The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Everflame 2 (FINISHED)  (Read 52553 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Everflame 2
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2010, 12:31:47 PM »
"What you on about?"said the trash rummaging hyena. With drunken sway, he wrenched out half a chicken, half eaten and half rotten. "It's Earth, innit." He turned and jogged to the rim of the garbage pit, sitting at its edge and looking over the field of biodegrading F-plastic from broken computers.

Harold, the bear, sat in his office, eating a piece of meat like it was a cookie. On his table, plans sprawled, mixed with diagrams and thousands of notes. He chewed deep in thought. The door opened and Jason strolled in. Harold glanced up then back to his plans, holding up his hand to stop any speaking before he'd chewed. He swallowed the meat down.
"What happened?" He straightened, and looked down at Jason, who moved to speak. Harold cut him off. "You have tech designed to track Triffids, you have guns designed to kill Triffids, you have armour designed to stop Triffids killing you, and you have tactics that ensure victory. This is not back in the day when we were lambs to the slaughter, so what happened?" Harold stared, fierce and cold, into the eyes of the soldier.

"How?" Kateri asked, looking from one visitor to the other. Howl looked down at her interactive desk, indicating to it with his hands.
"There was an incident, a few days after the everflame was stolen, about two thirds of the way from Raven's Nest to Serra Draconis." Kateri watched him for a moment, then tapped on her desk corner, where the small light glowed. A window popped up, and she flicked through search directories, narrowing the criteria. A list of events appeared, all in the area between the two planets. Howl reached over, the guards pointed their guns, and the wolf froze.
"I was going to point to one," he said. Kateri nodded to the guards who returned to a ready position. Howl leaned further and pointed to a file about a destroyed merchant convoy. Kateri tapped it and it opened up. Images showed the convoy to be completely destroyed. There was just wreckage left. Notes hovered to the side of the images, showing a list of ship designations, cargo (of which nothing was missing,) and at the bottom, was a note typed in red. No evidence of weapons residue or explosive damage. The event was written of as a mystery, leaving scientists baffled. Kateri looked up at the visitors, and clenched her hands behind her back.
"So you think that whatever is coming to take the Everflame is what did this?" Howl nodded, while Seeker almost bowed.
"We are your only warning," she said. Kateri watched, and thought.
"How long does this warning last?" Howl winced and Seeker's smile faltered.
"We don't know," said the wolf. "Time doesn't work for us in the way it works for you. You could have five seconds or five hundred years, so you've got to act as soon as you can. You can't risk it." Kateri ran a hand through her blonde hair, then looked up at the timer above the door. Seeker turned to watch it as well, keeping her feelers in the air towards Kateri, who looked back down to the visitors.
"I'll have all this checked out, and if it turns out that you two are to be trusted, then I have to refer this to the politicians." Howl sighed, and made the smallest shake of his head, while Seeker turned to face her again. Her feelers curled back behind her like a crown, and she smiled, with a pleasant squint of her eyes. "It's my duty." The table lit up again, it was a communication from one of the soldiers, but the identity was scrambled. Kateri looked down at it and grumbled under her breath, before straightening herself and glancing over to the door. "Now unless you have anything else to tell me, I am busy." Seeker's colours dimmed flowing into her hair that danced like a flame as she bowed low, and then turned to leave. Howl looked from her to Kateri, becoming agitated.
"Wait, no we can't leave it like this," he said. Seeker looked back at him with deep soothing darkness in her eyes. She reached out her hand.
"We continue later, we tell others, okay?" she said, as she took his hand, and walked out with him in reluctant tow. He continuously shook his head.
"No, no this is dangerous."

The guards followed on behind, and the door closed, leaving Kateri alone in her office. She grabbed her chair and dropped herself into it, looking up at the ceiling. She closed her eyes and breathed slowly for a moment, before reaching a hand forward and tapping her desk to answer her comms.
"Yes?"

On the ship Annie and Blaze were on, the man with a flashlight stifled a laugh. "Scavengers? Oh wait, nah, you're Explorator Mechanicusses, first class." He stepped out of the shadows, a rabbit in his mid-twenties wearing a slim space suit with an open helmet. He had his own pistol in one hand, aimed and ready, and the torch in the other. "You know, I don't think the people waiting for this ship, would like to know that you're nicking their stuff." He flicked the light to the ground, seeing the guns before lighting Annie and Blaze up again. "Kick them back to the door so my partner can take them off you, then follow me. We are going on a trip to the cargo bay." He wiggled his eyebrows and grinned.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Kitt_R_Beesley

