The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame 2 (FINISHED)  (Read 52557 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Everflame 2
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 07:19:59 PM »
Chronin's hair finally stood up to its 'normal' spiky state as she finished talking. "Yes Ma'am, commander!" he said before cutting off the comm and heading back...

Upon returning to the bunker, the Regional Officer spotted him and made his way over with a menacing snarl. However, what the Officer expected was no what occoured as Chronin slammed his palm into the officer's chest, letting the rather sturdy and recently untampered comm device drop to the floor in front of him. "Found it in your assistant's locker, you should keep an eye on him. Now can you tell me which squad I'll be babysitting?" He said with the same contempt look that he left the barracks with.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2010, 07:28:30 PM »
Annie looked over her shoulder at the fox behind her... she smirked "At least one of you has brains... Or at least a sense of species...." She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, still staring down the barrel of the pistol...

Blaze walked through the murky hangar, the beam from his flashlight slicing through the swirling clouds of dust... A flicker of movement caught his eye, at the edge of the flaslight beam... He stopped, licking his lips nervously... "Hey! Uhm... Mister Scavenger guy!.... What exactly was supposed to be in the cargo bay?"
He took a step back, trying to keep every shadow within the narrow beam of his torch...

Back outside Annie frowned, looking from the door to the Rabbit....
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Kitt_R_Beesley

• The Dark Fox, Reaper of Souls
  • Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • for true freedom is in the sky
    • Kitt Beesley furaffinity account
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: blue eyes, black fur, blond hair, grayish white around his mouth trailing down his stomach.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 141
  • Build: lean
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2010, 10:28:30 PM »
"Thank you Sir!" Kitt walked briskly out of the commander's office and down to the hanger bay. After getting lost a couple times, and having to ask for directions, Kitt finally made it down to 43 stories to the hanger bay that Derrick was in. As he walked through the blast shielded doors Kitt came face to face with his dream fighter, the Kitsune. Unable to resist the urge Kitt walked the perimeter of the fighter checking the hull's integrity, the weapons systems, payload, and paint job of, in his eyes, one of the beautiful craft in existence, with a familiarity born from years of flying around Luscious. After letting lose a resigned sigh, Kitt turned around and barely manage to suppress a startled jump as he came face to face with a muscle bound mongoose, who was looking at Kitt with a smile and a look in his eyes that told volumes of information, namely that he was impressed with the young fox from his apparent joy that the Kitsune seemed to give him. " Hello, uh my name is Kitt, the commander told me to come find a mongoose named Derrick are you, by chance, him?"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:31:51 PM by Kitt_R_Beesley »

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 01:37:38 AM »
The humans squawked and yelled in distress.
"Aw what the hell, man!?" said one of the younger ones, as he grabbed for Nero's arm, trying to keep him upright. The girl closed her phone.
"The ambulance is coming, they said not to worry, they'll be here soon." She grabbed Nero's hand, kneeling beside him, while others called out words of encouragement.

Macen, the commanding officer, growled at Chronin.
"You'd best show me respect, or nothing will go your way. You connections higher up can only do so much." He took the communicator and shoved it into his pocket, keeping an eye on the dragon. "You're with squad D. You'll like them, they're as impertinent as you, with the least training and the least regard for the chain of command." He smirked, and clenched his fist. "And don't use that piece of trash, explod-o-glove on anyone, or I'll personally make sure you never see this sphere ever again."

The rabbit sneered at Annie. "Cute," he said. The fox laughed.  After Blaze called out, the rabbit turned to the door. "Look for anything with an EMC label on it. They might be heavy so put your back into it. Get some beef on you."

The window of the loading airlock looked out into the starry night of space, and through that darkness, a small freight carrying ship swung into view, and turn its back to Blaze, moving in to dock. Behind the young cat-fox, a box slipped, and tumbled off a pile, thudding into his back. Claws could be heard, scrambling away, around the room.

Derrick, the mongoose, looked Kitt over, then punched him hard in the face. He was smiling afterwards, almost laughing. "Sorry about that, kid. The commander only sends people to me if he thinks they need a good punch in the face. Oh and, don't touch the Kitsune." His smile disappeared, and his eyes lost their light. "If you do touch it, I will punch you just for my sake. If you do anything more than touch it, you may get shot." He stared down at the young fox. "I'm not kidding."
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 01:52:37 AM »
Chronin stared at Macen, and then cocked his head. "Sir, if you want me to respect you, perhaps we could have a sparring match when I come back from duty, if you win fairly; I will give you the respect you so deserve. Now, I'll be taking my leave for squad D as the 'chain of command' so told me..." He saluted and adressed his commanding officer in what seemed to be the most respectful attitude that he had ever shown to the one he referred to as 'Officer Tightwad'.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2010, 05:24:19 AM »
GotchA... 

