The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Counting to 1,000,000  (Read 746236 times)

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: isopod
  • Coloring: Green
  • Build: Cuddly
  • Currently: Chilling
Re: Counting to 1,000,000
« Reply #171960 on: October 26, 2023, 04:26:10 PM »
171,961!

I’ve been trying to learn BSL (British sign language) for a while but know very little, I never know how to keep going with something once the initial motivation runs out  >.>
  • Signature art by: me :)
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Sonas: Lumi - teal house cat | Beepy/Beewee - black house cat | Iso - green isopod | Juniper - blond house cat (it’s a little crowded in here isn’t it)

"Look at you. Sailing through the air majestically. Like an eagle. Piloting a blimp." - GLaDOS (Portal 2)

Offline Firox

• I is very friendly! No worries
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • (still reply to my other sonas, in signature)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox *Flareon*
  • Coloring: Main fur red, do have fluffy yellow fur on head tuft, mane, and tail, dark red inside ears
  • Height: 3ft / 91 cm, lenght: 3ft 6in / 106cm, tail: 3ft 6in / 105cm
  • Weight: 38 lbs / 17kg
  • Build: playful, caring, competitive
  • Currently: friendly and full of fun - love chocolate chip cookies!
« Reply #171961 on: October 26, 2023, 05:16:43 PM »
I never got into Sign language either, now would be useless for me.  I might as well learn Braille instead, would be so much useful.
'Tis the season for chocolate, spooky ones that is. Helloween... I mean Halloween.
Info on my sona
Vay, female, Vaporeon, New York CIty, New York
Joseph, male, Jolteon, Kansas City, Missouri
Aaron, male, Flareon, McMinnville, Oregon
Arval, male, Umbreon,  San Francisco, California
Jyo, male, Espeon, Seattle, Washington
Linette, female, Leafeon, Biloxi, Mississippi
Grace, female, Glaceon, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sherrie, female, Sylveon, Las Vegas, Nevada

8 opposite gender mates:
Leonardo, male, Vaporeon, Venice, Italy
Robyn, female, Jolteon, Bridgetown, Barbados
Fleur, female, Flareon, Marseille, France
Aycan, female, Umbreon, Istanbul, turkey
Elise, female, Espeon, Basseterre, St. Kitts-Nevis
Zoran, male, Leafeon, Velez, North Macedonia
Florian, male, Glaceon, Craiova, Romania
Seth, male, Sylveon, Ashgabath, Turkmenistan

My other supporting sonas:
Charlene - Bobby - Marrie - Milo - Vanessa - Zoey - Jeremy -Yana - Kumar - Francine - Rorch - Marvinne - Darsha

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #171962 on: October 26, 2023, 09:24:37 PM »

I’ve been wanting to learn Braille too  ^_^, though for me it’s more of a “just in case/because it’s interesting” type of thing.
I think I’ve seen like Braille displays that can connect to your computer and display the on screen text, as well as like books and things, physically as braille - very cool stuff.

Ah, I’m excited for Halloween. Planning on watching some spooky movies with some friends  ^_^
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Sonas: Lumi - teal house cat | Beepy/Beewee - black house cat | Iso - green isopod | Juniper - blond house cat (it’s a little crowded in here isn’t it)

"Look at you. Sailing through the air majestically. Like an eagle. Piloting a blimp." - GLaDOS (Portal 2)

Offline Firox

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Main fur red, do have fluffy yellow fur on head tuft, mane, and tail, dark red inside ears
« Reply #171963 on: October 26, 2023, 11:47:43 PM »
Where I'm learning to live with blindness, seen them, they feel amazing.  I can't wait to learn how to muse them.

For Halloween, I'll probably just watch the 'Treehouse of Horror", or more accurately hear them, those spooky episodes from the  Simpsons.
Oh I know, I'll probably try to put on a costume on my Umbreon brother, it still doesn't like any kind of costumes or accessories.  Will be fun trying.
Info on my sona

8 opposite gender mates:

Charlene - Bobby - Marrie - Milo - Vanessa - Zoey - Jeremy -Yana - Kumar - Francine - Rorch - Marvinne - Darsha

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #171964 on: October 27, 2023, 04:13:45 PM »
171,965!

Decided to start learning typing braille today (more specifically UEB) using a free site called uebonline.org. It seems pretty good, taken me good a few hours to learn all the letters (learning contractions will probably take a lot longer  <.<) theyve got a nonvisual access completion mode but i dont know what it's like.

Costumes sound so cute!
Me and my friends are planning on dressing up when we hang out, ive got a bunch of clothes thrown together into a sort-of Chell costume.  ^_^
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Offline Firox

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #171965 on: October 28, 2023, 03:12:08 AM »

One day I'll learn it too, today got the chance to attend a convention for blindness, and learned so much.  learned about a keyboard that works with the braille users, and if I can ever get my paws on some, I'll use them.

