The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fursona names  (Read 4552 times)

Offline IcemanAUS85

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • IcemanAUS85 @ IMVU
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline/Cat
  • Coloring: White fur
  • Height: 5 foot 6 inches
  • Weight: 52Kg
  • Build: Slim line
Re: Fursona names
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 04:16:00 AM »
ok, so my name is pretty simple

Ice was always one of my nicknames in school

and i have always been a big marvel/xmen fan.

so Iceman it was, after one of the xmen.

now the AUS85 is just AUS sort for Australia and 85 the year i was born 1985

simple lol :D

but just call me Ice :P hehe

Hugz 2 All
Xo  Ice  oX
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 04:18:44 AM by IcemanAUS85 »
Humans are only Animals that train themselves not to trust there instincts !

Offline Moddex

• Avid Aardvark
    • P1-07 :: Zenith Project
    • Awards
  • Species: Zeilodian Animas (Red Fox)
  • Coloring: Typical red fox coloration
  • Height: 91.1 cm
  • Weight: 74.5 kg
  • Build: Svelt; light, yet muscle toned structure
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 07:05:16 PM »
Moddex - (Maw-Decks) It's origin is unclear to me really. The name came to me gradually. For a time, it was simply Mod (Mah'd), but was later extended. There is no known language which has this name as far as I know or have researched. My suspicions lead me to believe based my my searches though may point to a Russian name. As far as I know also, there are only two people in the world who bear this last name that can be found on the internet besides me. Since it's origins are so shrouded, I am lead to assume that ne name otherwise has no origin. I want to copyright the name, but I don't know if I can. Hmm... Anyway, if you make a search on google for my name, you'll find me all over the place..!

On a side note, I'm planning on legally changing my name to that when I become 21 or so. My full name will be Moddex James Everest. :peace:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 07:07:30 PM by Moddex »
IMVU Name: Guest_Moddex

Offline EddyWan

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter
  • Coloring: Dark brown, lighter, almost cream on front
  • Height: 6'
  • Build: Athletic
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 06:59:09 AM »
Mines is quite simple.

My Fursona's first name is 'Eddy'. This actually first came when my friends derived the nickname 'Ed', from my rl initials. This originally became Eddy. When I created my fursona, it seemed logical to use the name. I then realised that an eddy is a feature on a river, which kinda made the name even more fitting for an otter!

My Fursona's second name is 'Dobhran' (pronounced - DOH-ran). It's simply the Scots Gaelic word for otter.

Offline Rahharu

• Vibrating Furby
  • Moo.
    • Me @ IMVU...
    • Awards
  • Species: Shadow Pheonix
  • Coloring: Black, White, Red
  • Weight: Below 5 pounds
  • Build: Very thin, light
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2007, 10:32:38 AM »
I got mine from FLCL :)
Haruhara Haruko was the crazy pink-haired girl with a guitar and vespa...
Her name in short was Rahharu (rah-ha-ru)

Usualy anything about her has to do with destroying things :)

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2007, 10:09:37 PM »
Well my fursona's name came around when i was an avid gamer (and still :D am) It all started when I was playing Star Fox 64...It was the first game i got for the N64 and that is also where i got my type of animal from and the part of my name Fox  :P. Now as for the Lone part? It could have come from two places...1st one goes way back to when i was a freshman in highschool. I had no friends...because all my friends went to the other highschool in town...So I was left alone in highschool till...about grade 11. 2nd was the fact that I like video games where there is one man stealth missions...Like in the early rainbow six missions there were "Lone Wolf missions" I liked doing them fun and no other stupid teammates to mess you up :P and the 13 part in my name?? Well let's just say I have had alot of bad luck in my life :( but people also call me Shade for short (related to IMVU). I watched the Silverwing movie series and was addicted and I want to read the books now:) and Shade is sort of who I am in real life. I will put up a fight and tell other s advice and accept people (and animals) for who they are.

Offline Synyster Synthetic

• Eager Elephant
  • Cursed by the moonlight, a doomed changeling
    • MySpace fer sure.
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Wolfox
  • Coloring: Black, grey, dark grey, some white
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Build: Average
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2007, 10:16:47 PM »
My fursona's name is Synyster[Basically just pronounced as "sinister"] which I "borrowed" from Avenged Sevenfold's Synyster Gates. He's pretty much my idol, even though he is a guitarist and I'm a drummer.  :P However, she also goes by Synyster because of her thoughts. She kind of has a "secret identity" in which she does, well, sinister things. ^^;

The nicknames she goes by, Synnie or Syn, have no meaning other than they are just easier to type. x]

Offline Madi

• Vibrating Furby
  • I bite
    • Awards
  • Species: Cheetah
  • Height: 5'7
  • Build: Athletic
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 02:13:32 AM »
Wow...I guess I'm not good at this whole fursona name thing.  I started off (when I was like 13) with the very boring name Kitty just because I loved cats.  I changed to Ace later because it was a nickname I was given in real life and it didn't seem like anyone really had it.  Then I saw that there were quite a few "aces" around the internet, so I tried to come up with something I liked that was totally my own (I spent so much time combining names, using different languages, blah blah blah) and it just got too hard and frustrating so I settled with my name; Madi.  Guess it's not much of a fursona name but I haven't found a furry named Madi yet so it's working for now... =s

Offline hauteville

• Boisterous Bear
    • my bands site
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: white
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 04:12:36 PM »
mine comes from a family of norman knights who took part in a war where the saracens were invading parts of italy.
its pronounced haw-te-vill
here i am, i am hauteville.