The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: best/worst mario game  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Ares the Ram

• Diamond in the rough
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
best/worst mario game
« on: March 14, 2012, 08:30:14 PM »
So I got to thinking the other day that the mario games are overall really good, educational and cdi excluded. So I'm wondering what everyone's number 1 favorite mario game is, and their least favorite.

Here are the rules.
Only pick two games, best and worst. No ties, no exceptions.
Pick from the following games:
Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2 (JPN, lost levels)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA, Doki Doki Panic)
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2: 6 golden coins
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Mario All-Stars (Compilation of 1, 2, 3, and lost levels with snes graphics)
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
New Super Mario Bros. (DS)
New Super Mario Bros. (Wii)
Super Mario 3D Land

If there are any games I missed, feel free to make your case for why they should be added. The CDI and educational mario games don't count for this because I said so. :P

My favorite would have to be Super Mario World, because of how much I played it as a kid and its just so big and the cape was fun to fly with. My worst would be super mario land because of how odd and different it is from the others. Sure Super Mario Bros 2 was a different game, but that had different characters to play as, and most of the enemies from that are now mainstay. Super Mario Land had koopas that turned into bombs, stars that played the can can, and a fire flower that shot 1 super ball that ricocheted everywhere. Its not a bad game by far as I have fun playing it on my 3ds, but out of all of the games, i could do without that one.

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
Re: best/worst mario game
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 03:59:33 PM »
super mario land for been too confusing as for what the area themes are supposed to mean
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 10:09:24 PM »
For me:

Best is and will always be Super Mario world 2: Yoshi's Island because I played it so much when I was a little kid and the levels still impresses me and some of them (even to this day being 18 and playing it since almost 10 years) I am amazed about the complexity of some levels in that ame that I just can't complete 100% with all the red coins, flowers and stars <.< . Really awesome game to play :D

Worst for me is probably Super Mario Bros. 2 because I really didn'T like the game play at all... For that serie, I think Super Mario Bros. 3 is definetly a lot better than the second as super Mario Bros. 2 levels were really uninteresting plus the fact that I really don't like the bosses =/

And I do think you've missed the paper Mario serie in youir choises Macid :P Never actually played them so I can'T name you reasons why they should be up there but I think maybe some other people enjoyed playing them in their childhood ^-^
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
Best: Super Mario Sunshine

Great: Super Mario 64/DS

Good: Paper Mario

Okay: New Super Mario Bros.

Bad: Super Mario Galaxy

I honestly don't like several of the newer games that come out these days, it's a shame that it's becoming more about graphics than length of gameplay or overall quality. The galaxy series really made me turn away as I really disliked the chaotic atmosphere it seemed to go with and the organization of going from place to place was way too frustrating for me to enjoy. As for the DS and Wii Super Mario Bros. new versions, I've heard they are horribly short and are pretty boring without other people playing along. So it seems to be pointless.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 03:52:48 PM »
IMO

BEST = Mario 64. So many memories and nostalgia :D

WORST = Super Mario Sunshine. Never liked this game, it was so cluttered and was the only mario game I thoroughly disliked.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 10:55:53 PM »
Wow to be honest I loved all the ones I've played as I'm a huge Mario fan, and I haven't really played a lot of the older ones, but considering what Scar said, I think I might agree with SMB2 being the worst, and even then I still enjoyed it quite a bit.

And the best Mario game I've played probably would be Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Super Mario Sunshine was another really cool Mario game since it was one of the most different Mario games ever created from the series. I beat the game, but with cheats I think, because it was too difficult for me at the age I played it.

And then Paper Mario 64. Was a very creative game and it has big nostalgia properties as well.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 03:58:09 AM by Cchytale Murilega »
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline maggintons

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter
  • a cat that purrs/meows/licks/sniffs etc
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • my little ol youtube account
    • Awards
  • Species: maggcat
  • Coloring: black with a white chin and chest
  • Build: rather skinny but cute looking
  • Currently: doing college stuff college people do
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 12:14:46 PM »
Best: Super Mario Sunshine

Great: Super Mario 64/DS

Good: Paper Mario

Okay: New Super Mario Bros.

Bad: Super Mario Galaxy

I honestly don't like several of the newer games that come out these days, it's a shame that it's becoming more about graphics than length of gameplay or overall quality. The galaxy series really made me turn away as I really disliked the chaotic atmosphere it seemed to go with and the organization of going from place to place was way too frustrating for me to enjoy. As for the DS and Wii Super Mario Bros. new versions, I've heard they are horribly short and are pretty boring without other people playing along. So it seems to be pointless.
have you played other platformers?

there are gimmick's in that game that other devs would have made a whole game out of to me thats value for money but.. fair enough super mario galaxy 2 was better  anyway[size=78%] [/size] 0:)
this is the signature of maggintons patented under the law within his imagination :3

Offline MrRazot

• Resident Nice-guy
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Marching onward on my Quest
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lanner Falcon
  • Coloring: Selection of Browns
  • Height: Aprx 180cm
  • Weight: Aprx 50kg
  • Currently: Well, it was a good run.
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 11:39:36 AM »
best:   super mario land 2 (classic game from the SNES and keeps to the game-play that we all love)

worst: super mario bros 3 (confusing and i cant stand the design of the game or the life system)
  • Signature art by: MrRazot

Offline Sigcutio

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • Your friendly neighborhood sea otter!
    • Awards
  • Species: Sea Otter
  • Currently: Otternizing
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 05:34:02 PM »

And then Paper Mario 64. Was a very creative game and it has big nostalgia properties as well.

I'm in agreement here. As a kid, Paper Mario was one of my favorite games and it was also the first game I beat so I cherish it  ^_^ From what I recall its sequels were not bad at all either.

In keeping with the list, however, I would have to say Super Mario Galaxy is one of my favorite Mario games. As soon as I jumped into that first star launcher I knew I was playing something special and I haven't forgotten the feeling.

As for my least favorite I would have to say Super Mario Bros. Wii never really caught my interest. The main pull was multiplayer, but it felt too distracting for a serious playthrough and the worlds themselves did not really draw me in either.

• Avatar by: Courtesy Fuzzymutt! Thank you very much ^^
  • Signature art by: Grisly! Thanks again! :D

Offline Kamoku

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I smell like feet.
    • DeviantArt
    • Kamoku's Google+ Page
    • Awards
  • Species: Gooey Balloon Red Fox
  • Coloring: Orange: body, Brown: tip of ears/paw pads, Orangeish White: tip of tail/belly/bottom of snout/inside ears, Yellow: eyes, Black: pupil/nose
  • Height: 4ft
  • Weight: 10lb
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2012, 11:09:37 PM »
Super Mario Sunshine for sure.  That game was amazing; I used to play it 12 hours a day when I was a kid.  :P
As for the other, I'd say Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (simply because it's the only other Mario game I remember and have really played either :P).

I should play moar Mario games...  :P
  • Signature art by: Me