The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Gateway to the Forgotten city RAPTURE...  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Alice The Necrofox

• The Necromantic Mechanist
  • Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Back in black! Or rather a putrid shade of green
    • Awards
  • Species: Undead Fox/Demon Hybrid
  • Coloring: Green fur
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Build: Tall, well built, young ish
  • Currently: Re-integrating with TFF. SO EXCITE
Gateway to the Forgotten city RAPTURE...
« on: December 01, 2009, 04:56:14 AM »
  1959, new years day.
The city of rapture was at its heyday... no constraints, no problems, no misery. Everyone was prosperous and the advanced genetic splices available made life wonderful. However, nothing is too good to be true. Life as the men and women of rapture knew it was about to change completely.

You come about in the city sometime after 1959. After Jack left the city. Rapture is a mess. Splicers are desparate for adam, and groups of citisens have banded together in the search for this substance. Big daddies are random encounters, looking for the little sisters they mourn for.

Welcome to rapture. The fastest growing pile of junk in the sea.

PLEASE POST ON THE OOC BEFORE POSTING HERE!!!

Post Merge: December 02, 2009, 02:47:16 AM
Shiro rooted through the corpse of the splicer in front of him, looking for eve hypo's.
Alchohol...alchohol...money...pistol...
"Darn, no eve. On my last two."
He looked up at the wreckage that was Arcadia. The tree's were fine, but that was the only thing that was. The place was overgrown. After Jack had put the Lazerous vector in the machine, the plants had grown doubletime. He barely recognized the place. He knew he should move on to richer pastures. Most of the splicers here were dead. The buzz of his security bot, knicknamed "Scrappy", for all of the fixes on him, was hovering by him. Shiro loved machines. Since most of the time, they were his only companions, he found them to have a "soul" of sorts. Or maybe it was the adam making him think that. He couldn't tell.
Scrappy's sensors went off, as a splicer foolishly walked through the door to be hit by the combined pistol and machine gun of Shiro and Scrappy.
Shiro rooted through his corpse.
Chips...pistol...aha!
an eve hypo was on the ground on the left of him.
Arcadia was indeed becoming dry of people. Time to move to Fort Frolic.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 02:47:16 AM by ShiroChan12 »
  • Avatar by: Kazna (Waiting for him to give me his FA again)
  • Signature art by: None

Offline Renaud Magicpaw

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • Watch my paws, and they will do things unheard of
    • Awards
  • Species: Lombolf
  • Height: 5' 10" "
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: tubby
Re: Gateway to the Forgotten city RAPTURE...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 12:14:45 PM »
Walking through the Gardens of Eden, Rosco hums happily to himself.  "I like how much calmer things have gotten since the little sisters left, although.....the adam was nice....." he thinks to himself happily, not minding the hornets crawling about in his fur.  "And it seems my little friends like it in this place also, it's so....tranquil..." at that he cuts off as he hears something, and he hides behind a tree, standing still, as he blends in with his environment, like a chameleon, actually unaware that he does so, just thinking he's very good at hiding, as a small group of thugs walk by he thinks to himself 'Why is it every time I try to go for a nice little stroll those things show up, can't I relax and enjoy myself in piece?' as he glares at the thugs before he turns to his buddy and says

"Hey.....I get the feeling we're being watched!" his friend replies "Of course were bein' watched ya idjit, dey got cameras every where!" and the first replies "Oh yeah....fergot 'bout that." before they continue on

'Whew, I thought he'd sensed me for a minute there' Rosco thinks to himself as he waits for them to leave, before he caries on, strolling about the garden idly and enjoying himself, as best he can, in this underwater relm.
Read the left column then the right column

Times change, and promises are broken        |   Life is short
Life goes on and yet it stops                        |   Yet the soul is eternal
I have much to give so have this token         |   Your words a port
And get some chocolate from the shops        |   For feelings, internal

Life is short so do not wait                          |   Go seek the love
Take love by the horns                               |   Who's soul is yours
Loyalty is a wonderful trait                           |   They are your dove
But be wary of a rose's thorns                     |   Who's love is lores

Things that live                               |   Join now in the search
Must always die                               |   And find your love
Yet do not dive                              |   They'll be your perch
Into this lie                                     |   As you are their dove