Nero's hand gripped the girl's slightly.  "So kind...such a shame that it dies with you."  Nero's hand clenched like a vice-grip, breaking every bone in the girl's hand.  Nero grabbed the child at his side by the head and crushed it like an egg in his claw.  A bit of the human's brain matter splattered onto his face and the clothes of the nearby children.  A few of the rags flew off of Nero's body and attacked the other children; wrapping around their ankles, wrists, and necks...restraining and silencing them. 

Nero looked to the girl in his grasp.  "I'll be saving you for later."  Before she could respond he stuffed one of the rags in her mouth.  He had already learned that a screaming victim simply brought attention...a good tactic for later but not now.  The last of the children finally stopped moving, the rags leaving their hosts to rejoin with Nero.  Nero looked at the corpses, then at the girl in his hand, then back at the corpses.  Finally coming to a decision in his head he stomped on the girls ankles, shattering them, and then broke her other wrist.  Throwing her to the ground, he moved over to the others and began his feast.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2010, 10:32:45 AM »
Blaze walked down the rows of crates and boxes, rubbing his now sore shoulder... He muttered under his breath as he walked, torch beam swinging through the darkness... "I'm just being paranoid... just being paranoid... its all  fine... just being paranoid..."

He stopped beside a large crate, printed across the side where the letters EMC ... Blaze turned to look back across the cargo bay, breath fast and shallow... The beam from his flashlight slicing through the dark mist... The sound of skittering movement echoed from the rows of crates, and Blaze turned back, closing his eyes and still muttering under his breath... Bracing one shoulder against the crate, he pushed....

Back outside, Annie stood in mild awkwardness... The pistol was still pointed squarely at her face, as was the Fox's rifle at her back... She flicked her tail agitatedly.. This was supposed to be just a routine strip'n'run... Strip the wreckage of all that was usefull, and... run...
She laughed tersely under her breath "This is gunna be great on my record... Twenty eight successful runs without a hitch, and now i get kidnapped by a mad, gun wielding rabbit...."

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Kitt_R_Beesley

• The Dark Fox, Reaper of Souls
  • Dancing Dragon
  • for true freedom is in the sky
    • Kitt Beesley furaffinity account
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: blue eyes, black fur, blond hair, grayish white around his mouth trailing down his stomach.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 141
  • Build: lean
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2010, 05:09:47 PM »
"Ya know," Kitt said as he rubbed his jaw, "I've been trying to get into the military since I became an adult. It's really annoying to be told to 'go home kid' and then to get sent to the hanger captin just to get punched in the jaw? That won't do, now to go as far as the Kitsune is concerned, you need to hide the info on them better for example. System code 90902382 activate voice imprinting: imprint voice pattern for Kitt Beesley sole command of vessel number 309268 dubbed Vixen. Lock all systems against any intrusion without voice code activation number 902425-0683. Kitt smirked at the astonished look on Derrick's face as the Kitsune activated all systems and began preflight warm up. The automated voice system smoothly began to recite verification coding.
"Order codes accepted. All systems now voice locked to pilot 'Kitt Beesley' all systems closed to outside influence pending orders from instated pilot.

Kitt smirked as the fighter tuned to him and imprinted his DNA code into the data banks of the fighters main systems.
"Derrick, Commander I know your watching this as well, I'm sorry that I have made myself the pilot of the fourth and final Kitsune Fighter of this command post. I know that once a pilot is initiated into the controll banks that they can never be removed from them. The fighter in essence becomes the pilot's personal craft, until the fighter is destroyed. The reason why I know the codes that only you and the other three pilots of your Kitsune Team are supposed to know is simple. On Luscious, the Catina owners have found a way to make ale from the Triffids pollen. This ale acts as a very powerful truth serum as well as an alcohol removing any and all inhibitions. I talked to the pilots while they were drinking the stuff. It seems they had been hooked on it for over a month by that time and I have always been interested in fighters. when they landed the Kitsune outside of the Catina I had to ask them about it. After the conversation I memorized the codes to initiate a pilot to control of the ship. Now as to why I'm apologizing it's simple I want to be a pilot in the military. And a back handed insult as well as a threat to my life and my dignity put me out. now commander if you want me to leave still then so be it I'll take the Vixen and go. It won't be of any use to you now. But I would like very much to stay. I'm sure Daniel, Jacob, and Jesse would be pleased to know that they have gotten a new comrad in flight, especially for the runs against the smuggling rats that have been pirating in the range areas of  the middle sphere and have been causing trouble for some of our smaller supply ships." Kitt stood and awaited an answer as the Vixen finished the preflight warm up.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 05:14:34 PM by Kitt_R_Beesley »