• The Dark Fox, Reaper of Souls
  • Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • for true freedom is in the sky
    • Kitt Beesley furaffinity account
    • Awards
  • Species: Black Fox
  • Coloring: blue eyes, black fur, blond hair, grayish white around his mouth trailing down his stomach.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 141
  • Build: lean
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2010, 02:42:17 PM »
"Commander, Sir, as you well know, the Triffids are highly intelligent, and they seem to have found a way to elude our sensors. We were waiting for pick up and were ambushed from all sides by the Triffids Sir, and until we started firing they sounded no alarm to bring others that first wave attack was more than enough to decimate half of the unit Sir. Further more they have developed an acid that will eat our armor. Had it not been for a civilian fox named Kitt, none of use would have made it back Sir. He is on deck if you wish to speak with him." Jason fidgeted slightly under the commander's gaze as he waited for a response.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2010, 03:06:55 PM »
Blaze raised a paw as the rabbit stifled his laugh... "Actually... Like i said.. I'm still only a third Class Explorator..." Annie rolled her eyes, and elbowed him in the ribs...Blaze, like his father had been, wasn't the best when it came to timing or words... She kicked the pistols back down the corridor towards the door, and zipped one finger across her lips... even Blaze couldn't mistake that message...

"Sure... Scavengers, call us that... we just find what aint being used, and sell it on so it can be used... We didnt know this ship was still needed, just looked like a wreck..." She licked her lips, taking a hesitant step forward... It seemed even as an Explorator Danger followed her everywhere...
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 03:59:47 PM »
Harold growled under his breath, and leant on the table with his fists.
"They evolved," he said, through the grumbles, "again." He released a mighty punch to the table, making it shudder, and causing a crack to run along the side, causing all the diagrams to tint a little greener. "Get to lab, tell the scientists what you know. Oh and bring that kid to me. I'll decide if he's worth keeping."

The door behind Blaze and Annie rumbled as it opened. The barrel of an assault rifle poked through, followed by a fox in his own space suit. He was carrying a bag, and he picked up the guns to drop them in there. The rabbit tapped his foot against the floor, keeping the attention on him.
"This ship is a wreck, but as long as the stuff inside is still good, then the people who own it will still want it, won't they? As will everybody else." He gestured around with his torch, flashing the light all over the corridor. "So what you're gonna do for me, is go over to that cargo bay, open it up, get the goods, and then follow me to my ship where you will be rewarded with... I dunno." He shrugged and looked over to his vulpine friend. "Yo, what d'you think they should get?"
"A cuddly toy," the fox replied in the deep gruff voice that had spoken through the comms earlier. The rabbit laughed.
"Ha, yeah alright. A cuddly toy. Your little boy there would like that, wouldn't he, hey?" He shined the light into Blaze's eyes. "What do you say to that, little man?" he smirked, then turned away, looking down the corridor. "Come on now, follow me, and don't try anything or my friend will not hesitate." The fox huffed a chuckle and kept his rifle aimed and ready.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 04:06:55 PM »
Chronin's hair went from it 'normal' spiky style, and started to hang loosely around his head. "Aunt Kateri, how do we know which groups to join?" he asked with rather astonishing honesty. He didn't want to hear 'your commanding officer is supposed to assign you', because he just snatched the comm from the same officer not too long ago. "Also, when can I visit 'Gran' again?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 04:33:05 PM »
Blaze growled in peeved annoyance, taking a step towards the rabbit, Annie put out an arm and stopped him in his tracks... She was still very strong, despite her age... She hissed under her breath, letting go of his arm with a flick of her wrist... "Just like your Father, quick to anger... Dont let your ego kill us in situations like this... shut it..."

She started to walk after the rabbit, trying her best to ignore the gun aimed squarely at her back... She spoke up as the walked, just to break the silence if nothing else.. "So... I'm guessing you guys are the real scavengers here.... At least, by the sounds of it you 'aint exactly the lawful owners of said ship contents..." Blaze walked beside her, all too aware of the guns pointed at him... he brushed some dust off his dark red Explorator armour, nervously flicking his long tail...

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 05:39:12 PM »
"EartH..."  The figure seemed to barely recoginize the word and was tossing it about in his mind.  EartH...EartH...EartH...WherE HavE I HearD ThaT NamE BeforE?...  The figure recalled the ambassador, Howl, talking about it in his time in their dimension.  Now knowing exactly where he was he needed to find a way of the planet without attracting attention to himself.  But first...he'd need a disguise.  The hyena hadn't bothered to look closely at the figure...if he had then he would have reacted much differently.  There was nothing underneath the rags....

The figure limped up behind the hyena.  "ThanK YoU...You'vE BeeN QuitE HelpfuL...YouR SeviceS WilL NoT GO UnrewardeD..."  The hyena turned around to the figure, a bit surprised.  It wasn't every day that he got a handout.  The hyena smiled eagerly, ready for his reward.

"YoU WilL BE AlloweD TO TraveL AnywherE...SeE StrangE AnD ExotiC NeW PlaceS...YoU WilL BE ServeD HanD AnD FooT...DO YoU AccepT?..."

