The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Girl Problems.  (Read 390 times)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Girl Problems.
« on: September 20, 2010, 03:06:15 PM »
Ok so it's my gf. She's emo, condecending, dramatic, clingy, immature, whiny, and a total ***** sometimes...BUT she REALLY cares about me and she'd do anything for me. I'd do the same for her but at the same time, I'm not happy. In fact, I'm really upset. I don't want to break it with her but I feel like I need to because she's driving me crazy. Everytime I see her we fight, make up, and I end up facepalming later on. Its like once I see her, I become a completely different person. I feel incapable of expressing true emotion to her. I've told her that I don't feel the same way about her as she does with me and I broke up with her over the summer...THEN she guilted me back into dating her again after I was forced to watch her drink herself to death. My brother and I had to rush her to the hospital to get her pumped. WTF? How did that happen? This girl is CRAZY and a total idiot. I feel like such and fool to get back with her.

I don't want to hurt her feelings but I can't take this anymore. I feel like the only way to get rid of her is for one of us to die (don't freak out, I'm not saying anything here). But that's just how I feel. I know I need to break it with her but I don't know if I can...and our 10 months is coming up in 5 days. Help?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:08:16 PM by Spike »

Offline RedWolf "lucifer" Guevara

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • id laugh if u just... spontaiusly combusted
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf / hyena hybrid
  • Coloring: Red / grey
  • Build: skinney but adgaile
Re: Girl Problems.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 03:41:40 PM »
i will ponder on this and gert back to you with an answer
"i do not care if i fall so long as someone picks up my gun and keeps shooting" -Ernesto "che" Guevara

Offline 1funn

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Irish Pygmy Goat
  • Height: 5'5"
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 07:02:52 PM »
Well, I'm sorry to hear about this, but the first thing you must ask yourself is: As a whole, is this relationship making me happy? Not if it's making her happy, or the people around you happy, or even making you happy, but only half of the time.

Being in a relationship isn't supposed to be easy, but unfortunately, it shouldn't be a chore, either. If you don't feel like the amount of effort you are inputting into the relationship is being returned, then perhaps she isn't the one for you. Have you spoken to her about these things? There could be a very specific reason why she's acting "emo" or condescending or *****y. Part of your job as her significant other is to inquire what is wrong and try to help, but also keep in mind it is not your job to carry all of her problems. If she can't be open with you about things or if she is doing little to change, then she isn't putting a fair amount of effort into the relationship.

Also, have you asked yourself if you have been doing any things you could work on as well? No problem in a relationship is 100% one person's fault. (If it is, it's incredibly rare.) Part of what you need to do is analyze why things are they way they are, and put an effort into rectifying the problem.

If you broke up with her once, it was probably for a reason, and you need to be open and honest about not wanting to be with her. A one-sided relationship does nothing but waste time and hurt feelings. If you're going to try to end it, the sooner the better, but you must be completely honest and tell her why you are breaking up with her, and preferably do it in person. If she tries to guilt her, the only person who lets that happen is you! Keep in mind that her guilting you into things is a form of peer pressure, and you need to stand firm and tell her the way it is, otherwise you're just leading her on and in the end, you're a bad guy, too.

I hope that helped. Good luck.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 07:14:51 PM »
If your to the point you want to be rid of her then there is no longer a relationship but a burden of feelings. Your best bet would be to just break it off with her and be done with it. Time will not make it any easier nor will any tricks or actions. The single act of dumping her is the only true way to end it.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 07:36:45 PM »
If your to the point you want to be rid of her then there is no longer a relationship but a burden of feelings. Your best bet would be to just break it off with her and be done with it. Time will not make it any easier nor will any tricks or actions. The single act of dumping her is the only true way to end it.

i agree. its gonna hurt, might as well get it over with.