Last time I tried to put on a simple scarf on my Bree brother,  I ended up on the loosing end of the battle.  XD  had the football scarf wrapped around me instead.
Info on my sona

8 opposite gender mates:

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #171966 on: October 29, 2023, 10:20:24 PM »

Hope you had a good time at the convention  ^_^!  Today I finally got round to that sewing I was talking about - and, while fun, it really does not come naturally to me =W= I think my sewing machine started growling at me
(I have very much neglected all my homework doing this - uhoh)

Your Bree brother sounds very determined haha
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Offline Firox

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #171967 on: October 30, 2023, 01:33:09 AM »
It was fun and exciting, got the chance to learn so much, there where almost 500 or so attendees, majority either blind or low vision, the few with full sight where there to assist others, or where volunteers to help us with low sight moving around. 
Was my first actual convention I had ever attended, and the next time they come around I know I'll go.

That sewing machine sounds like it needs more loving attention, just speak to it softly, petting it behind the ears, then the next time you use it will purr instead of growling. Heehee.
Aside from that cat-pun, it must be hard trying to use one, I tried using one when I was about 14 or so years old with my grandma helping out, and gave up on learning it.

Yes, that's true, sigh! I will try again later on.
(I did gave all my 8, 8 well, 7 other sonas their own personality to make them different.  There are 8 possible Eevee evolutions that us Pokemon fans nicknamed Eeveelutions. So far 8 of them, in my sonas, along with me, decided on 4 brothers and 4 sisters.  Each unique in their own ways. Something silly that is.
Vay loves making juice and other drinks.  Joseph is the prankster and loves lemon desserts.  Aaron myself or by my nickname Firox more like a 'kit trapped in an adult's body' playful and loving chocolate chip cookies.  Arval is the one that dislikes clothing and accsessories and absolutely hates the word cute especially when describing him.  Jyo is the feline in the group and loves all the typical cat-stereotypes such as grooming, seafood, and yarnballs. Linette is the youngest of all my sonas, loving gardening, and playing with children, yep she has an obsession with tail  playing especially other's. Grace feels like the most competitive of all, will try to lie and cheat to gain the upper paw when ever she cans, she also loves making ice cream desserts for all. Sherrie is the most caring and oldest in my sonas, she also is a licensed surgeon so helps out with anyone in need.)
Info on my sona

8 opposite gender mates:

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #171968 on: November 01, 2023, 01:00:04 PM »

Wow, I'm glad that count to a million is a thread that's still alive. And the fact that we're almost 20% of the way there is insane.

Hello Firox! I don't think I've met you before, I'm Anoni, long time member of TFF. How are you?

Oh also:

1*7 - 1 + 9 - 6 = 9
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Firox

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #171969 on: November 01, 2023, 01:46:36 PM »

I'm doing fairly well, enjoying life best I can. Been active mostly in a few topics that remain open, including this one.  I'm sure I greeted you a few times, hard to remember.
I did took a bit of a medical leave/hiatus in February 2022  until September 2023, and of course losing access to the internet, but now that I"m back, I try to remain as active as possible.
Unlike in the past, where I had good vision, now I have very low vision, maybe 1 to 2 percent left, permanent retinal damage, it won't prevent me from trying to have a good time.
I'm slowly adjusting to the new way of  navigating TFF with the screen reader, and less use of the usb mice.
Surprise that I was able to navigate the forums without much trouble.  I was expecting it to be such a hard dilemma.
Info on my sona

8 opposite gender mates:

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
« Reply #171970 on: November 01, 2023, 01:56:25 PM »

Wow, that's crazy, do you mind if I asked what happened?

I also figure that my equations aren't gonna be very friendly to your screen reader, so sorry about that.

1^(7*1*9*7) = 1

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • The last of the echidnas
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mobian Echidna
  • Coloring: Hot pink
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
« Reply #171971 on: November 01, 2023, 02:02:19 PM »

The Echidna is back! Wooow, what a week it's been! Glad to see everybody here is in good spirits; you all deserve the best of the best  ^_^
Yes, it's surprisingly easy to navigate the forums with a screen reader, isn't it!? I use the MacOS default one, it works a charm

ZARA-RA!!

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Steam
    • Awards
« Reply #171972 on: November 01, 2023, 02:05:25 PM »

A lot of visually impaired people today, I mean I am too but don't require a screen reader.

Anyway, I apologize I must go to bed! I'll talk to you tomorrow.

For now:

- 1 + 7 - 1 - 9 + 7 = 3

Offline Firox

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #171973 on: November 01, 2023, 02:07:48 PM »

It's alright, the doctors say its most likely from the complications of Diabetes, and also partially my own fault in a way such as when I was younger not being very active, high sugar with soda and candy bars, and being not too active. When I had a chance to make a difference with medication and doctor's appointments, well kind of did the bad thing and ignored them since I felt alright, and thought I didn't need them.
Kind of adjusting and learning to live with it. 
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 02:09:45 PM by Firox »
Info on my sona

8 opposite gender mates:

Offline ZaraRaEchidna

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • The last of the echidnas
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Mobian Echidna
  • Coloring: Hot pink
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: WAKE UP, BIMMY!
« Reply #171974 on: November 01, 2023, 02:42:18 PM »

Sleep well, Anoni!
Aah, we never can know how these things will evolve - don't be hard on yourself, Firox, dear.
Myself, it's hereditary - my aunt on my fathers' side was blind! Acutally, I was just thinking about this - this is where I first learnt braille, as my father knew it because of his sister. And he taught it to me, first for that braille puzzle in one of the Pokemon games, then it just sort of stuck with me, and I kept learning it. Didn't know I'd need it, but it's funny how these thigns work out, isn't it?

ZARA-RA!!