The hyena nodded furiously, ecstatic that things were finally going his way.

"PerfecT..."  The rags suddenly flew open and engulfed the hyena.  His screams were muffled as the rags constricted and twisted around him like ragged snakes.  The squirming cocoon dropped to the ground as the screams got higher and higher pitched until finally they stopped altogether.  The cocoon continued to twitch for a moment before finally laying still.  The rags loosened and unwound themselves as the figure got back up.  On the ground was only a puddle of blood, slowly being soaked up by the trash surrounding it.  The figure looked down into the blood and waved a gnarled hand, making it as reflective as glass.  He looked at his new face with disdain.  "Filthy vermin...you will have to do for now." 

The blood returned to its original form and spread out across the ground as normal.  "Now...how do I get off of this rock?"  Nero walked away from the scene, leaving the trash pit to the rest of the vermin.   As he left however, the blood slithered away, leaving a trail of itself behind as it dissapeared into the trash.

Offline Kitt_R_Beesley

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
  • Coloring: blue eyes, black fur, blond hair, grayish white around his mouth trailing down his stomach.
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 05:47:54 PM »
Jason walked out of the door to Harold's office with a grim look on his face.
"Hey Kitt your up, watch what you say and how you act Harold's in a bad mood because of the Triffids among other things. Just tell him what you want to do, and what you did for me. He should let you come along although he is notorious for sticking wannabe pilots into the cocpit of a junker fighter and telling them to show him what they can do. Although I doubt that he'll do it to you, it is a possibility. If you present yourself corectly. just remember to refer to him as sir and you two should get along fine."
Swallowing hard Kitt walked into the commander's quarters and waited to be adressed.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 06:59:45 PM »
Kateri made a little hum of relief. "Hello Chronin." She smiled as she spoke. "What's with the modified transmission? Have you been fiddling around with communicators again? I hope it's your own one this time." She leaned forward in her chair plucked the framed photo that stood on her desk. Holding it in her hand, she admired the idyllic look. " Sweety, your Regional Officer was supposed to assign you to a group. Go talk to that dog that's in charge. What's his name? Macen? Whatever, talk to him, he'll sort you out." She held the picture close to her, and her smile faded as she thought on the implication of the visitors. The daydream snapped as Chronin asked about his 'gran'. "Huh? Well you can come see her tonight if you want. She's always happy when you come to see her, you know that. She always asks about you." Slowly, Kateri sighed, and then swung her chair around to look to the sky outside. "You know, she's starting to worry me. Lately she's been talking about something about to happen. She thinks she won't be here after its over, and..." She paused, thinking of how to phrase her next words. "I don't think she's far wrong. She is getting rather old, slowing down."

The rabbit in the spacesuit swaggered through the corridors with a smile on his face.
"You've seen through our disguise! No we're not the owners. We're just like you, robbing from the dead to give to the rich; except we've got guns and you don't." The fox behind them all chuckled at his friends joke, while the rabbit himself lit up the walls ahead. There, a large and damaged door sat in front, with the word 'CARGO' written above it in capitals. It was bent and buckled and wedged into the wall at awkward points. "Nuts." The rabbit scanned across the door with his light. One side was bent inwards at the bottom corner, leaving a small gap.
"What's wrong?" said the fox, in his heavy voice. The rabbit waved his paw.
"It's okay, just a little interesting. Nothing we didn't expect. The door's been damaged, and it looks jammed in, but there's a gap. I could probably crawl inside, but then why risk getting trapped in a damaged and probably unstable room," he spun round and aimed his light at Blaze, "when you can get someone else to do it for you." He raised his pistol and aimed it square at Annie's face. "What do you say, champ? Just crawl in there and push whatever you can to the loading airlock. Our pilot will swing round to dock there and you can just get the goods onto our boat." He stepped aside from the door, inviting Blaze to crawl in. "If you do that,  we won't hurt your mum, okay?" He looked over to Annie. "You are his mum, right? Not just some really messed up romance." The fox chuckled again.

On Earth, some human kids sat on their bikes on the dirt road to the trash heap. Nero trudged towards them, and the eldest, a tall lanky boy with cropped blond hair, baggy jeans and muddy trainers, called out to him.
"Hey, mate. What happened over there? We heard a scream."

Harold stood staring down the little fox, with a stern and authoritarian stare.
"You're the one who saved my soldier, correct?" He looked up and down Kitt's comparatively meagre body, and licked his teeth. "Now since you live here, my guess is you know a bit about Triffids, but not much else, so in spite of what you may think of your heroics, I have no need of you. Go home." He waved  his paw to dismiss Kitt, then turned his back on him, looking to a screen, showing video of the hangar bay.

