The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Rants: Everyday Venting  (Read 174691 times)

Offline Aloneness

• Azure Wolf
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Invalid Syntax Error
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Height: [Anthro 5' 7"] [Farrel 3'2"]
  • Weight: [Anthro 119lbs] [Farrel 52lbs]
  • Build: Normal, Light
  • Currently: Getting on for no reason
Re: Rants: Everyday Venting
« Reply #1650 on: February 17, 2013, 07:36:59 AM »
Venting? Read some rather, /annoying/ posts... been programming for 6 hours haven't slept well the past 3 nights, and have a million things to do.  woo hoo~ ... -.-

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #1651 on: February 17, 2013, 06:13:21 PM »
I had my wisdom teeth removed 2 weeks ago and the pain had just alleviated UNTIL I had a salad with croutons. GRAHHHH!!!
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Aloneness

• Azure Wolf
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Invalid Syntax Error
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Arctic Wolf
  • Height: [Anthro 5' 7"] [Farrel 3'2"]
  • Weight: [Anthro 119lbs] [Farrel 52lbs]
  • Build: Normal, Light
  • Currently: Getting on for no reason
« Reply #1652 on: February 17, 2013, 06:38:13 PM »
I feel your pain ... or well I will soon ... I have to get all 4 of mine cut out >w>

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Foxaroo!
  • Coloring: white and orange
  • Height: 5'11''
  • Weight: 145
  • Build: skinny with little fat and muscle
  • Currently: Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost!
« Reply #1653 on: February 17, 2013, 08:13:02 PM »
I had my wisdom teeth removed 2 weeks ago and the pain had just alleviated UNTIL I had a salad with croutons. GRAHHHH!!!
ahhh dude when I got mine out I was freaking miserable for almost a month
If you want beef then bring the ruckus

Offline Kio

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis awesomicus
  • Currently: Being lazy :3
« Reply #1654 on: February 17, 2013, 09:24:54 PM »

@Kanga:
My parents don't agree with gay marriage (they were ranting about it earlier), they say it's because it's a typographical oxymoron, it's like allowing "funerals for the living". They state marriage is matrimony in the sense of wedding, mater means mother (parent) and -monium means to be engaged as a parent, therefore matrimony is a parent-child bond and naturally same-sex couples cannot have children so it is an oxymoron. Non-matrimonial marriage, or should we say "other kind" of civil partnerships would work with same-sex couples but matrimony means absolutely nothing to them as they cannot be bonded as natural parents.
I see their point, the legalization of gay matrimony does seem to destroy the original religious concept (also, it seems the founding religions were anti-homosexual). I don't know what to think about it, personally, tbh, I do think it should may be called something else, though, seeing it affects the feelings of those religious (as it violates their terminologies, morals and traditions).

What gets me is that people go out of their way to care for unnecessary things to spark unnecessary hatred, although it's not so much opinions that makes a bad person as their negativity towards making and largely pushing such opinions for things that really need not concern them (since it doesn't affect them directly). Society's various needs are shared, compromises need to be made, of course, the majority is a weight to give more favor, too (that's political) but the minorities should be respected if they're not affecting the majority's core needs (especially on level of survival; safety, health; and comfort).

<(ಠ_ಠ)> I am an angel, fear me.

Therian/otherkin and furry.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1655 on: February 17, 2013, 09:28:10 PM »

@Kanga:
My parents don't agree with gay marriage (they were ranting about it earlier), they say it's because it's a typographical oxymoron, it's like allowing "funerals for the living". They state marriage is matrimony in the sense of wedding, mater means mother (parent) and -monium means to be engaged as a parent, therefore matrimony is a parent-child bond and naturally same-sex couples cannot have children so it is an oxymoron. Non-matrimonial marriage, or should we say "other kind" of civil partnerships would work with same-sex couples but matrimony means absolutely nothing to them as they cannot be bonded as natural parents.
I see their point, the legalization of gay matrimony does seem to destroy the original religious concept (also, it seems the founding religions were anti-homosexual). I don't know what to think about it, personally, tbh, I do think it should may be called something else, though, seeing it affects the feelings of those religious (as it violates their terminologies, morals and traditions).

What gets me is that people go out of their way to care for unnecessary things to spark unnecessary hatred, although it's not so much opinions that makes a bad person as their negativity towards making and largely pushing such opinions for things that really need not concern them (since it doesn't affect them directly). Society's various needs are shared, compromises need to be made, of course, the majority is a weight to give more favor, too (that's political) but the minorities should be respected if they're not affecting the majority's core needs (especially on level of survival; safety, health; and comfort).
if you did your research, you would know that marriage does not have a religious base. It was used by societies in the past for economic and cultural reasons. Marriage has never been a religious concept, that is a relatively new idea perpetrated by churches.

Offline Kio

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1656 on: February 17, 2013, 10:36:20 PM »
Not as the ceremony of matrimony, though, and that's not my opinion, also my dad is a 60(something) year old history enthusiast, non-biased and my mom is a witch so she knows all about witch, pagan, etc, traditions by esoteric teachings.
But even in tribal ceremonies like that by pagans, it was a symbol of maternity to be binded in what was called a knot.
Marriage is only one type of ceremony and that is a Christian-invented ceremony based on the Judaist tradition, and the word is from Medieval CofE English, a man would pay to be wedded to a wife (this was transitioned to giving rings, eventually) as to invest for their children's future and that became a legal lock which is known as "wedlock". Try not to confuse civil partnerships in general those may have very different words and meanings, marriage is a very specific cultural thing, even if people use the word loosely to suit their own interests these days. You could say if you're not religious full stop, you should obtain a non-Christian civil partnership, because if there's nothing spiritual in it for you, why'd you do it in the name of Christian tradition? It only spoils things for Christians, and to admit, that is unfair.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1657 on: February 18, 2013, 12:55:21 AM »
This is a place for venting, not debating. Please stay on topic.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
« Reply #1658 on: February 18, 2013, 02:08:15 AM »
Enough snow already!!! We just got one of the biggest blizzards in history, there is no need for any more of that awful cold stuff!!! I hate driving in it, removing it, generally being outside in it, especially now that most of it is covered in ice!

