The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: A Rant About A Past Halloween Experience  (Read 643 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: A Rant About A Past Halloween Experience
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 03:27:01 PM »
I agree on that one for sure, a lot of religion seems to add in on Halloween thinking there's some sort of hidden evil that is out to taint the innocent. Perhaps even with that mother and the girl, unfortunately it came into play with me personally back when I was trick-or-treating. My mom always had these rules about "demonic" costumes because it would be "supporting Satan" so me and my siblings weren't allowed any sort of "scary" costumes and she held these judgments against people just for participating in harmless deviant behavior like scaring people. I still think it was a severe disappointment and greatly hindered much of the excitement because as the mother with the young girl my mother would have acted in the same way even if I did enjoy it just because she wanted to force her opinion.

And that is why I have a good laugh each time Halloween falls on a Sunday (like this year). Because those who do believe that Halloween is the Devil's holiday will be even more "frantic" about it when it's on the day that they go to church, at least, that's m guess.
But originally, Halloween was a day to celebrate those who have passed away. There's nothing evil about that, in my opinion. It's just like visiting a loved ones grave but apparently some people think there's a substantial difference. *shakes head*
Anyways, there's nothing wrong with being something scary. It doesn't mean you're evil. lol.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010, 05:22:15 AM »
I personally want Halloween back to what it used to be. I am personally going as a pirate zombie, I am making it as gruesome as possible such as fractures and a broken board piercing through my stomach. I love being scared because it gets my heart racing and whats a better exercise for your heart than it racing 3x faster than what its used to.
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline Narke

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • There is no I in team, but there is an I in pie.
    • Awards
  • Species: Draccoon (Dragon/Raccoon)
  • Coloring: Various shades of Grey, with blue eyes
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 120 lbs
  • Build: Average
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 04:50:05 AM »
All I can really say about this is "lol, helicopter parenting". Sorry for any insult, but it's what helicopter parents do. ;)
ALWAYS BET ON DUKE