Author Topic: Ask the Kat  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Ask the Kat
« on: March 05, 2010, 02:27:46 AM »
Well, instead of continually answering questions via PM or getting off topic elsewhere, I decided to open my version of Meet the Staff, minus the Staff part. I am Shinzuu Katame. My fursona is a wolf-tiger. A black wolf's body and fur, with silver tiger stripes. And since no one reads my profile and assume my avi has a diseased eye, his right eye is neon green and feline.

I have served in the Air Force for 5 years, 1st year was ROTC in high school. I am actually 5'11", one foot shorter than my fursona. I have studied martial arts since I was 3 and am an avid disciple in 2 different arts. I was born in 1986. Yes, I am Asian, no I am not Japanese. I speak it, but I am not it. My greatest pet peeves revolve around incompetent people. I am a very aggressive and competitive person. I am also brutally honest and not afraid to say what's on my mind. My mate is VeeSmith and I'm one of the very jealous significant others that you hear so much about. In other words, the jealous boyfriend. I tend to be very prone to violence, and I have a mild case of insomnia. I keep in very good shape and do occasional weight training. I am a very big computer nerd and one of my favourite past times (outside of pc/video games) is writing/drawing/RPing.

Any questions you have for me, please post here, and stop flooding my inbox or getting me in trouble for going off topic elsewhere. Question may include the popular "do you hate me?"

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Ask the Kat
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 02:38:00 AM »
I don't remember you writing an intro so I suppose I'll just say.. Welcome to TFF! *Hugs the Shinzuu* Do you hate meeee? *Puppy Eyes*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 02:39:49 AM »
no, I don't hate you, White. *gives White a snugglez*.

Oh, just a side note, also. Yes, I do do anthro art, but please don't ask for anime art. I've long since retired, and I find myself unable to get back into that arena.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 02:41:46 AM »
You remind me of a person

Hey aren't you Richard Simons?

(if you watch Family Guy you would get the joke)

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 02:44:19 AM »
You remind me of a person

Hey aren't you Richard Simons?

(if you watch Family Guy you would get the joke)
I saw that episode, and no I don't have anywhere near the physique of that little man. Do you always like trying to find out what irritates me? because you have been doing a fine job of doing just that for the last month. Please leave the irrelevant and pointless questions out of this thread, please. This is a serious thread.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 02:45:10 AM »
Jeez fine

What Martial Arts are you an avid disciple in? (you mentioned 2)

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 02:48:14 AM »
I've studied all 3 original variations of Tai Chi (the martial art, not the exercise, though the exercise is just basically Tai Chi martial arts warm-ups), since I was 3 years of age. At 13, I took up an old, 600 year-old Japanese Martial Art, called Hokken Ryu. I have been studying the Kenjutsu (sword art) aspect of the style. Everyone who studies it has to learn its hand-to-hand aspect before taking a field. (Oh, in case you need a reference, I am 23 right now)

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 02:49:24 AM »
What inspired you when you were making your fursona?

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 02:54:34 AM »
Vee was actually my inspiration and also the whole reason I became a furry. I wanted to be her wolf, but at the same time, I had my pride as a tiger (born in 1986, year of the tiger). The creation of my fursona's physical appearance came from my personality of being shrouded in darkness with hints of light and after my actual physique, and my wish to be another foot taller. The eye thing was actually to distinguish him as a particular hybrid, the eye giving him the sight of a feline, while having the sight of a canine in his other eye. So you can say that the right eye was his enhancement. The scar on his back was actually based off an old scar I had when I was first studying in Hokken Kenjutsu Style. The scar I had was roughly the shape of a small katana on my lower back, which I promptly had removed by a dermatologist in high school because I had joined the swim team. And I had always wanted to grow a long, thin pony tail.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2010, 02:56:27 AM »
One last question before I quit interviewing.

When and why did you create your Kin Chronicles series?

TTFN

Ta ta for now

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 03:12:49 AM »
Kin Chronicles had been inspired by many things. First off, I've been writing books and stories for a number of years, but I have yet to find a publisher who is willing to print them for a decent price. Now. All my books up until December of '07 had all been realistic fiction, western fiction, completely futuristic, or copyright infringing spoofs. It has also been the same for the 4 manga that I've written. In the past 7 years, a particular author had always caught my eye and had written the most captivating series I've ever read in my life. That series is called The Sword of Truth Series written by Terry Goodkind. I took all my knowledge of mythology of every kind as well as the concepts of a fantasy fiction/medieval fantasy and decided to come up with something new. After I met Vee, I thought to myself, "you know, many people are oblivious to furries or have very bad misconceptions of furries. Maybe I should write a book series as captivating as Terry Goodkind's and introduce the world to furries." That, of course, went off without a hitch, and went through a 9 month planning process. I did my best to match the style of Mr. Goodkind and weaved plot and sub-plot webs for the story. Having accomplished that had kept the dream going. Now, as you know, I had previously contacted DelRey Publishings through one of their already-existing authors. However, my lack of creativity of names led me to the place where we are today. The rest, you know. However, this has all been a great drive for me to keep at it. Originally, I had planned for a trilogy. However, after joining this forum, ideas and inspiration had begun to fill my mind and I had come to make it a 5 book series. I already know what each of the first four books will be about, though no details, minus the first two books, which are both in the writing or planning stages now. This is the first time I have created a series, as well as my first in writing a fantasy fiction. Now one of the greatest contributions to me even thinking of tackling this actually came from my frequent readers back in Illinois who have read my books since high school. And as an added drive for me, I decided to brush up on my "Ye olde english" as well as write it in British English instead of American English, though some characters will talk as if they were from there. It's because of readers like you and many others that continue to inspire me to keep writing this series, as well. Knowing how you all feel and knowing that people actually read it, brings great warmth to my heart.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2010, 03:17:19 AM »
I know I said I would stop asking questions for tonight

but why'd you all of a sudden stop updating your Kin Chronicles writings here? (not really suddenly but..)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 03:19:00 AM by Gabag »

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 04:23:38 AM »
Thread moved to the Games board.

The Meet and Greet section is reserved for welcoming new members.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 11:27:42 AM »
I know I said I would stop asking questions for tonight

but why'd you all of a sudden stop updating your Kin Chronicles writings here? (not really suddenly but..)

I actually took a break from it for February. I had many things going on, including doing commissions and requests. I recently just finished drawing them, and just need to color ALL of them. And my neck is starting to hurt from it, but I have begun writing again. Should be up soon.

Thread moved to the Games board.

The Meet and Greet section is reserved for welcoming new members.
Thanks, Zeph. I really didn't know where I was supposed to put it, since people have been asking me questions of myself in the last month, many resulting in me getting reprimanded for going off topic in another thread.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 03:01:26 PM »
Are you a furry?
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!