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 06:09:27 PM »
Inside the first atrium from the Neptune's Bounty Bathosphere, Wulf was busy watering a few plants that the sprinkler system neglected. Then a shot rang out and he looked down the bridge and at the lower level. A houdini splicer appeared in a mist of blood and threw a few fireballs at an unknown assailant. "Get your grimy mitts off those herbs you scoundrel!" Wulf then heard a painful wail before a splash, followed by silence. "Dr. Kishtov, nice to see you around here!" Wulf said with an elated tone while waving. The splicer looked up and a smile crossed his twisted features as he waved back. "Almost done Wulf? We're heading onto the next Atrium to clean it out of intruders..." Wulf nodded and hopped over the bridge, landed right next to Dr. Kishtov as they left for the next Atrium...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 07:09:34 PM »
Dr. Parker sat in a chair looking over a corpse screwed to the table in front of him.  He rifled through a bag sitting in his lap and pulled out a single potato chip.  "Why did you have to go and die on my.  If only you weren't so involved in your work then maybe.......but then again, if I hadn't have been so involved in my own work then maybe I could have helped somehow...and maybe I wouldn't have accidentally altered my genetic code." he thought to himself, munching on the bag of chips.  He crumbled the bag up and threw it in a corner.  "Well back home I go."  Parker spun his revolver around his finger and walked out the door and towards his apartment in Apollo Square.

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 06:40:44 AM »
"Scrappy, look! A splicer, but he is moving like he is hiding something... sic him!"
Shiro took aim and shot the haphazard splicer. Nothing fancy, just pierced the leg, but he landed on an oil slick. Shiro smiled. He lifted up his left hand and burned that splicer to a crisp. He died long before the screaming stopped.
"Not the most silent kill in the world, we will probably have splicers all over the place now. Lets just see what you... oho! That is a lot of adam. And in a Sister's needle too! Wonder where he got it... no matter. I could get a few upgrades with this."
Footsteps and talking made Shiro think twice. He left a small amount of adam and made it look like an accident. He could still get modifications for the 100 or so adam he had found.
Looks like it would be a good day after all.

Offline Ho'ne Diheart

• Gregarious Gnu
  • :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Ghost Bolf (bear/wolf)
  • Coloring: black and redish brown
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 190
  • Build: Stocky
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 09:25:20 PM »
On the other side of the city in a medic lab a cryogenic paitent starting to melt. Seconds becomes minutes. Minutes became hours. Hours became days. Soon the paitent becomes fully functional. "HUFF! HUFF! Where am I?" trying to get warm, he crawls out of the cryogenic tub. He walks out to see his city, his home, in ruins. "What is going on here. What happen?" The patient walks around aimlessly wondering where he is at. He draws a blank. He can't remember a thing. CLATTER boxes fall and a splicer appears "Excuss me! Please! What is going on?" The splicer just looks at him. "Sir? Please, I don't know what is going on." The splicer did nothin for a bit, then he just just walk up to him. "ARRRGGGHH!!!" the splicer comes at him with the lead pipe in his hand. The patient runs away, looking for anything to fend for him self. He trips and fall. "UMMPH!" as he hit the ground hard. He reaches out in desparation. "WOOSH!"  a box came at him levitating in front of him. Without thinking he threw the box at the splicer. CRASH The box hit the splicer knocking him uncounsious. "HUFF! HUFF! WHAT WAS THAT?!" looking at his hands wondering what happen. He gets up and look at the splicer. "You won't be needing this" reaches down and takes his lead pipe. What in the wold has happened here

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 04:00:59 AM »
Shiro walked around Fort frolic, taking Eve when he could, mostly getting a net gain not loss. He started towards the Medical bay, cause he had been hurt in his last few battles.
"What is this?" Shiro said as he saw the audio diary on the ground
*Kxkxx... This is Doctor Suchong, experiment 4553, in Cryogenics. Our experimentee is entering the chamber now... only time will tell if this important person will survive the period of time until the cryo ends.*

