: White as Switch; Blue-Teal Tabby as Keyla Azis
  • Build: Athletic; very strong as Switch
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 06:34:49 PM »
Well, kiadony is just my name I use everywhere, name of my childhood character, a dog Kiadony Kalitto. And my main character is Switch, yeah came from the matrix, but she can turn into an any between-human-and-cat form, including furry. Her fur is of course white, eyes are blue, hair is white too. But in my stories, she is mostly human, so I've got an alternate fursona, Keyla Azis, a furry this time, and I'm using razi's blue tabby neko for her (here she is: http://kiadony.googlepages.com/keylaazis). She can change her colour since she's a dreamworld creature, but in fact, her fur is more teal than blue, and her hair is mostly dark purple (like on second pic).
-~Switch.

Offline cybercat

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Please check out my DA Gallery!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • http://lady-cybercat.deviantart.com
    • Awards
  • Species: Caracal
  • Coloring: Sandy
  • Height: 5'5
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 04:22:30 AM »
I've had a few 'names' I've gone by over the years.

My very first 'fursona' name was Kaffeine Kitty back when I was a member of a fanzine. But after a while I couldn't drink caffeine any more so I kinda dropped that handle. Fortunately I can now drink that wonderful mountain dew and other cabonated yumminess.

Cybercat or Lady Cybercat came about waaaayyyy back when the internet was still kinda new. Back when 'Cyber' just meant cybernetics or internet related anything. I've always liked cats and when I got my very first internet account I chose cybercat as my username. I've kept that as my login for most of my galleries online.

For IMVU I chose Lady Saturnyne because I wanted something with less of a possible stigma (and to keep the psychos and idiots at bay)  and it's also kind of an inside joke. I'm a big Nightcrawler fan and in one of the older Excalibur issues the team often went up against an interdimensional entity called  "Omniversal Majestrix Opal Luna Saturnyne" . She was pretty cool  and the word sounds pretty spiffy too.  It is also an actual word  when spelled with an I instead of a Y that isn't used too often any more .  It means "sluggish in temperament; gloomy; taciturn. 2.   suffering from lead poisoning, as a person. 3.   due to absorption of lead, as bodily disorders."

Woot.

Offline Zero3384

• Chatty Cheetah
    • http://avatars.imvu.com/Zero3384
    • Awards
  • Species: 9-tailed Kitsune/Celestrial of the species
  • Coloring: Silver with black markings on ears and legs, white tips on tails
  • Height: depends on form
  • Weight: depends on form
  • Build: muscular and slim/ built for power and agility
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 05:04:01 AM »
Hmmm....not much to say bout my fursona's name

Zero...well....just seemed to fit...no real story there
Exxzerion-began as just X...making it Zero-X...but then it seemed to be like Zerox....just didn't work, eventually I thought up some random names...like Exxer, Exin...finally coming to Exxzerion(X-zair-ree-on)

thus....

Zero Exxzerion was born

Offline Bomberkitty

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm a vibrating furby?
    • Awards
  • Species: White siberian tigress
  • Coloring: White fur with black tripe markings
  • Height: 5
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: Fairly good medium sized shape and tad muscular arms
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 11:13:34 AM »
  Hmm...well, my first fursona's name was Kanida which was a shadow werewolf.The is pronounced Ka-nee-da with a long a and e(a lot of people thought it sounded like Cananda  :umm:). The name came from my father's daughter from his side. I always love the way it looked and sound so I had to make a character with it. I use to role play with Kanida most of the time about...6 years ago. Around that time, I was thinking of another AOL sn to make and came up with Bomberkitty which I use for EVERYTHING online.  =3

The first thing I did to get Bomberkitty was put two things together that I liked. Of course, kitty was automatically added to the end. xD Then Bomberman for some reason came to mind.  omg Any Bomberman game was fun to me so then came the Bomber part which also gave me the feel that I was like a sky bomber or something and me wanted to some day go into the navy felt it was only right to keep it. So now it's forever stuck with me.  :)

Offline Soulstealer32

• Avid Aardvark
  • Fox Furry Fandom
    • My IMVU homepage
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox (vulpes vulpes)
  • Coloring: red, brown, beige, and white
  • Height: 6'1"
  • Weight: 260 lbs
  • Build: Built
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 11:22:54 AM »
My Fursona's name is Soul.  Which, came about with and without meaning.  It's basically the shortened version of my username, Soulstealer32, which is just my standard username for Online gaming.  But as my Fursona Name, I feel that Soul is not only more appropriate but a perfect fit, since it carries a couple meanings.  All of which fit me oddly.  I can go into detail for anybody that feels like striking up a conversation about it. :P  The most important of which though is that my fursona name ties to the Anthro I am inside, in my soul as it were.  Plus, I just think it sounds cool. :D

Offline shadowbunny

• Avid Aardvark
  • And on that note I take my leave...
    • Awards
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Purple & White
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 138
  • Build: Average
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 05:51:59 PM »
 arf ShadowBunny... im rabbit due to my attitude (more resembles that of a dragon lately though) and ways of acting... And everyone at my old school use to call me shadow, having that talent of 'disappearing' in a crowd and sneaking up on people that are lookin for me  :snicker:

Just that simple really... I didnt give it much thought.
I like my neutrality...
Someone help me tame the animal...
This animal that I have become!
Go ahead and try to see through me, do it if you dare! Can you see all of me? Walk into my Mystery - I am all I am!

I am a very kind and compassionate person... to the ones that can swim through the sea of hate first.
:P

Offline Tinkerbelle0032

• Hell Kistune
  • Influential Ibex
  • I love you SchizmWolf !
    • Awards
  • Species: Hell Kistune/shade/Tinmberwolf/Anbius/and Fox
  • Coloring: Black and Red...Depends on what species, She is mainly Hell Kistune though
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 95 pounds
  • Build: I say shes very strong
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 12:54:36 AM »
My name is based on the movie "Peter Pan" My friends said I had the additude of Tinkerbell, So I named my person after her. She does have some qualities of the actual Tinkerbell. I guees that's all it means.
Me and my Mate! SchizmWolf! I love you!!!
We stand United as one, All Furry's together, We can make it through.
I Always Imagine Your Gentle Touch
If Only You Knew I Felt This Much
Not Being With You I'm Falling Apart
Cuz I Don't Know How To Get To Your Heart
If You Could Only See The Luv In My Eyes
Of All Those Nights I Sat And Cried
Just Look At Me I'm Standing Here
Just Call Out My Name And I'll Be There
How Long The Wait, I Don't Know
When That Day Comes I'll Let It Show
If Only You Knew My Feelings For You
I'll Stay Hopeful You'll Feel The Same Way Too
..:::My feelings for You:::..
My heart flutters,
My hands shake,
My feelings for you
are beyond heaven's gate,
Those feelings I have for
you are pure,
This I know for sure.
Without you I am incomplete,
Because your love for me is so sweet!!

Offline Kaz

• Boisterous Bear
  • Chaos, Where Great Dreams Begin...
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 04:13:18 AM »
Hrm. I made my name up, quite frankly. xD It first started on MM (Materia Magica) With me under the name of Kanoe, the name I had wanted (Arashi) was taken. A couple years later, I found Furcadia. I became Kanorashii (Kah-no-RAH-shii) during that time. Until recently I had changed my name to Kahzuriel (Kah-zoo-Rye-ell) Then I decided HEY LET'S COMBINE THE TWO! Thus, Kazurashii was born. (Kah-zoo-RAH-shii)  :peek: But people usually just call me Kaz or Rashii. x3!
...Blood On Her Skin, Dripping With Sin...
...Do It Again, Living Dead Girl...