The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Thank YOU!  (Read 7144 times)

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
Thank YOU!
« on: November 30, 2009, 07:54:36 PM »
With December starting tomorrow and Christmas (and my birthday) getting closer and closer it is the time when money becomes tighter and we all regret eating too much!

I know Thanksgiving (for those Americans among us) has passed but I wish to take this opportunity to thank all our supporters who donate monthly to help offset my costs of continuing to run a free community as large as this. Due to our regular supporters and an additional donation from another member we were able to achieve and exceed our monthly goal. This means that the entire costs for next month have already been paid, which given the current time of year, benefits me greatly.

I wish to thank: WingedZephyr, White Wolf Guardian and Vosur for continually supporting the forum. This also extends to Xegras, KittensTemptations and Dessum Ryugen who have all donated at least once.

For anyone interested Vosur (our biggest supporter) has donated over $850 since we started accepting donations. Anyone want to try and top that?

If donations continue to exceed our goal then it is likely a donation will be made to a charity of your choice, this is still to be fully decided and depends on the future support given. I am more than aware that not everybody can donate due to age Which leads us to the next section.

Thank you to every single member of this forum for visiting, enjoying and using the community I have worked so hard to maintain and run. Without you to use the forums and IRC chat there would be no point in the existence of any of this. So thank you for all being members here and inviting your friends to join.

As always I will continue updating, bug fixing and acting on suggestions YOU make, this community is here FOR YOU and as such anything you want to see, let us know, however small or silly you think it may sound, suggest it anyway, it may lead to a brilliant addition. I do have some changes pencilled in for next year but please let us know if you want something adjusted, changed or added. Comic hosting was recently added and we have 3 comics being hosted. Other ideas like that are more than welcome.

So, once again, thank you to you all.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Thank YOU!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 08:21:14 PM »
Thanks Tweak ^w^, it's all for the longevity of the forum.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 09:36:19 PM »
I applaud you all.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Vver

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • All around nice guy
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: White and grey
  • Height: average
  • Weight: average
  • Build: average
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 10:20:54 PM »
:3 Thanks to Tweak and all of the mods.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 12:08:08 AM »
It should be me thanking you, zeph and all other mods for doing all this work so all members can enjoy the forum, and for keeping the forum nice and friendly ^_^

And btw, only reason i havn't donated is because i can't donate using paypal, if u can allow some more ways to donate like by sms or sumthin i'd gladly donate ;)
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 01:03:42 AM »
I'll say, "No problem. It's my job." to those of you thanking the admins and mods.
And for Tweak, I only wish I had the money to be donating myself. You deserve the help for all the work you've put into this place.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Dessum

• Friendly Flying Wolsky!
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Expect the worst and hope for the best.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My IMVU Homepage!
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolsky (wolf-husky) with white feathered wings
  • Coloring: Different shades of grey, black hair, red eyes, wings are white
  • Height: Approx. 180cm
  • Weight: Approx. 11 stone
  • Build: Strong, quite muscular, nifty wings
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 07:05:38 PM »
*Claps* A big thank you right back to you Tweak! And the same to everyone else here on the forums :P Long may it live!

Offline Something

• TFF's personal Victim
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • Insert here
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 08:41:06 PM »
It should be me thanking you, zeph and all other mods for doing all this work so all members can enjoy the forum, and for keeping the forum nice and friendly ^_^

And btw, only reason i havn't donated is because i can't donate using paypal, if u can allow some more ways to donate like by sms or sumthin i'd gladly donate ;)

Yeah, i would totally donate if it was possible that way.
Ă„nyway THANK YOU tweak for keeping this forum Up^^

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2009, 08:54:53 PM »
I will explore some other donation methods over Christmas and see if I can sort something out.

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2009, 02:02:39 AM »
Sounds awesome :3
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 01:02:30 AM »
My appreciation extends once again to all those who helped to donate this month and once again reach 100% of the amount requested.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 01:05:57 AM »
Couldn't have done it without Vosur :P
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 04:23:24 AM »
seriously you guys donate a ridiculous amount. My mum would kill me if I spent that kind of money on ANYTHING!

well done
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline HowlTheGrayWolf

• Foxy Fox
  • I need someone to draw me a fursona, darn it!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: A mixing of many unique colors that form into a graish look.
  • Height: 6 foot 8 inches
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Large, fit and muscular. (It's not oversized, but very nice none the less.)
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 04:26:08 AM »
I wish I could donate to this site, but my parents stop me from doing so.

Thanks to all the donaters, you have made my membership here possible, same goes for everyone else in this community.
A man of science,
a man of integrity,
a man of logic,
that's who I am.