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 10:47:43 PM »
Dr. Parker sat up straight in his chair when he heard the buzzing noise coming from one of Suchong's own personal computer on the desk.  He stood up and walked over to the desk, checking the monitor.  "What the heck is this?  It's some sort of file that just opened up on it's own."  He read the file over and over again.  It talked about one of Suchong's final experiments before he died.  The screen was halfway busted but he could barely make out what it said.  Suchong had been working on a cryogenics project that had been forgotten since his death.  But now the cryo tube had been opened somehow.  He was going to have to go check this out.  If it was an unaltered human then he could restore himself back to his original form.  Dr. Parker checked the computer again for the location of the project.  "Blast it all!  It's in the Medical Pavilion.  I hate the Medical Pavilion.  This trip isn't going to be very fun, but I have no choice.  I have to go."  He filled a bag with a few supplies and headed out the door.

Offline Ho'ne Diheart

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 07:52:07 AM »
I have been walking for hours, not seeing one soul. I soon reach a urban neighborhood. As I keep going, I notice a house. I stop and look at it. I walk up on the door step. I don't reconize the house at all, yet I feel like I am at home. I open the door, only to find a mess. I find a family portit. A lovely woman holding a beautiful baby. Next to them is me. I am in the picture. Flashes of my memory comes into my mind. From my life, to my marrige, to my child. I only remember very little. "Ookami...That is my name." aoustonished "This is my home. That is my wife, Shela, and my daugther, Julie." I look upstairs to my bedroom. I slowly open the door. "No". My wife and child lying on the blood soaked bed. "NOOO!!!!" Sobbing on the floor. "WHY, LORD! WHY!?" CRASH! CLATTER! stop crying, slowly creeps down the stairs. I saw a female splicer lying on a couch. "Who are you? What are you doing in my house?" Crackling "Your home? This is my home" picks up her shotguns "You are trespassing. I claimed this home, when I killed those two." Pointing in the direction of his bedroom. Enraged with fury, I raised my hand picking up the splicer. "I KILL YOU!!! I KILL YOU!!!" thrashing the splicer against the walls. SNAP as the splicer neck snaped against the walls. Drops the splicer, then drops to the floor. "ARRGGGHHHH!!!"

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 05:21:27 AM »
"What the bloody..." Shiro muttered as he came near the Urban area and heard the screams as someone sounded like they were being torn apart, then a bestial scream pierced the air.
"Ooookay... maybe i'll just wait out here, see if it will come out. Scrappy, go over there, if i give the command, sic him."
He imagined the sentry talking back to him, telling him he would.

Offline Ho'ne Diheart

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 05:31:30 AM »
After awhile of self loathing, I went up stair to wrap my family in bed sheets, I carry them downstair to the back yard in the garden, where we often relaxed. I soon, go to my room to change i my favorit clothes. As I walk down stairs I notice the shotgun. It looked like one I used to own. Taking it seeing how it is the only logical choice I can think of. "dang one shell" as I looked into the chamber. Seeing how there is nothing left for me here, I set out to seeking any one that has sanity left in them

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 05:33:02 AM »
"Well, Hel! He looks human! More human than the rest of us."
Shiro slowly walks out of the shadows...
"Heyo! You there! You got any spare eve? i am a little low!"
Shiro prayed this would work...

Offline Ho'ne Diheart

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 05:37:14 AM »
looks at the person "Eve? I am sorry, I don't know what you are talking about" then looks around for any one else. "Quite frankly, I don't rember much. Just my name and my family. That's it. Please tell me what has happened here."

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 05:42:02 AM »
"Don't know what has been going on here? What you do, crawl out from under a rock? Rapture fell into civil war over the genetic splices called plasmids. They can let you do amazing things like this."
Shiro sets a barrel on fire a ways a way with his firy hand.
"Although, some of them had some side effects like insanity... wait... why aren't you all spliced up too? You look much more human than most of us."

Offline Ho'ne Diheart

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 05:51:12 AM »
I stare at out of austonishment as the man sets the barrel on fire. "Not quite, I crawled out of a cryogenic tub." Hearing, this brings back more flashes, "Yes now I remember. I do belive I do have some eve. I keep some in my house, it is more than enough for us to last us for awhile." starts walking towards his home "How long has the war has gone on?"