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2010, 09:10:37 PM »
"A fight? If you want to be torn apart, I will oblige, but that is not how seniority is decided." Macen growled, and puffed out his chest, glaring with amber eyes. "I earned the right to your respect when I got promoted to this position. Now unless your feeble mind cannot grasp rational thought, I suggest you stop thinking altogether and just do as your told." His teeth started to grind, but then, he smiled. "If you don't, you will be punished for insubordination. Personally, I'd love to see a good old fashioned firing squad." He looked over to the door, and nodded to Chronin. "Don't take me lightly, boy. Dismissed."

On the space wreckage, the scavenger ship thudded against the cargo bay airlock. The ship's own lock opened up, and a snake wearing a Hawaiian shirt and shorts, strolled through, heading to a corner to open cargo bay. Before he did so, he shone a light through the window, seeing young Blaze. He looked around, then stopped. Something screeched, high and scraping among the boxes, like squealing brakes on a train. The snake's mouth dropped, and he ran back into his ship. A shimmer of silver slipped through the dark, and lunged at Blaze.

The rabbit's communicator scratched hard as David the snake yelled through it.
"There's something in there! Some kind of cyborg freak!"

Derrick watched in wide eyed horror, before pulling out his pistol, and firing for the head. Kitt dropped as a bloody lump, and the Derrick pulled out his communicator.
"Get the medics down here. Find out what else this kid knows." He moved to the ship and shut it down, while men and women clad in reflective yellow body suits ran across the hangar bay, with boxes labelled EMC.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2010, 09:28:14 PM »
Chronin continued down the hall, not stopping until he had gotten to where Squad D was assigned. He opend the door with a predatory smile as he began to see what his officer was saying, none of them were in uniform, some were lounging, others were exercising and one was cleaning out his gun. "Alright, its come to my attention that you all lack the discipline needed to be a decent squad, I've been sent here to-" none of them seemed to pay attention, which made his predatory grin spread farther as he went to the first guy that was training his upper body, and smacked him so hard that everyone in the room heard it, but only a few actually turned their heads.

The 'soldier' he smacked had gotten up and was about to swing at him, but Chronin grabbed his fist, twisted the arm behind the man's back, then yanked his pants up before throwing him onto another soldier, who was reading a rather raunchy magazine. "s'deal with this 'cat?!" one of the the body-builders said before Chronin whacked him with a fully-powered stun baton. "I'm Elite security Chronin, and I'm here to make decent fighters out of all of you... unless you die trying to go against me." he shouted, finally getting the attention of Squad D...

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2010, 09:35:47 PM »
Blaze saw the snake, blinking as the bright torch-light hit him... When the snake turned to look across the cargo hold, Blaze gave him an energetic middle finger.... "Stupid scavengers... Making everything difficult..."

With a frown, Blaze watched as the Snake made a dash for the interior of his ship... "Frackin' idiot... Couldnt've at least given me a hand with these damned crates?" It was then, as somthing made a shrieking lunge at him, that he realised just how screwed he was... Doing the only thing he could, he ducked and met the onrushing monstrosity with one forearm. Both where clad in scavenged metal guantlets, incorporating terminal slicing equipement...

---

Outside the doorway, Annie looked wildly from the rabbit's comms, to the buckled door... She made a move towards it, only stopping when the fox behind her jabbed his rifle barrel into her back... "Well what the hell are you gonna do!? My son is in there... and if you dont try to help him, god help me i'l tear your spine out through your mouth!"

