The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Batman, The Dark Night sequel  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Dandeon

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: White and Light Blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Build: Athletic
Batman, The Dark Night sequel
« on: September 01, 2010, 04:11:39 AM »
There's a lot of rumours floating around about this third Batman movie. I am a huge fan of the Dark Knight, and quite a lot here would probably agree that it was AWESOME, so I'm gonna ask my fellow furries who they think should be the next villain in this series.
My personal favourite would have to be the Riddler. I love psycotic villains, and he is just awesome.
So what do you guys think?

Riddle me this,
Riddle me that,
Who do you think should take on the Bat?

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Batman, The Dark Night sequel
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 08:20:45 AM »
Well the riddler has been all but confirmed, with I think Johnny Depp being the main rumour to play, and David Tennant also a possibility.
Like both previous films though, there's more than one villain and I'm thinking that Catwoman might be one of those side villains.
Christopher Nolan said the Penguin would be tricky to do in such a realistic portrayal of Batman, which also might scupper Poison Ivy's chances... but then there is a possibility of doing Ivy in a realistic way... perhaps.

There will be no Mr. Freeze. :P
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Dandeon

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Fox
  • Coloring: White and Light Blue
  • Height: 5'10
  • Build: Athletic
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 08:48:11 AM »
That brings up the question of the actor playing the Riddler. I know there's been rumours of Johnny Depp, but I have also heard whispers that Josep Gordon-Levitt has been approached. Both would add different characteristics to the Riddler, Depp most likely the slightly Loony, while Joseph the calm and witty. Both would be great in my oppinion.

Riddle one has been answered
That much is certain
But who will play the Riddler
When they raise that red curtain?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 08:50:38 AM by Dandeon »

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 05:56:43 PM »
Personally, I'd have liked to have seen Killer Croc or someone who hasn't been done before.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 04:56:52 PM »
Big news!

The Dark Knight sequal is to be called "The Dark Knight Rises"... which makes sense.

And probably the big big big shock, the Riddler will not be in it. After all the rumour and speculation, he will never appear in the Nolans' trilogy.
Maybe Killer Croc will be in it, but again, realism constrains many.

Anyway, here's a link to the recent interview.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/10/27/christopher-nolan-reveals-title-of-third-batman-film-and-that-it-wont-be-the-riddler/
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 11:48:21 PM »
I hope its Mr. Freeze. It probably wont be because these films are "realistic" and a freeze ray isnt, but I can hope right?

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 01:22:00 AM »
It's not Mr. Freeze either. Nolan said so in another article, here: http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2010/03/10/christopher-nolan-takes-flight-with-superman-we-have-a-fantastic-story-1/

His villain choices to date have steered clear of strongly supernatural or super-science characters (no Man-Bat, Mr. Freeze or Poison Ivy, for instance) but he shook his head when asked if that was a trajectory he would continue. He did however concede one tidbit: “It won’t be,” he said, “Mr. Freeze.”

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline DaeSu

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Weight: 160lbs
  • Build: average
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 09:36:46 PM »
i personally think they won't have catwoman but instead have harlequin because the joker is in the asylum. i'd like to also see killer croc but i'd really like to see a good Bane and not like the crappy one from batman forever.

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Siberian Tiger
  • Coloring: White fur with black stripes, sapphire blue eyes, black wings
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 185 lbs.
  • Build: Tall with lean muscles.
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 02:33:18 AM »
Catwoman has been confirmed for The Dark Knight Rises. She will be played by Anne Hathaway. And the "super" villain for the film has also been confirmed to be Bane, who will be played by Inception actor Tom Hardy.

The Dark Knight is one of my all time favorite films, so I've been closely following, maybe even stalking, TDKR. :P

In addition to the above, pretty much every minor character from The Dark Knight is coming back, including the Mayor. :)
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 04:02:03 AM »
I'm going to sound like an idiot, but he will make one attractive Bane. Lol.

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 04:24:02 AM »
Another update: One of The Dark Knight Rises shooting locations has been revealed to be India. No idea why, but a theory I found to be quite plausible is that Bruce Wayne goes to India to seek out some kind of healer after Bane breaks his back. Personally, I'm very excited to see what Nolan does with a villain who is a legitimate physical threat to Batman. That fight sequence has the potential to be amazing, and Christopher Nolan's skill at shooting fight scenes has improved dramatically since Batman Begins.

I mean, did you see the rotating hallway fight in Inception!?!?  XD

All kidding aside, I've never been a particularly huge Bane fan. Even ignoring Batman & Robin, I've always thought musclehead characters like Bane and The Hulk were impossible to take seriously simply because of how stupid I think they look. That said, knowing Christopher Nolan's track record and love of realism, I am stoked to see what he does with the character. Particularly with Tom Hardy playing him, since Eames was one of my favorite characters in Inception. :P
"Avenged Drunkenfold, Disdrunked, and Drunken Force!" - Mike Wengren, drummer for Disturbed.

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 04:39:30 AM »
The Hulk is my favorite superhero thank you very much.  >:( But anyway, Bane would be cool to see I think Cause he was supposed to be super smart as well thanks to the venom. Lets see the dark knight take on someone who can punch through walls. *waves Bane Flag*

Offline WhiteTiger89

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 05:46:41 AM »
To be fair to The Hulk, the recent movie, The Incredible Hulk, did a great deal to win me over to the character. I don't know what got me into that theater seat, but I'm glad something did because I was very pleasantly surprised by how much the character grew on me.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 04:09:37 PM »
Personally, I'd have preferred to see Killer Croc, as I said up there. But maybe it's because I'd really like to see how the costuming would come out and I like reptiles, andddd... I'm a bit biased when it comes to that. BUT. Yeah. My second "I would like to see" would probably be Mr. Freeze more or less because he's one of the few bad guys who are bad guys with good reason (even though he's already been done). I'm also sure that he could do Freeze justice. I dunno. I'm not too thrilled about Bane, mainly because of what you said about muscle head characters, but I mean, the actor playing him kind of makes me want to see it. I might be a little disappointed if they make Bane more likable than Scarecrow or the other main villians. Out of all the villains he did, Scarecrow kind of disappointed me. Mainly because when things started getting HOLY CRAP INTENSE, he got taken care of by batman's girlfriend... With a taser. Not Batman. And then he ran off screaming like a little girl. I mean, they got a lot of elements of him down very well, but, that just disappointed me. I was also disappointed with Twoface's short time on screen, but I assume he's going to be in later movies?

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 04:11:49 PM »
scarecrow was dissapointing, I agree. they did not do him justice. Mr. Freeze would be cool to see but how they'd work in his freeze suit and freeze ray would be challenging.