The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Catfish's linearts  (Read 21680 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Re: Catfish's linearts
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2010, 07:48:15 PM »
Totally awesome!  :P   but then again pirates really are cool. I like both of these new pieces, your cheetas are great  :)

And ouch, hope it wasnt too bad. A month is a pretty long time  :/   Hope you rest up and get better  :3
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Confused
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2010, 08:12:57 PM »
Thank you, Kitt !

Yeah just imagine a month without PC, consoles, TV or car, that's a nightmare ! But hospital is quite nice, you can sleep all day long and nobody is angry about it  :P
I still have some problems with ribs and eyes but i hope that will heal over time  ^_^

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2010, 09:26:49 PM »
Totally awesome!  :P   but then again pirates really are cool. I like both of these new pieces, your cheetas are great  :)

I agree, pirates are cool. Really good art there Cat.
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2010, 03:40:01 PM »
How do you make the lines so clean? What do you use?

As for the picture itself, again really well done, though the background is obviously rough and unfinished. The subject itself is great.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2010, 04:23:20 PM »

I second that question, how'd ya do it so well?   :P

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2010, 07:57:55 PM »
Thank you very much ! Pirates are always awesome !

I'm a very lazy person and i like to use "pen tool"  ( or "path tool" becouse i'm using GIMP ) With this you'll be able to "draw" clean nice lines.
I think linearts with clean, smooth lines are easier to color (it's only my opinion  :P )

For example you can turn a very primitive doodle into something better -> LINK

As for the picture itself, again really well done, though the background is obviously rough and unfinished. The subject itself is great.

It's still an unfinished work  ^_^ I know the background is very weird but i'll try to make it better in final version ^_^

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I'm Not Insane, Just Mentally Hilarious.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Your Nightmare >:3
    • Awards
  • Species: Cabbit
  • Coloring: Black, White and Neon Green
  • Height: 5'10''
  • Weight: 121.8 lb
  • Build: Hourglass
  • Currently: Formally Known as Danta
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2010, 09:58:22 PM »
O.O do you take commissions? if so how much?

I love your art its amazing hehe
  • Signature art by: Me (Danta)
~ Im The Finger Down Your Spine When The Lights Go Out, Im The Bad Taste You Cant Get Rid Of , Im The Nightmare You'll Never Wake Up from - Me (Danta Bloodrayn) ~
Add Me On Skype: TangoPhynix

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2010, 12:38:56 AM »

I'm a very lazy person and i like to use "pen tool"  ( or "path tool" becouse i'm using GIMP ) With this you'll be able to "draw" clean nice lines.
I think linearts with clean, smooth lines are easier to color (it's only my opinion  :P )

For example you can turn a very primitive doodle into something better -> LINK
I thought so. I've never really taken to that tool because I can't draw a nice smooth line to save my life. It's always jaggedy because my hand shakes about quite a bit.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2010, 08:56:12 PM »
Thank you kindly, Skree !  ^_^

...O.O do you take commissions? if so how much?...

Me and commissions ? Sounds like a bad plan to me  :P  I'm not good enough to do such things.

...I thought so. I've never really taken to that tool because I can't draw a nice smooth line to save my life. It's always jaggedy because my hand shakes about quite a bit...

It's a useful thing anyway :D  It's extremely helpful if you're working only with mouse, and if you don't have tablet.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2010, 09:47:25 PM »
...O.O do you take commissions? if so how much?...

Me and commissions ? Sounds like a bad plan to me  :P  I'm not good enough to do such things.
You should never refuse someone who wants to give you money for your work :P Even if you think you're not good enough, it's not your money they're spending :)

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2010, 12:03:58 AM »
That's true, Asia  ^_^
Anyway i'm drawing becouse i want to learn how to draw, not how to make money  ^_^

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2010, 11:54:22 PM »
I was trying to draw something different   ^_^

Skree Valentine  XD

my first iScribble doodle :D

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2010, 09:53:37 AM »
I love how you just say 'doodle', when what you've actually made is freakin' awesome!   :P

And the drawing of Skree is awesome too... Heck, your work is just awesome all round  ^_^

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2010, 05:33:57 PM »
Thank you, Kitt !  ^_^

...I love how you just say 'doodle', when what you've actually made is freakin' awesome!   :P...

For example just compare my works to stuff  you can commonly see on dA / FA, and you'll see that my things are really just a doodles   ^_^

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2010, 05:55:20 PM »
How do you keep your hands steady, its so amazing! Did you do one half of the face and flip it 180 degrees o.o?
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer