The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What Would you do if Zombies invaded the Earth!?  (Read 6381 times)

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
What Would you do if Zombies invaded the Earth!?
« on: September 29, 2009, 10:16:31 PM »
What would you do When Zombies Invaded!?
I for one would not go to a carnival as ZombieLand proves, carnivals arent very safe
If you actually decide to reply to this,
state what you would do, then we will take your ideas, and apply them to a small fun rp where the purpose is to survive!

(if this topic is in the wrong place, lemme know)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: What Would you do if Zombies invaded the Earth!?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 11:20:22 PM »
Surround myself with an office worker, a vietnam vet, a college girl and Francis. Then run for the military, taking as many pills as possible on the way.

I would have the sniper.

But it does depend. Fast or slow zombies?
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 11:41:33 PM »
Surround myself with an office worker, a vietnam vet, a college girl and Francis. Then run for the military, taking as many pills as possible on the way.

I would have the sniper.

But it does depend. Fast or slow zombies?
i mean an actual zombie invasion not left 4 dead

we all know Louis wouldn't be able to take all those pills without dying from OD
but the zombie type poses a good question

so talk how about you'll survive BOTH types (aka slow and fast)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 11:45:36 PM by Gabag »

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 11:56:50 PM »
Fast zombies, I really would just get out. Go to an evac zone or a military stronghold. Staying outside is too dangerous.

Slow zombies, I would hide in my kitchen until all the canned foods are finished, then move my weapons and barricades to next door. I move up the street until either all the food or all the zombies are gone. If all the food is gone, I would become a zombie hunter, raiding other places whilst enacting the zombie eradication procedures that would have obviously come into place, since scientists have shown that the best way to stop a slow zombie outbreak is to kill them all as soon as possible so that the disease can't spread. So far, they havent done a study for fast zombies.

Here is the BBC coverage of the study: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8206280.stm
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 07:21:29 AM »
Well as I've read from the Zombie Survival Guide *AWESOME BOOK* I would hold up somewhere like a shopping center where I have ammo, guns, food, water, shelter, tools, and generators with gasoline and battery supplies.

The best weapons to use are the ones that are long or mid distance, to actually use something like a chainsaw is suicide because you'll get infected blood all over you and chainsaws run out of gas quickly. The preferred weapon would be something like a jade or something that has a blade on the end of a pole kind of design, anything that keeps you and a zombie away from each other while being able to sever the zombie's brain when attacking.

Another thing is something like machine guns are no good against zombies because it's just a quick waste of ammo and bolt-action or single shot because they are too slow in times of when being attacked by multiple zombies, as the only way to kill a zombie is by decapitation or destruction of the brain by any means necessary. A semi-automatic weapon that acts as a rifle with a large clip such as the M16 or AR-15 would be best suited for a zombie invasion gun-wise as ammo is easier to come by and more of it can be carried.

A sanitary food, water, and waste area is necessary to avoid infection. Avoid zombies at all costs, do not stay in a "closely fit" area where there's barely any space to move around as there is a low chance of escape if over-run by zombies.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline artimus

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6' 1''
  • Weight: 189
  • Build: Average build, fairly skinny.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 07:57:29 AM »
Hmmm...with my Fallout 3 experience, I would thank the lord there weren't any giant blue crabs in this armageddon scenario. Those things are CREEPY. Then I would barricade myself in a room with only 1 door and 1 window that is 20 feet high above the door (for the light). I'd keep a magnum and aim for the head. Ya gotta shoot 'em in the head!

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2009, 09:55:53 AM »
to actually use something like a chainsaw is suicide because you'll get infected blood all over you
Unless you have cuts or ulcers, being covered in blood doesnt really matter. Ofcourse a face mask is never really a wrong way to go.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 03:20:49 PM »
Okay but if any of that blood gets on your lips, your eyes, or seeps through your clothes onto your private regions, then you'll get infected. I still think it's a risk I wouldn't want to be taking, and you definitely don't want to be wearing a mask because you'll need a full perspective to avoid getting flanked. Then the factor of gasoline comes into play, the heaviness of the chainsaw, swinging it around making you tired, and then the part of when you attack the zombie has the chance to hit you up close because you're in his face trying to cut off his head or sever him down. Then there's also a psychology that comes with a chainsaw where it will give people that "drive" to kill more and more, and then what will happen is you could become careless and get infected accidentally, overrun, run out of gas, become exhausted, and maybe even die if running out of gas at a very inconvenient moment.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 03:54:16 PM »
While the idea of using a chainsaw is a bit silly, general melee weapons aren't so absurd. A proper wakizashi could come in handy, considering it can take a head off in one swing, unlike most other blades.

As for infection, a mask doesnt have to become blinkers. Those big Oakley ones have a very good range of vision.

Personally I wouldnt take the risk not to have a mask since if you're gonna be in a wide open place like a shopping centre that has plenty of entry points, then you need be able to take out those that come close without you realising, and if you shoot them, there will be blood. Plus you have to be careful of corpses swelling up and exploding when you're around.

Also, guns have just as much chance of giving people the maniacle will to kill as a chainsaw.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2009, 04:16:33 PM »
Yes that is very correct, that's why it is preferred to use semi-automatic, so then you don't feel encouraged to go automatic with the ammo supply, just shoot em dead one at a time :D

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2009, 04:22:25 PM »
Plus you have to be careful of corpses swelling up and exploding when you're around.
I know this is the fun rp area and all, but corpses swelling up to the point of explosion? I think that only happens in rpgs like Diablo or a really cheap version of left 4 dead.

Anyway, I would start with just a motorcycle (long distance for little gasoline), constantly on the move, with only a side-arm and two melee weapons. If I find a place to hide in that can be held up for a good month or two, thats a bonus. But I never want to stay in the same place for too long.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2009, 04:36:07 PM »
True about the staying in one place thing, but my theory is that if you lived in a small enough town, you wouldn't have to worry about zombies after you kill the few that could even exist, it's very likely the zombies from other towns will stay in their towns, as the Zombie Survival Guide has shown, zombies retain a liking to urban places, so they will stay away from immigration and country usually because there is no prey to be found. So... it all depends on the location of where you stay :D

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 06:01:12 PM »
I know this is the fun rp area and all, but corpses swelling up to the point of explosion? I think that only happens in rpgs like Diablo or a really cheap version of left 4 dead.

Actually, it is quite possible that a body, swollen with gas could explode, especially if a stray bullet hit one. That's why you have to be careful when stabbing a carcass, especially big ones like whales. Lots of little holes is good cus it lets the gas out slowly, without everything shooting out of one high pressure hole. If left alone, they dont tend to explode, but merely release the gas out both ends, which is probably where the idea of a groaning zombie comes from, cus when the gas is released, it goes through the windpipe, past the voice box, and causes a groan or moan to emanate.

Offline Squirm

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • The Revolting One
    • Awards
  • Species: Rat (currently)
  • Coloring: pale flesh with sparse brown fur.
  • Height: 4'7"
  • Weight: 53 lb.
  • Build: Emaciated
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 05:44:47 PM »
I'd go insane; Animated corpses defy all known reason, so I'd probably think I could fly or something equally stupid and jump off a roof.
"We'll have to take him with us."
"Take... Take him where?"
"In search of his brain, doctor."

- Kirk and McCoy

Offline Dessum

• Friendly Flying Wolsky!
  • Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Expect the worst and hope for the best.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • My IMVU Homepage!
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolsky (wolf-husky) with white feathered wings
  • Coloring: Different shades of grey, black hair, red eyes, wings are white
  • Height: Approx. 180cm
  • Weight: Approx. 11 stone
  • Build: Strong, quite muscular, nifty wings
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 09:42:30 PM »
I would basically take Left 4 Dead into account.
 I would grab any weapons I could and just SURVIVE. I have a slight advantage since I can fly so that would help.
I would generally just probably keep moving if I could, find a group of survivors and like I said earlier, simply survive.