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2010, 12:36:10 AM »
Closing a door behind himself a satisfied smile wrapped across his lips, he flicked a switch to engage the magnetic locking mechanism on the door. Cracking his neck slightly, Victor walked out onto a walkway this connected him to all of the various side passages and maintenance shafts in the nuclear plant. Walking through the various corridors and walkways that were shaded brown, either from the general grime of the place or actual paint Victor couldn't tell. Plant workers merely assuming he was one of the officials that visited the plant every now and then as they passed him, sparing no thought as they continued their discussions of current wagers they had over each other, musical debates and on one occasion, a group playing a rather popular word game on the planet. Coming closer to his goal, his eyes lit up with a certain malice that could often be seen when he was younger. Unlocking the desired door with a swift press on the fingerprint recognition terminal via a freshly acquired new digit.

Pushing open the door slowly, he looked across the figures being displayed on a large screen just in the off-centre of the largish room, what lay before him was a series of terminals. By studying the work rota, he knew he had roughly ten minutes before workers started to mill into this room again. The Arctic wolf walked briskly towards the nearest terminal, inserting a small disk in his possession into the desk computer. Waiting a few moments, he tapped the digits of his paw against the cold, coffee stained surface of the desk before the screen blinked on with a series of commands listing down the computer, then a 'downloading' bar appeared, the estimated time would take about 7 minutes, leaving him with just enough time to leave undetected.

Pulling out the compact plasma rifle, he disengaged the safety catch and held it ready in his paws, though if anybody walked in, they wouldn't see it immediately. The thought of locking the doors brushed across his mind, but in doing so he may as well turn on the alarm, these doors were never locked from the inside as the fingerprint recognition seemed to be enough security, he chuckled quietly to himself at that thought. Clicking a suppressor to the end of the rifle, to reduce flare and dampen the sound of the shot as he waited for the Download to finish.

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2010, 03:55:42 PM »
Squad D watched the elite, or glanced around at eachother, talking through their looks. One of them, a strong, older crow, stood up.
"Squad D do just fine on our own. Why would we need you now?" The others nodded, snickered, and gave little jeers under their breath.

The rabbit kept his pistol aimed at Annie, but the yells from the cargo bay distracted him. He looked to the hole in the door, and chewed on his cheek.

The creature leapt at Blaze with four listening glistening in the dark with steel and sweat. The blades sliced at the boy's face, missing, cutting his ear, drawing blood.

"Jaack, what's the plan?" asked the fox, as he prodded Annie with his gun, keeping his eyes set on her. The rabbit looked at her and nodded.
"You foxes are too big. Stay here." He dove the ground scrambling through the hole. He flashed his light, seeing the creature, dripping and snarling with an elongated head filled with teeth, and backward knees. Four shot blasted into it. Thudding into the flesh, smashing into the metal. The creature stumbled, falling into boxes that shuddered and fell on top. Jaack, the rabbit, reached out his hand to Blaze. "Hurry up!"

On the nuclear plant, the door beeped, clicked and yawned open. A red panda with a sandwich in his mouth and a datapad in his hand, strolled into the room, entranced  by the info in his hands.

Kitt heard beeping, buzzing, and then a voice, muffled and filled with static. Slowly, it sharpened, and was better than it ever had been. Someone in a full face white mask looked down. No eyes, no mouth, just the stretch of a muzzle, and twitching ears covered in green fabric.  There were lights all around.
"Can you hear me?" The person said. He looked over to behind Kitt. "Can he respond?" he murmured, with the rough tones of a long time smoker. Another person peered over him, and shone a light in his eyes.
"The instruments should pick it up if he can't physically express what he's thinking." The first one nodded, and asked again.
"Can you hear me?"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2010, 04:29:20 PM »
Chronin cocked his head. "Who said you needed me, I was ordered by my CO to be added to this unit, something about 'increasing security'. Bird-brain, if you think the way you are is 'fine', swing at me right now..." the taunt seemed to work as the crow got over one of the couches and took a swing at Chronin. He swung back with his talons open and grabbed the bicep of the crow, locking his punching arm with his own outstretched arm. He then almost broke the crow's beak with his left fist, then dislocated his arm by twiting it out of the socket. The crow was on his knees without Chronin even resorting to the stun baton or knocking out his knees. "I don't know about Squad A or B, but I learned to counter this in Squad C when I was younger than this worm-eater. But, since you can handle yourself, I'll just put your friends arm back in place and let you get back to your break without causing anymore trouble." He stated before lining up the arm and pushing it back into place with only a squack from the crow.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2010, 06:01:01 PM »
Some of the squad shook their heads, while others put away cards, cigerettes and other contraband. One female cat leaned against the locker, giggling and applauding. She was small, and the assault rifle clutched between her legs looked almost too big for her.