The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: little brother issues  (Read 522 times)

Offline Jaggs

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm now pony
    • Awards
  • Species: Uinicorn Pony
  • Coloring: Red body, Yellow mane/tail
  • Height: 5'
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: slim and muscular
little brother issues
« on: October 24, 2010, 02:50:37 AM »
Ok heres my situation, I have a little bro and the sibling relationship I have towards him is somewhat average. Being that I love and care for him and all ,but we do have disagreement squabbles. This being said one of the reasons I joined the fandom was to have a place/world where I could exist and not have to deal with him. And every minute that goes by its getting harder to stay isolated in this happy serene bubble that the fandom has created for me 'cause of my time spent here and drawing/modeling anthros. Any ideas on how to keep him out for now??
"Sail Tough or STAY home" Back of Ship 6 t-shirt

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
Re: little brother issues
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 03:02:51 AM »
2 questions for you. How old is your brother? and how is it getting harder to stay isolated, i.e. how is he bothering you exactly?

Offline Jaggs

• Chatty Cheetah
  • I'm now pony
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 03:24:51 AM »
Well Macid, my bro he's 10(i should prob allow some leeway for this factor). How is he bothering me exactly, well just tonight I was continuing my sketch of Jaggsky and he basically asked to see what I was working on at that time. So to protect my furry ness I used an excuse to run my sketchpad up to my room and hide it. Also this is the first time i felt this.

FYi: this might be a stupid little thing I'm working myself into
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 03:28:23 AM by jaggsky »

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 03:33:17 AM »
hmm, only thing I cant hink to say is to draw while in your room, or at school (but if your worried about your bro seeing it, school probably wouldnt be a good idea anyway) If your parents get involved (hopefully not until youre ready to "come out"), I'd tell them that Im very self concious about my art and dont want anyone to see it. Hopefully your brother knows to respect peoples privacy. Oh wait I got another idea, you can draw in the bathroom! Privacy all the way. Hope I helped.

Offline Jaggs

• Chatty Cheetah
  • I'm now pony
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 03:44:57 AM »
Ya, my original intent was to draw in my room but i kinda got forced into drawing down stairs and I have told my mom about me being a furry but I'm pretty sure that we aren't seeing eye to eye on what being a furry is exactly.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 03:52:24 AM »
Youve told her that we just like anthropomorphic animals right? in any case, it looks like the bathroom is your only option for complete privacy from your brother.

Offline Jaggs

• Chatty Cheetah
  • I'm now pony
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 04:04:23 AM »
Well thats what i tried to tell her but my brain kinda started to cease as i getting to that part so i think she has the basic idea of what it is. Also i found that drawing and posting are better done at night when there all a sleep. So its not abnormal to want to keep furry ness to yourself then??

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 04:15:01 AM »
Well, it sounds more like you just want *something* to yourself, and that it doesn't really make a difference whether that "thing" is furriness or something else.

It might not be such a bad thing to have your brother find out. Having things in common can give you guys something to do together and form a better relationship. But at the same time, it's understandable that you need your own space sometimes. You shouldn't feel bad about taking some time to yourself, as long as you aren't completely trying to shut your brother out of everything.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Jaggs

• Chatty Cheetah
  • I'm now pony
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 04:31:02 AM »
Zeph the thing is that the fandom community is partly for me to not have to deal with him and his relentless pushing of my buttons because as far as interests/hobbies go a lot of them are shard (music and sailing are the big ones but there are others)

Offline Jaggs

• Chatty Cheetah
  • I'm now pony
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 01:03:22 PM »
Terra I do understand that i am a big role mottle to him.  I don't know if you have this problem with your little sister but when ever I personal space like when im in my room alone and he walks in ill usually say get out and he'll retaliate by saying give me X# of good reasons why i should. After that I generally end up repeating my self a bunch of times. Hmm food for thought mabe i should that I'm a furry and when I'm doing furry related stuffs to leave me alone.

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 05:44:21 PM »
I think I had the same problem, my little brothers wanted to do everything I did and I got angry.
Sadly when they stopped following my example they rebelled against my views pretty much and followed their friends views (Which are pretty much the opposite of mine).

But anyway, you can't really stop him, it's something that happens, maybe if you try going to friends houses more often he'll having nothing to do and pick up a hobby differing from yours.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 04:43:10 PM »
Yeah I could say the same about my little brother. I love him...but thats about the only thing keeping me from murdering him. Usually he knows better than to touch or even LOOK at my stuff...and when he does, I pound him...and he doesn't touch my stuff anymore! :D

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 02:29:31 PM »
Well, it sounds more like you just want *something* to yourself, and that it doesn't really make a difference whether that "thing" is furriness or something else.

It might not be such a bad thing to have your brother find out. Having things in common can give you guys something to do together and form a better relationship. But at the same time, it's understandable that you need your own space sometimes. You shouldn't feel bad about taking some time to yourself, as long as you aren't completely trying to shut your brother out of everything.

Bam. Perfect answer.
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode