The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I'm so tired of this  (Read 352 times)

Offline Tapeworm

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Squadelah!We're off
    • I could put some boirng name here...
    • Awards
  • Species: Skygger, or worm demon
  • Coloring: chartreuse, hot pink, rainbow
  • Height: it depends
  • Build: Tape is thin, but not in a healthy way,Skelly is pudgy.
I'm so tired of this
« on: November 24, 2009, 11:10:37 PM »
It's mostly solved now.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:22:41 AM by Tapeworm »
We don't know how she died, but she was decapitated.

Offline Vver

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • All around nice guy
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: White and grey
  • Height: average
  • Weight: average
  • Build: average
Re: I'm so tired of this
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 12:23:03 AM »
I do chores as well, and though it's a bit tiresome sometimes and I don't get an allowance, I really don't expect one because I just like to do things for my mom. She gave birth to me, she takes care of me, I live in HER house, so I feel like it's the least I can do to give a little back. Watering the garden, doing dishes, putting away groceries, etc.... Those are all such menial tasks compared to what she does for me. I'm grateful to be able to do those things for her. She's my mom. She deserves the best.

Please do not take offense to this, but I fee like you sound a bit selfish. I doubt that's the kind of person that you really are, but from reading this, that's what I get from it. Remember, you live in your parents house where they pay the bills, buy the groceries, provide you with utilities and stuff. If you don't get an allowance, is it really such a big deal? If you don't go on a vacation right when you expected to, is that really a big deal? Those are nice things, yes, but they're not imperitive. Most parents do the best for their kids, and I think that's the most that we, as their children, can ask of them.

Of course, I don't know you or your family, so I really can't make any judgments, but that's just how I feel from what I've observed from reading.

As for the tablet, maybe try easing it into a conversation if you're really don't wanna ask directly. Maybe you could say something along the lines of "My friend, [so and so] just got this really cool new tablet for her birthday...." :] Just a thought,