Offline RedWolf "lucifer" Guevara

• Eager Elephant
  • id laugh if u just... spontaiusly combusted
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf / hyena hybrid
  • Coloring: Red / grey
  • Build: skinney but adgaile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 08:43:57 PM »
 I Agree u should break it off
"i do not care if i fall so long as someone picks up my gun and keeps shooting" -Ernesto "che" Guevara

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 11:22:22 PM »
Yea, I agree with the others...
As much as I'm an advocate of thying to make things work, it sounds like you have, and its still not working.
Added to that, her display of erratic behavior is NOT what you want in a mate, or potential wife.

Better just bite the bullet and get it over with.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 12:26:15 AM »
Well I did it. I'm all alone now...but at the same time I feel free. I'm a little sad tho. I know how much she really liked me and I know I'll probably never find another girl like her...She cared more about me than my own mom.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I hope this was the right choice.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 09:00:05 PM »
Well I did it. I'm all alone now...but at the same time I feel free. I'm a little sad tho. I know how much she really liked me and I know I'll probably never find another girl like her...She cared more about me than my own mom.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I hope this was the right choice.
Breaking away is tough and you may often question whether it was right or not but in the end, regardless of whether it was "right" or "wrong", it's been done and you can only hope to move on and learn from your experiences to prepare yourself for the future. I wish you the best.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Raphial

• Avid Aardvark
  • Founder of iRaph Designs & Studios.
    • Active Assaults Online
    • Awards
  • Species: White fox/wolf
  • Height: 6' 3"
  • Weight: 185 lbs
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 08:27:09 PM »
This sounds creepily, but exactly like my ex I broke it off with in December. My true advice? Get out of the relationship. And before you think "Well dur", let me explain a few things.

No matter what you do, you're in the wrong. Whether it's because you feel guilty, or she'll make you/tell you that you're wrong about whatever it may be. From a simple argument to a break up. I was with my ex, Arrion, for three years, and I felt almost miserable the last two. However, since I didn't make her life a perfect life and kept expressing that I didn't feel comfortable with her as I used to, she made my life hell then on. Then when I found out she had been cheating on me with several other guys, and was always interested in a few others, then I broke it off with her. When I did that, and didn't let her guilt trip me back into the relationship, she tried to set me up and frame me for effin rape out of no where during school one day. So it all went to the cops, but nothing happened. They knew she was lying, the was no evidence, nothing made sense, etc. My point by this paragraph is that if you don't get out of this somehow, I promise it, or she, will bring you down into a hell hole one day. Now I don't know how long you two have been together, but that's my true opinion.

As of how to get out? Honestly there isn't a straight answer. What you try best is to slowly wiggle your way out of the relationship, but still be her friend (If possible). Try to slowly explain to her that you still love and care about her, but not in d very deep (Relationship) kind of way. Try showing her that breaking it off won't be as terrible as she puts it out to be. Tell her that you want to try something on your own, and if she truly cares, she'll accept it without guilt tripping you into anything. With this kind of situation you're in, you HAVE to make her seem right in her mind. If you don't, you're doomed. And of course you want out, you just have to do it slowly and while trying to make her think it isn't so bad, and that she  has other options for other people too. As for the suicide shat, threaten the cops or something. Seriously. My ex drank, cut, took pills, and everything behind my back. She threatened suicide a few times with a knife, and I finally ended it after the third time threatening her that I'd call the cops because I cared about her, and didn't want that happening to her. Just throw in what you really feel, but with a solid, "it's because I care about you" explanation behind it. I know it's all complicated...but believe me...if she's crazy like that, it's worth the complications. Just mostly try to express your feelings without making her upset, and maybe she'll see. Other than that, I'd have to personally meet this person to give you a solid, straight forward solution.

EDIT

Sorry...I just realized you had broke it off already. I'm sorry I didn't see that. Just try to get through it as best as possible, and move on. I know it's tough, but you just got to keep stepping forward.

If you need anything, please shout me a PM, or add me on MSN.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 08:31:19 PM by Raphial »