The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I don't know what to do...  (Read 522 times)

Offline 1funn

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Irish Pygmy Goat
  • Height: 5'5"
I don't know what to do...
« on: September 23, 2010, 09:10:51 PM »
This is why I hate Facebook.

When I am sad, I want to post something so that only a few select people know what I'm talking about, but then again, a lot of people do that. Recently, I've learned that my father has quit rehab for the third time and he has begun texting and calling me, pestering me for money. Needless to say, this upsets me.

So, I post on Facebook a vague status update, "Well this explains everything. I saw it coming. Third time is the charm, right, buddy?" meaning to be angry and sarcastic towards my dad.

Back up a bit. I have a "friend" who is my ex. I've had multiple problems with him in the past, but really, if I got into those, it would make this complaint ridiculously long. He was dating a girl on and off, and just a few days ago, she broke up with him (for the second time). Keep in mind this is the second time in like...a month, if even.

So, he replies to my comment saying how I'm obnoxious and how my presence disgusts him and how I need to get over myself. I'm thoroughly confused, until I realize that he must be assuming that I'm talking about him. (Ironic because he told ME to get over myself when he clearly is the one assuming I give a crap enough about his failed relationships to post about them on facebook.) His ex even commented that she was proud of him for sticking up for himself.

Fast-forward to this morning. We go to the same Community College, so I sought him out to try to explain the misunderstanding. What does he do? He completely IGNORES me, like I'm not even there. I even explained what the post was about, and he stays silent.

This infuriated me, but I walked off and decided he wasn't worth my time.

Later in the day, I'm making a little small talk and ask, "What should I get my mom for her birthday?" he calls out from across the room, "A boyfriend!" NOW, if this were any other day, I would know this is was his way of joking with me, but what the hell does it mean now? Is this is way of being a [removed], or is he trying to be buddy-buddy again without having to exactly apologize?

Keep in mind I have been nothing but supportive of him. I buy him food all the time (he's employed, I haven't started working yet so this is a big deal!) and he claims I haven't. I help him carry his stuff all the time, and I'm always offering to listen to his problems. I have genuinely tried so hard to stay friends with him, but because of one misunderstanding he doesn't even care enough to let me speak! He's acting like a middle school student.

What do I do? I am so used to speaking to people about problems and working them out, but it seems now I can't do anything. I don't want other people to think I'm being purposely mean or vindictive towards someone...it just really hurts my feelings.  :'(  Should I ignore him? Write him a letter trying to explain myself? Confront him again?

EDIT: Oops, sorry! I was upset and didn't realize I was typing bad words. :(
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 01:37:48 AM by Vea »

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: I don't know what to do...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 10:00:28 PM »
Okay....I handle things differently than most people so I'm a little weird. Hence I'm not sure if you should listen to me, but I'd walk right up to him and ask what the bleep his problem is. If he doesn't want to talk about it keep pressing for a few days. If he spills, then great. If not or if it's a super hurtful response, then I'd just forget about his jerkish butt. Honestly to me...people are either my friend or they're not. I don't play gossip games, backstabbing games or guessing games. My buds are real and Im real with them.
x

Offline Crash the dog

• Avid Aardvark
  • Marf?
    • Crash's youtube channel
    • Awards
  • Species: Doggy!
  • Coloring: Black, grey, and white
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 10:09:39 PM »
Marf, I was going to suggest something, but I honestly think that Sasha W's response is better than mine would have been. If he's feeling any sort of guilt related to himself and his dating situation, I think breaking through and getting him to talk about it (even if it's by getting in his face) is probably a good idea. If he stays zipped up or gets even worse and acts rudely, then maybe it really would be best to just forget about him. You said you've had many problems with him in the past, and you're spending money on him as well... If he's treating you this way, is he worth it?

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 11:48:44 PM »
hes acting like a child, so treat him like one I say.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 01:42:41 AM »
Why do you need to prove anything to him? If he really doesn't matter to you, then who cares if he got the wrong idea or not?

