The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Incredibly Frustrated  (Read 535 times)

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Credits of this avi to my favoraite artist. :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Height: 5''6'
  • Weight: 60 pounds
  • Build: slim
Incredibly Frustrated
« on: September 26, 2009, 01:54:33 PM »
   Sometimes I just feel like I try really hard to do something and its taken me a while, but I still get not credit for it.
Then, someone else comes by who's barely begun and they get far more credibility for what they're doing which is exactly the same as what i'm doing!!!!
   Maybe they're just better than me, maybe what they're doing appeals to people more, or maybe its because they're more popular...but it still makes me hugely angry and makes me just think 'what on earth's the point?!'

I dunno, i'm thinking about giving up a lot of things-- my comic for example. I just feel like I don't have enough of a fanbase to really keep going, or enough people actually like it!
Wherever the wind blows, you will hear my voice whisper in your ear.

http://comics.thefurryforum.com/xleena/ Check out my webcomic and subscribe! (website made by Tweak!)

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
Re: Incredibly Frustrated
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 02:11:45 PM »
Well you've had 900 different people view it, it can't be that bad.

Sometimes you just need to stick with something, you think I'd still be running this if I hadn't forced myself to continue doing so?

It brings in no money, bar donations, and I have to carry all the cost. Some of the members here can be extremely rude and very rarely do I get a word of thanks for all I do. I don't expect tonnes of praise every day, but a "thanks" every now and again wouldn't go amiss.

Now why do I do it? I enjoy working with everyone here and supporting and watching a community grow which I have a part in, it can be frustrating to see others get praise for something but equally the praise you get for your comic is great to see, given I have a part in that as well.

At the end of the day however tough it may be to keep going at this moment in time, keep at it, it'll be rewarding at the end, guaranteed.

And remember, I'm not biased on your comic, I make nothing from it, but seeing the pages before everyone else (mwhahahaha) I can safely say it's only going to get better and I'm proud to be supporting you with it.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 02:19:23 PM »
You certainly shouldn't give up on things, Xleena. I don't even have to see the comic pages early to know it'll get better. Webcomics inevitably do get better as you go through the process, learning more tricks and improving on your art. It's not easy, but you should keep trying. I always like to read it when you have new pages up. :)

If you're not enjoying making the comic at all though, I wouldn't tell you to force it and make yourself miserable over it. But if you still enjoy working on it, and I hope you do, keep at it!

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Credits of this avi to my favoraite artist. :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Height: 5''6'
  • Weight: 60 pounds
  • Build: slim
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 02:41:08 PM »
Thanks guys, that actually made me feel a lot better.

I really love making troubled eyes; i'm passionate about it and always want to do the best I can, I guess I just feel so unsure about if people were actually liking it! :D
(That isn't me going OMG COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT!)
I do like the feedback I get, and I have got pretty good views, I think because its my first time ever doing something like this it makes me panic!
(And also WZ, thank you so much for all the positive feedback and support you've given my comic!! -love-
Tweak, you are also a legend for everything you do for me)

I guess its not only the comic, but other matters -like lately i was straight away replaced with a promiscuous drunk girl my age by my best friend who fell out with me over nothing and its made me feel super sensitive to stuff... and I hate wingeing more!!

-deep breath- But really WZ and Tweak-- you have made me feel a lot better. :3
Wherever the wind blows, you will hear my voice whisper in your ear.

http://comics.thefurryforum.com/xleena/ Check out my webcomic and subscribe! (website made by Tweak!)