The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: nice to meet you all.  (Read 2947 times)

Offline TechRoo

• The furry Programmer
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Your anthro programmer...
    • Homepage
    • Awards
  • Species: Kangaroo
  • Coloring: blue / green
  • Height: 6'3 / 1,91M
  • Weight: 154Lbs / 70Kg
  • Build: Sporty/bouncy
  • Currently: Oh no.... This IS my happy face.....
nice to meet you all.
« on: May 11, 2010, 10:31:44 PM »
Hiya,

Normally i never bother with these introduction topics, but i guess ill do the considerate thing and introduce myself.

Where to start..... well i am 20 Year old, work irl as a software development engineer for a robotics integrator(100% geek).
 I am a real apple enthusiast, so i swapped windows for osX a long time ago (exept for gaming, wish they would make more OS X games).
As for my nationality, i am Dutch so expect gramatical mistakes every now and then.
My hobby's are cycling/running, programming (microcontrollers/VB), horseback riding and trying to get my damn(win2008) server to run properly  >:(,

so basicly your typical geek with a somewhat sportier side........... (is sportier actually a word?)

-Trixsie Vixen "Chuck Norris called me Skippy once...  Once!"

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
Re: nice to meet you all.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:43:09 PM »
Awesommeeee!!! :3 I like to cycle tooo! Mainly mountain biking but I do some long distance cycling sometimes ^^
I'm not going to give you anything because I found out that the word 'bed' looks like a bed O.o

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 10:51:17 PM »
Welcome aboard. :)

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline TechRoo

• The furry Programmer
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Homepage
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 10:56:13 PM »
Awesommeeee!!! :3 I like to cycle tooo! Mainly mountain biking but I do some long distance cycling sometimes ^^
I'm not going to give you anything because I found out that the word 'bed' looks like a bed O.o

I only do long distance cycling, but i am planning on getting a mountain bike this summer. I live only 5 Km from the beach/dune(s), wich is a perfect place for mountain biking.
Talking about "bed", its already past 1 over here and i need to get up at 6, so goodnight ya'll.

Offline Righteousbro

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Ekuamahtava
  • Species: Tiger/kitteh
  • Coloring: White and black
  • Height: 6 ft
  • Weight: 150 lbs
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 10:58:26 PM »
Welcome bro! I'm learning programming and stuff but I just started so..... Well I like cycling and stuff, its fun, but I hate my neighborhood so I can't really do much. Well here you will meet a bunch of awesome people! Its pretty fun here usually, plenty of stuff. Hope you enjoy it!

Offline Buddywolf

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Otterly Delicious!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Currently: I am going back to places I once visited frequently! For a short time :D
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 02:39:49 AM »
 :o *bows down before you* It is really nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! Hope to see you around and I never say no to a new friend.  :)
Yeeeah! flyin through space and time!

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 07:49:21 AM »
Yip, yip! Welcome to the forum!
Im Timmy the fox, the only Royal Cutefox around here hehe... and i never say no to get a new friend btw ;)

Apple enthusiast i see? That seems to be teh opposite from me, i woudln't touch anything with a apple on it <.<
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Sparky15756

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • A Wolf Amongst 'Roos
    • Fur Affinity
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf and Lucario, no hybrid
  • Coloring: Wolf: Red 'n' Pink - Lucario: Red 'n' White (instead of Blue & Black)
  • Height: 5'' 7
  • Weight: 116lbs
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Pondering the future demise
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 03:56:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum!
With 955 characters for a signature, I can try make something funny or interesting but no, I'm just gonna sit here and type instead of going to work because breaking the fourth wall is more humour than trying to figure out how I'll get access to my other laptop; picking up my charger that I left at a friends house, around 40 miles away...

Good going Sparky, you did well. On the plus side, it's given you a chance to accidentally revisit some old stomping grounds and see what madness you can create during this seemingly temporarily return.

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 12:18:44 PM »
'Ellos there!
Welcome to the FF.

I'm iKero-chu, the one and only Pirate Ferrachu Ninja.
Enjoy your stay.
:P
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 04:51:27 PM »
Yo! You need to teach me how to do that stuff! I used to try and program stuff, but I got nowhere with it...

Welcome and hope you have a good time! (BE ACTIVE!)

ShadoBrand Candy (1x Original)
Candy made by Mina herself using XS level magic, intermingles darkness and light mana, and compressing it, all in a in a spiffy box. This candy has been the downfall of many a warrior, and long time human users are prone to candy cancer. Only truly strong warriors (Lazguz or otherwise) can eat this candy without ill effects. Comes in 5 diffrent flavors, but  is always inhumanly sweet.

Offline Kiyara

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • This is a rl pic of what my fursona is based on
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: White, Chestnut Brown, Light Brown
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 140
  • Build: Skinny but with a bigger bone structure
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 07:58:10 PM »
Hi hi! I'm Kiyara! It's nice to meet you! I think it's really neat that you're a programmer! ^_^

Offline TechRoo

• The furry Programmer
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Homepage
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2010, 05:12:48 PM »
Thanks for welcoming me guys (and gals), really appreciate it.

Yo! You need to teach me how to do that stuff! I used to try and program stuff, but I got nowhere with it...

I know how you feel ,its always hard trying to learn new programming languages and working with a new IDE.
I am currently still busy re-learning visual basic/Visual studio 2010 for a order/part management program that i am designing for my employer.
Normally i program B&R PLC,s and Fanuc Robots. We also implement sick and cognex industrial vision camera,s, but that doesn,t use a real programming language.

But anyway, i might be able to lend a hand... After all two heads are better then one. ^_^

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2010, 06:00:39 PM »
Welcome to the FF, good to see another programmer here. Well, I barely count as one as I've been on and off with different languages over the last year or two and never really made much progress >.<
Interesting job and hobbies, I must say. And IDE? What's wrong with a good old text editor and the command line? :P (I'm aware of why an IDE is beneficial and can really help with larger projects but I almost always use a text editor myself XD)
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 06:39:21 PM »
O.O
I thought Visual Basic was a dead language!
o.o

Offline TechRoo

• The furry Programmer
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Homepage
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 09:37:37 PM »
Welcome to the FF, good to see another programmer here. Well, I barely count as one as I've been on and off with different languages over the last year or two and never really made much progress >.<
Interesting job and hobbies, I must say. And IDE? What's wrong with a good old text editor and the command line? :P (I'm aware of why an IDE is beneficial and can really help with larger projects but I almost always use a text editor myself XD)

I agree, text editor works just as good(Actually use a plain editor at work to create Fanuc programs).
Only reason why i would use a dedicated IDE because it gives extra functions that are handy/necessary for a project (Visual Studio/MPlab etc).
And i like the coloring that most programs use to define variables, constants, operators, structures/subs etc, makes it easyer to read. ^_^

O.O
I thought Visual Basic was a dead language!
o.o

Still very much alive, last update (Visual Basic 10 / .NET 4) was released last month i think.  ;)