The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How big is your...music collection?  (Read 3321 times)

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat/snake hybrid.
  • Coloring: Mostly skin, occasionally tan fur.
  • Height: 6'
  • Weight: 155 lbs.
  • Build: Thin but athletic.
Re: How big is your...music collection?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 01:15:36 AM »
every possible genre

Don't believe it, sorry.  The only way you can say you like EVERYTHING is if you truly love nothing, in my opinion.  You'll always manage to find something that rubs you the wrong way, even if you have to get into really obscure genres.

you think cds take up a lot of space??

when my dad dies, i get his vinyl collection (seeing as i'm a musician by profession).

I have a small collection of vinyl, maybe 150~200 records, and they take up enough space as is.  I don't have the room for them as is, couldn't imagine having a whole room for them.  I mean, I could IMAGINE having that much room, but not the time to actually listen to all of them.

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 02:44:08 AM »
every possible genre

Don't believe it, sorry.  The only way you can say you like EVERYTHING is if you truly love nothing, in my opinion.  You'll always manage to find something that rubs you the wrong way, even if you have to get into really obscure genres.

Well, I was exaggerating a bit but I'm pretty open minded about a lot of music, and you're right I don't love any one genre, I'll go through phases where one genre is my favorite one month and then another the next.
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline MiltoniusPrime

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
  • Species: Bat/snake hybrid.
  • Coloring: Mostly skin, occasionally tan fur.
  • Weight: 155 lbs.
  • Build: Thin but athletic.
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 03:12:40 AM »
every possible genre

Well, I was exaggerating a bit but I'm pretty open minded about a lot of music, and you're right I don't love any one genre, I'll go through phases where one genre is my favorite one month and then another the next.

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh, I know it's a lot easier to say "everything" than "I like a lot of genres, such as *lists genres for a few paragraphs*".

Offline Alexei

• Crafty Canadian
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
  • To the moon
  • Species: Cheetah Fox!
  • Height: 180 cm
  • Weight: 66 kg
  • Build: Relatively Lean
  • Currently: Collecting the pieces of my life and putting them back together.
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 03:26:30 AM »
every possible genre

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh, I know it's a lot easier to say "everything" than "I like a lot of genres, such as *lists genres for a few paragraphs*".
No problem, I didn't take it personally.  :P
  • Signature art by: The Black Keys

I must admit
I can't explain
Any of these thoughts racing
Through my brain

Offline Revel

• Vibrating Furby
  • the minister of lost souls
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter
  • Coloring: light brown
  • Weight: 130
  • Build: lithe
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 06:36:27 AM »
11,000 ish songs :V   everything from Pretty Lights to Dream Theater.   Prog is my main style though, nothing quite like listening to something 26 minutes long and loaded with some the most technical instrumentals known to music.  If anyone here likes prog too, shoot me a message, I'd love to hear some new tunes, and am more than happy to share my findings too!
" I'm erratic and bold,
    problematic and mean,
   Enigmatic and cold,
    charismatic and clean."

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 08:03:39 PM »
Huh, this makes my collection (which I was quite surprised the other day when I realised how large it's become) pretty small by comparison. I've got roughly 900 or so for a grand total of just over 2 days non-stop of music. Probably doesn't help that I generally don't listen to music that's currently popular and that I don't really have a genre that I like as a whole. Generally speaking I tend to like individual songs rather than artists or genres, although I'd say that a decent portion of my music would probably fall into the "rock" category.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

TheLazyFur

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 07:51:21 PM »
I have somewhere around 200 songs, I don't have the money for too many songs. :(

Offline NJMike

• Quizzical Quail
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Crux
  • Coloring: Black and gray
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 150 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic/toned, very flexible.
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 08:32:59 PM »
I seriously need to get a new iPod or something; I have 1,064 songs (6.36 GB) and I only have 4 MB of space left...
  • Signature art by: Puncia

Offline Scar WhiteDream

• Noble Newt
  • Art by Soryane :)
    • Awards
  • Species: Pure artic Husky
  • Coloring: Black fur with white belly. Paws are ¾ black and ¼ white. Tail is white`^ with a black stripe all the way. Ears are white too and I have black spiked hair.
  • Height: 5'6" ½
  • Weight: 179 LBS
  • Build: Well shaped
  • Currently: On the edge of a breakdown =/
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 12:40:29 AM »
My old Itunes from my old laptop said I had 756 songs... Actually on my new laptop, I only have like 200 something songs but that's because I'm redoing my whole Itunes library.

11,000 ish songs :V   everything from Pretty Lights to Dream Theater.   Prog is my main style though, nothing quite like listening to something 26 minutes long and loaded with some the most technical instrumentals known to music.  If anyone here likes prog too, shoot me a message, I'd love to hear some new tunes, and am more than happy to share my findings too!

I wuvs prog music :o ... PM me... I kind of only know DT in that branch ><
Be an Angel, play like a Devil... Rock is my live, so I'll be a Badass Angel.

Puncia's Fundraising Project

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailent, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven." Such as the rule of honor. - Lamb of God