Offline Kitt_R_Beesley

• Dancing Dragon
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 07:19:36 PM »
"Ha! I know more than just Triffids, I came here to become one of the military's pilots. the ship your looking at in that hanger is the SRX-397, aka the Kitsune. It can jump to 6.5 parsects past light and has long range as well as close combat capabilities, deep space or atmosphere. It runs a dual energy core with enough power to jump this comand post to the inner sphear. Matter of fact I can already fly, And I am more than willing to prove it."
Kitt stood there defiantly for a second before he remembered that Jason had told him to adress the commander as Sir, so he hastily added the tittle. "Sir."

Offline Entaru

• Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 07:27:51 PM »
"That was me unfortunately.  I fell amongst the trash and got stuck.  My leg is...rather badly injured." Nero's leg began 'bleeding' as he spoke, the blood starting to pool on the ground around the 'injured' leg.  Please, would you help an old man to someone who might take care of it?"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 08:51:51 PM »
"Well, until immortality is possible, its something everyone faces. But before I go back to Regional Officer Tight-wad, what do you mean when you say 'after its over'?" He checked the halls for anyone that might pick up on the conversation, or wonder why they're hearing someone talk like a child. His hair started to rise up again, knowing he'll have to 'change' if someone gets too close...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 10:04:40 PM »
Blaze took another angered step towards the rabbit, only stopping when the Fox behind him poked the barrel of the rifle between his ribs...  Annie looked down the dark barrel of the pistol, before sighing... "Of course he's my son... And enough of the corny jokes, or else that pistol isnt going to be the death of me..." She smirked, despite the situation...

Blaze grimaced, looking from the pistol, to his mother, to the rabbit and back again... "Fine... Just... Just don't shoot..." There was an unmistakeable tremor in his voice, though whether of fear or anger was hard to tell... Dropping down onto both knees Blaze looked in through the hole, he pulled out his flashlight and clicked it on, but the stark beam of light only reach a few metres in... The air inside was thick with swirling dust and steam, the flashlight only illuminating the motes of dust like fireflies...

Shrugging his shoulders, and resigning to the worst, Blaze crawled through... One sleeve caught and tore on the jagged edge of the door, and after a few choice words he was in. The dust swirled in crazed eddies, as he took several careful steps into the bay... 

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 05:56:17 PM »
"Really now?" said the bear as he turned back around. "You're a hotshot bird shooting ace, are you?" He walked round the table and stepped up to Kitt, staring down at him. "Talk to Derrick, he's the mongoose down in the hangar bay. Tell him I sent you."

The kids scrambled off their bikes, forming a circle around Nero.
"Whoa, we gotta get a doctor." The tallest tapped one of the others, a girl with pale skin, long ginger hair and a teal hoodie. "Call a doctor quick!" The others shuffled around, unsure what to do, while the girl pulled out a phone started dialing.

Kateri looked at the door, then the clock that sat above it, and frowned.
"I don't know, Chronin. You'll have to ask her that. She was never too clear on it.Now go back to being a big soldier-man, okay?" She chuckled down the comms, but didn't smile.

The rabbit watched as Blaze crawled past the door, and once he was in, he looked back towards Annie.
"He's got quite a mouth on him, your son," he said, and then reached to the collar of his space suit, and clicking a button. "Alright David? You hearing this?" There was a pause filled with static.
"Loud and clear, man." The voice on the other side was rough with sleep, yawning through his words. "'sup?" The rabbit rolled his eyes.
"Wake up, you dizzy viper. We're at the cargo bay and we need you to dock to it. We got some kid to shift the stuff, so don't get freaked out when you see him. He's supposed to be a fox but he don't half look mutant."
"He's hybrid," said the fox, grumbling behind Annie. The rabbit looked up at him.
"You what?"
"He's a hybrid. Fox and Cat I think."
"How can you tell?" The fox gestured down to himself and flicked his tail around.
"I'm a flippin' fox! I can tell when someone's only half vulpine." The rabbit put out a paw and gestured for him to calm.
"Alright, Whatever, David, just get down here and dock, okay?" he said into the communicator.
"Roger that," the voice crackled with laughter and static, before being cut off.

Inside the cargo bay, shadows shifted with Blaze's light, shining through the gloom. Something moved with the darkness, slipping through the shadows, among the boxes.

Offline Entaru

• Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2010, 07:13:46 PM »
Nero allowed himself to collapse at their feet.  From the amount of 'blood' on the ground, it wouldn't be foolish to believe that he had passed out from blood loss.  ComE ON YoU FilthY LittlE ParasiteS....TakE ThE BaiT...GeT CloseR...ThaT MaN Wasn'T NearlY EnougH SustenencE...YounglingS WilL BE FaR MorE SucculenT And FillinG...

"Please..."  Nero reached out towards the girl with the phone, the look of terrified urgency on his face.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 07:19:21 PM by Entaru »