The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Ties of Blood: Of Fire and Steel OOC and Character Board (open)  (Read 16812 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
Ok First things first, the rules
1. There's a post order, follow it
2. no posting characters on the main forum unless I ok them (don't worry I'm usually on every day)
3. No god Modding (no being able to shoot fireballs that are the size of Canada in the beginning, or at all)
4. Have fun.
5. Have good Grammar Bad = "Lol look at t3h nub fur l3t's go kill him lawlzorz." it has to be understandable to the common reader.
6. If you want to be a Bloodline or Turncoat, pm me, I've tried to have people pick either or in the past and it didn't work to well.

This is how your character should be structured, and this board will also go into faction detail.
Name:
Faction:
Clothing: (must include armor/fur)
Powers: (Furs only, elemental powers only, so no random teleportation)
Weaponry (Details further down into the board)
Personal Background: (like a bio just with a fancy name)

Faction List (4 factions, with a pair together to form an alliance of sorts)

Bloodline: Technologically advanced, the Bloodline are probably the most feared of the Factions. Hailing from the Eastern half of the U.S. they came from seemingly nowhere. Completely made up of 'Pure Bloods' they treat 'Furs' as animals, seeing that their belief that the 'Furs' will be no more then animals. All their people are equipped in gas masks or Hazard suits (you need to include that in character sheet) so as to avoid mutation. They use traditional firearms and traditional knives. (Officers red berets, higher up officers have chevrons)

Turncoats: The Furs who have betrayed their friends, families, acquaintances etc. to the Bloodline so they can avoid being experimented on. The Turncoats are granted citizenship within Bloodline controlled settlements and they serve as the front line scouts. Without the re breathers necessary for the other troops of the Bloodline, they are more agile, and capable of hit and run attacks. They can be armed like a normal Fur, or a Bloodline soldier. (the powers of Turncoats are dampened due to their traitorous nature to the other furs, they have little to no understanding of their powers. Turncoats with Red Berets are considered officers)

Furkind and the Outcasts:
Furs: the most widespread of the factions. The furs are just your normal person trying to scrape by, and are the average mutant. Their weaponry consists of items scavenged from the dead, or created from the random junk lying around. Due to their mutated nature, they do not need to wear any sort of radiation protection, allowing for better mobility then the Bloodline. Recently discovered within the furry gene is the ability to control a specific element.

Outcasts: Humans who refused to leave their mutated brethren. They adopted the fighting style of the Furs, which are mostly hit and run based attacks, but they needing re breathers, are more suited to ambush tactics and assault. They primarily use armor scavenged or created. They view the Bloodline as monsters, and they refuse to even associate one bit with them.

Once I approve your character, make an introduction post once the post order is made, I might have a Co-GM with me, so whoever I pick, the rest of you consider their word law, second to mine.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 06:38:51 AM by Gabag »

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Ties of Blood: Of Fire and Steel OOC and Character Board (open)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 12:17:50 AM »
Name: Ryan Dunn
Species: Fox
Faction: Furkind/Outcast
Clothing: Combat boots, standard USMC woodland camo pants, dog tags, olive green t-shirt w/ long-ish brown hair. Fur color is same as AVI.
Powers: Fire
Weaponry: baseball bat complete with nine inch nails sticking out around the business end. (post internment camp)
Personal Background: Once a marine of 4 years working under the bloodline's command, Ryan had been exposed to radiation and was later mutated due to a meltdown clean up incident while searching for furs. He was captured and is currently being held for experimentation.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:25:12 AM by Spike »

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 12:21:46 AM »
the equipment and armor for the outcasts/furs is for when they escape the Internment Camp # 1

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 12:23:34 AM »
...mmmm k.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 12:24:00 AM »
Babe, of course I'm joining. You think I could stay away from this awesomeness? :P Just happen to find it difficult to reply to PM's over the phone. I'll see if I can come up with a char sheet for you.
x

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 12:24:24 AM »
That explains it....

3 outta 7 joining slots filled
Me
Spike
and therebeunicorns (i consider her spot reserved)

This is not the post order
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:31:38 AM by Gabag »

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 12:33:53 AM »
So am I clear to post?

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 12:35:48 AM »
we at least need 5 people, then we'll make the post order

also EVERYONE starts out at Internment Camp # 01

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 12:39:47 AM »
Ok, I'll bite.