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~
We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!

• Unique Unicorn
  • Arcane Terrain
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #1659 on: February 23, 2013, 06:27:20 PM »
now I'm pretty sure that I was just a "hit it and quit it". I don't even know why I expect people to have genuine feelings for me  T_T

Offline Bayzan

• Jovial Jaguar
  • Grab the day... By the THROAT!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Germolf's Den
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanized German shepherd fox thing
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 145 Lbs
  • Build: Athletic
  • Currently: Arty! X3
« Reply #1660 on: February 23, 2013, 09:34:46 PM »
It's one thing to have studied and still fail, and another to have studied but didn't get to do the exam.

For the past 2 weeks I've been studying my tail off for a exam that would allow me to enter into a bilingual school. This would've been my first time in a bilingual school, all the othwrs have been only spanish. Today after coming back home from jogging with some friends, I see my mother on the table looking all upset. Before I could even ask she opens her mouth saying that they not accepted me, just because of one low grade in spanish. **censor** hell! Spanish isn't my first **censor** language! Also, how the **censor** can they send a letter SIX FREAKING DAYS EARLY SAYING THAT I'VE NOT BEEN ACCEPTED!?!? I HAVEN'T EVEN TAKEN THE F/ING EXAM! COULDN'T THEY'VE SENT IT TO ME LAST WEEK? Damn it! It's not easy trying to handle school work, their projects and exams, at the same time trying to study for that test and attend to boxing practice. Cause GOD!, who dafuq would like to get mashed-up in the ring during a sparring session, not me!

But don't worry, I'll have a little chat with them this Monday.
Follow me down the path
I will walk beside you
Guiding and showing you the way
I will not leave you
I will be standing on the path watching you
If you ever feel alone
Close your eyes
You will see six sets of foot prints
Two belonging to you, four to me
Then you will know that I have not left you
I will be there to guide you, whenever you need.

My Legendary Drawings XD : http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=22765.new#new
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/bayzan/

Offline Midnight Madness

• Lucifer 2.0 (Doggo Edition)
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 10 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • Absolutely adorable.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycanroc
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 175 lbs.
  • Build: Very well toned, intimidating despite his average height.
  • Currently: Guess who.
« Reply #1661 on: February 23, 2013, 09:42:39 PM »
I'm really fed up with people who think the verb "to judge" is all negative. Ever heard of bad criticism and discrimination? Yeah, those are the negative forms of the word judgment, whereas praise and commendation are the positive. "To judge" sits right there in the middle. Judgments can be good or bad in nature.

So the next time I feel someone is annoying, I'm not going to just suffer being around them because it would be seen as "judging." I'm going to go by that and leave them alone. Is it wrong? Does that make me a bad person? No, I don't think it does. Go ahead, vilify me if I'm wrong. I don't care.

Offline Kio

• Boisterous Bear
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1662 on: February 23, 2013, 09:54:35 PM »
I fail but I could be so much better at what I did if I actually put my mind to it, if only I put my energy into improvement instead of getting depressed and angry with myself.

Offline Subject Sigma

• Avid Aardvark
  • Happy days to you.
    • Awards
  • Species: Ferret Antrho
  • Coloring: Sable
  • Weight: 173 lbs
  • Build: Lean and slim, yet extremely muscular and strong.
  • Currently: Happy and excited for tommorrow!
« Reply #1663 on: March 09, 2013, 05:05:33 PM »
I decided to be open about being a fur on facebook and left a link on wikifur on what the furry fandom was. This was the biggest mistake of my life because now i realize my friends like me more and accept me more than my family. And not only that but my sister, whom is open minded in every aspect and help the LGBTQ community, is a bigot against furries.
 x_x

Subject 1v02P_Σ AKA Sigma uses FCPM (Foundation of the Conservation and Protection of Mankind) Special Operations RIG.

The FCPM GEO Ops RIG provides user survivability and lethality, it's made out of an advanced nano weave which can come together to make a sort of shell. This temporary armor bonus has the ability to stop heavy caliber machine gun shells. Another one of the suit's main features is it's ability to let the user breathe underwater by using a rebreather as well as its ability to become air tight to allow users to survive in vacuums and hazardous areas. The suit additionally has a cloaking ability which gives the user a temporary cloak. It also has the ability to double user strength as the user wills it.

Offline NovaAurora

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum.
  • May the FURS be with you!
    • Awards
  • Species: Mostly wolf, part dragon
  • Coloring: Dark and light gray, with black streaks and dark blue extremities.
  • Weight: 200 lbs
  • Build: Long and lanky, muscular but not bulging.
  • Currently: PC gaming... FINALLY!!
« Reply #1664 on: March 09, 2013, 05:20:36 PM »
My town is the worst at dealing with snow. You know the storm's coming for a week and whaddya do? Nothing! Roads are impassable, cars are spun out everywhere, nothing is salted or sanded, and it's not even a foot of snowfall! I hate driving in the winter...

~*Airforce Fleet commander*~

Come raise your lantern to the sky
And let's illuminate this night
We'll dance like heathens
Around the flames
And while the world sleeps
WE ARE AWAKE!