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Takarah Luna

• Dorky Therian Chick
  • Chatty Cheetah
  • Just me... Plain and simple...
    • Awards
  • Species: plain 'ol wolf
  • Coloring: black and silver with a rainbow striped tail
  • Height: Five feet, ten inches
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: Medium to skinny-ish and tall
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 02:43:04 AM »
Why do you need to prove anything to him? If he really doesn't matter to you, then who cares if he got the wrong idea or not?
  I agree with zypher... And I am a middle school student, and I think his behavior is stupid... If you've had multiple problems with this guy... Then leave him alone... Don't pay attention to him... If you meant something to him, or vice versa, he wouldnt probably have left you, or he would have tried to save the relationship...
Proud wolf therian and furry!!!
My DA= http://pistolvaunwulf.deviantart.com/

"IMMA FIRIN MY LAZAR!!! BLAAAAAARRGH!!!"
-the lazer collection (best youtube video(s) ever!)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 04:55:40 AM »
This guy sounds like a total wank. You buy food for him while he's making his own money and carrying his **** around while he treats you like this? I say don't bother trying to be friends because he obviously doesn't want to be. If he doesn't want to hear you then don't waste your breath. You don't have to explain yourself. Sure you could just simply say, "I wasn't talking about you" before promply calling him a suitable insult and walking off but I think the best thing to do for a giant kid is to not tell him anything at all.

Offline DatFox Coleo

• Handsome Horse
  • Mordecai!
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 5 foot, 2 inches
  • Weight: 110 pounds
  • Build: Slim, Agile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 08:36:15 AM »
I can understand why she wouldn't
But it might not be my explenation.
Some people, such as myself, have a (disorder?) that when they talk, they begin to studder, which causes people to get angry. When they get angry, they will treat you worse.
A young man can be sent to a far away location, far from family to die for his country in the feild of battle at a certian age, but not be old enough to vote. - Myself

Offline 1funn

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 11:55:01 AM »

We have the same friend base, and he's the type of person to badmouth or spread rumours about someone when they're his "enemies".

Anyway, I found out there was a lot more to it recently. He's apparently aware I'm telling the truth but he "couldn't care less" because he's using this as an excuse to suddenly be a real dick to me. He's posted some nasty status updates and despite my many attempts to get him to talk about it, he simply will post an update about "Why would I talk to you? You're not worth my time." He even called me some names like a "Soulless demon who doesn't really have feelings" and other really stupid stuff. It's obvious he just wants me attention or to reply to it, but I really don't want to play "facebook fight". I just removed him and ignored it. If he ever wants to talk to me, he can confront me at school.

This however, really brought out his true colours. Sigh.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 03:19:47 PM »
We have the same friend base, and he's the type of person to badmouth or spread rumours about someone when they're his "enemies"

What a girl.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 03:31:42 PM »
Good on you for removing him from your friends list. But he should be glad Im not in your place...Id walk right up to him and say eff you. Also, why should you worry if you share the same friend base? If those people are really your friends they either wont believe the rumors or theyll ask you about them and believe what you say. Like I said, dont play those games with people...keep it real.
x

Offline 1funn

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 06:43:56 PM »
Well, today at school he was being really broody and angry and kind of snappy to everyone, but I just acted how I usually did and didn't speak to him. I think it got him angry I wasn't taking any of his bait to anger me, but I knew it was pointless to try to reason with him.

A lot of my friends (mutual) stated how they were on my side and thought he was being ridiculous, so I'm glad at least there is that.

I just hope this ends soon. I won't hold a grudge, I'm kind of over it now. All he needs to do is do the same because he's making a lot of people uncomfortable.

Thanks for listening and the advice, guys. :)

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 07:21:52 PM »
Your friends should not dictate your actions anyways. If these friends were to turn on you because of feelings towards another, good or ill, then they aren't very good friends to begin with. Any friend that would make you choose between them and somebody who makes you miserable do not deserve your friendship.

As for this guy hes not worth the time of day and if only one person has problems with you as he does then your not doing so bad. Just go on living your life and ignore those that try to rustle your feathers. Take it from somebody who knows what its like to have people hate them, if you let people walk on you then you will be all the more miserable for it.

Friends and enemies will come and go but the time spent worrying about them will forever be lost

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 09:03:04 PM »

What do I do?

get off Faccebook

It steals people's souls and replaces them with something totally evil and warped that it's ludicrous.

When he wasn't super dick, you tried to explain, he didnt acknowledge that. good for him, dont let im bother you.

Now that he IS super dick, well good for you you ignored him.