Name: Shinzuu Katame
Species: Wolf-Tiger
Faction: Fur/Outcast
Clothing: Usually wears a white gi and a black hakama. (confiscated) and has black fur and silver tiger stripes.
Powers: Not sure if you count light/dark, since they are not of the Basic Elements. I wanted to do Shadow Running, but if that's not allowed, then I'll choose water manipulation like Shinrei.
Weaponry: Weapons.... his body is a weapon, alongside his ability to form blades from water. i kinda wanted to make him like Shinrei to manipulate water, but have limits to how much he can do.
Personal Background: Used to live in a temple that he built for water users. He was the master's right hand and the Head Sempai to the students. His ability to manipulate water was almost unparalleled. However, he couldn't maintain most of his abilities for extended periods of time like his master due to the invasion, so he never finished training. In order to protect the children, he had surrendered himself in exchange for their freedom, but was forced to watch them get shot down after his capture.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 09:03:04 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 12:43:02 AM »
We'll see how I do...

Name: Coraline Skye.
Species: Rainbow dragon.
Faction: Furkind.
Clothing: A short black dress (sort of ragged from her time in her camp) and black suede knee-high boots (flat, no heels).
She looks like this:
Her eyes are the ones at the bottom:
Powers: Airbending.
Weaponry: She has none (for now).
Personal Background: Coraline lived a pretty normal life for a Fur. Things seemed to be perfectly fine until one day her parents were captured while they were out. It wasn't too long after that that she was captured while walking around town and taken to a camp. Though she has a peace-loving nature (which is probably why she ended up being able to control air, since airbenders hate confrontation), being in the camp for so long has made her a rather eerie one to be around. Of course, her completely pitch-black eyes don't help.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 12:48:07 AM »
question. why Canada?

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 01:17:27 AM »
I chose Canada, because it's a relatively large place, and i figured, 'why not?'

and Shinzuu

What's Shadow Running and Shinrei?

Vee your in as well

5 out of 7 slots filled
Gabag
Spike
Therebeunicorns
Vee Smith
and Shinzuu

Now for my Character
Name: First Sargent Juno Harkov
Species: Human
Faction: Bloodline
Clothing: (in purified zones) Standard military fatigues, urban cameo
(outside purified zones): Canadian C4 Gasmask, Urban cameo fatigues, Powered Combat Vest, standard combat boots, and a standard US Marine Helmet urban cameo color scheme
Weaponry: Steyr AUG with attached ACOG scope, Jericho 941 F handgun, serrated 7 inch combat knife.
Personal Background: When the bombs hit, Juno wasn't even born. It was during the exodus of the Pure Bloods that Juno was given life.  His early years he had to deal with the hardships of the exodus and the lack of technology. When he was around 16, they finally found the Bloodline, and with it, Juno found a job.

When he was 18 he signed up for the military, and after finishing basic training, he was assigned to the 105th Blood Infantry Brigade. Two years later, his Brigade begun the campaign west ward, and along with the invasion, came the experimentation on the natives. Now Juno and the Brigade have been ordered to hold position and defend it. His current assignment is in Internment Camp # 01 as a simple guard.

Post Merge: April 06, 2010, 01:20:50 AM
This is the Post Order (hopefully it works)

Gabag (because i technically made an introduction post already)
Shinzuu
Vee
Therebeunicorns
Spike

Skips in the post order are allowed if it's the person's turn and they choose to skip, but they gotta post it .
18 hour gap between posts until your automatically skipped and receive a strike (Shinzuu your system works very well seeing as how i'm copying it)
3 Strikes and your out

So Shinzuu you can make your introduction post whenever your able
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 01:20:50 AM by Gabag »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 01:40:32 AM »
Ok, forget the shadow running. (It's basically being able to disappear into a shadow and move within it to other shadows connected to it. The only limitation is that he wouldn't be able to jump light into another person's shadow. the shadow must be connected. But forget about it.

I'll show some pics of Shinrei.
you'll see that in the second pic, his blades were made from water.
the third pic is kinda what his distance attacks are like. this one is "Sui Nana Hou Ryu" (Seven-headed dragon missile) the translator spelled it wrong.. in the story, it takes up his ki.
he can also make a mizu-bunshin (water doppleganger) if it will surprise his enemies.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 01:48:43 AM »
your good

but you need a water source to make these weapons am I correct?

and that doesnt include people's internal water.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 02:02:41 AM »
exactly. he can only make his weapons when there's real accessible water available. He has a secret technique, but that's not until much much later. also, to use the water dragons, he uses his life energy, so he can't use it endlessly like his master.