The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Old Game Nostalg' Time  (Read 3512 times)

Offline Sync

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Lurking
    • Awards
Old Game Nostalg' Time
« on: November 26, 2009, 02:29:50 AM »
Post up one of your favorite games from back in the day.

For me - THIS. Mmmm, tasty.

I think I'll go play some now, as a matter-a-fact.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 07:16:10 AM by Sync »

Steam: Boozel  /// XBox GTag: Boozell          
Add me for good times!

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Old Game Nostalg' Time
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 09:16:24 AM »

i can play it today and its as fresh and amazing as ever
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Sync

• Avid Aardvark
  • Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Lurking
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 09:22:42 AM »
RAGE I always wanted that game - I have the original. Shame it doesn't support multiplayer anymore...

Might have to pick it up off Amazon...

By the way, press M to match the speed of your target.

By the way, this:

Steam: Boozel  /// XBox GTag: Boozell          
Add me for good times!

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 09:50:13 AM »
Press Tab to activate afterburners

another brilliant game of old, quite similar to Freespace, was the Mechwarrior series. Microsoft totally messed up by not supporting Mech 4 properly.

But I feel like I'm getting 4 birthdays at once because there are 4 different mechwarrior projects going on right now.
There's an official revival from the makers of Mechwarrior 2 (The Crysis of it's day, but much better. The first HD game.)
There's a full conversion Crysis Mod called Mechwarrior: Living Legends, being made by the BF2142 team.
There's a revamped version of the mod remake of Mechwarrior 2, called Assault Tech 1: Battletech
And finally, there's Mechwarrior 4 with expansion packs and all Mektek mods all for free

I love it.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Something

• TFF's personal Victim
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • Insert here
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 04:33:34 PM »
Tekken 3;the music, The stages, the characters i remember everything from this game.
Street fighter 2; first game i played, ever
Silent hill; best psX game ever.
tomb raider the last revalation and chronicles;Overwhelming with nostalgia ^^
contra 3 the alien wars;Just pure fun :D and this is the first game i've ever beaten on hard (i was 4 years. 4 YEARS! and i can't do it now when i'm 14 <.<)

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 04:44:41 PM »
Another game that I loved back in the day, and still look back on with fondness is the grand daddy of the realistic platformer, Prince of Persia.

I played that game so much back on an MS-DOS PC using Xtree. That and KEEN... but mostly the Prince. I think from then on, I became a pure PC gamer. Before then, I had an Atari 2600 and a Sega Master System II (the cheap nasty version). It had sonic, so I was happy.

Offline Keon

• Vibrating Furby
  • Why do tomorrow what I can finish today?
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Brown, Black, White, and
  • Height: 5' 3&quot;
  • Weight: 110 lbs.
  • Build: Athletic
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 05:05:47 PM »
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz109/ahdonttouchthat/megaman2box_front.jpg
this game was great, I still play it from time to time.

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 11:25:25 PM »
Well my favorite old game at this time would probably be Half-Life: Opposing Force

It's one of my favorite games of all time because I really liked the AI squad even though I would never allow them to fight because I hate watching them die, it's kind of like a competition in itself to keep as many of them alive as possible :P. Adrian Sheperd is the main character, and he's quite a trooper to survive Half-Life 1's underground complex Black Mesa from the military cover up to the massive alien invasion. Unfortunately today there is no continuation of him yet officially from Gearbox, because it left off with...

*Spoiler Alert* Adrian getting captured by the unofficially named "Gman" who talked about his business group who didn't trust him enough to offer him a job yet so they put him in a place where he couldn't harm anyone and then Gman walks away and leaves Adrian until the screen blacks out and that's the end of the game. I'd really like to see a sequel of this game :)
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Tyla

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 11:54:38 PM »
This is 2002, does it count?

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 05:41:31 PM »
I'd really like to see a sequel of this game
as good of a game as it was (it was AWESOME), it just cant have a sequel. Shephard's out of action and the Earth's military is completely gone. Playing a combine is possible though, and there are plenty of mods that do it (though not anywhere near as well as Gearbox Software managed.) Frankly I think if Valve do anything in that direction, they'll do it themselves which means if they ever do one, it will take ages. They're thinking of doing an Alyx and Dog spin-off though... only as an idea right now though.

This is 2002, does it count?
pushing it.

also, who remembers this:

Atari 2600 was awesome.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 10:40:52 PM »

The flight sim that gave me the choice to be evil
and really evil with the Emperor's Secret Order

fear me Admiral Zaarin, for I will destroy you.....
you begin as a simple tie fighter pilot, seen as expendable, but then as you advance in the campaigns you quickly work up a reputation for being an Ace pilot.
Fighting off rebels, pirates, traitors, and maruders, you begin to receive permission to fly experimental craft such as the Tie Defender and the Missle Boat (the two most powerful craft in the game, being the fastest, most heavily armed, and having incredible shields for a fighter)
Unraveling conspiracies, escaping traps, and helping to make the Empires victory at Endor a true victory. Maarek Steele is the main character, and he is a monster of a pilot.

Offline userstupidname

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Panthera tigris
  • Coloring: darkish yellow with black spots
  • Weight: *blush*
  • Build: oh cman
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 01:50:45 AM »
Oh my first memory of actually seeing a game was ohh i can't remember then name... basically you were a giant toad/frog who punched the living [censored] out of other stuff it was also known for being extremely hard.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 05:03:06 AM by WingedZephyr, Reason: Foul language »

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 01:54:17 AM »
Oh my first memory of actually seeing a game was ohh i can't remember then name... basically you were a giant toad/frog who punched the living [censored] out of other stuff it was also known for being extremely hard.
you mean this?

where giant frogs made of muscle save the world and kill everything... including each other
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 05:04:27 AM by WingedZephyr, Reason: Foul language in quote »

Offline userstupidname

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Panthera tigris
  • Coloring: darkish yellow with black spots
  • Weight: *blush*
  • Build: oh cman
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2009, 02:35:40 AM »
[censored] yea
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 05:05:14 AM by WingedZephyr, Reason: Foul language »

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2009, 03:06:38 AM »
My favorite old 16bit game of all time :)

Sonic 3 and Knuckles, few games were as great as this game during its release date back in 1994 besides a few other noteworthy titles as Mega Man X, Doom II, Tekken, and Breath of Fire (North American release dates) *Just my opinion of course x.x*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer