The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Furries on Tyra Banks?!  (Read 943 times)

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
Furries on Tyra Banks?!
« on: September 18, 2009, 09:41:10 PM »
This is a discrace...   :$
http://furryne.ws/story/ct/Media-Coverage/furries-on-tyra-banks-show---/

Go to the link at the bottom of the page if you dare watch it....

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Furries on Tyra Banks?!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 09:49:05 PM »
"Uh oh! This video does not exist!"

either way it's another step in an unsurprising direction. This stuff happens.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 10:23:44 PM »
ALL the way at the bottom.

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • you know what...I don't think I know you
    • Awards
  • Species: vulpine
  • Coloring: rusty red, white, and black
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 155lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 10:55:08 PM »
she gunna get stabbed by me.
The world can be a horrible place, so give it a taste of it's own medicine

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 10 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 11:01:34 PM »
Easy there Wolfgang... I wouldn't post things like that. Intention is almost as bad as actually doing the act.

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 11:47:56 PM »
It's  not intention (least I hope it's not,) but strong words should not be spoken lightly in the public eye. After all, this is a completely public website.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 11:48:52 PM »
   Personally I think a lot of people need to grow up, what they did on that show was hardly cringe worthy. Out of the three couples there they were the only two true to each other. When Tyra made her ignorant assumption that furry = Beastiality they kept their cool and tried to explain it in as tasteful a way as possible. They didn't use crude terms or terminology they simply explained what it is they liked.

Yet furries blow it completely out of proportion like somebody just stepped on your grave. The furry fandom is NOT your fandom it belongs to everybody who is a part, no matter their tastes. Its the same way with any other walk of life. Hate to rain on your parade but there are a lot of furries that like what those two in the video did and if that insults you then your in the wrong place. The fandom is supposed to be about the acceptance of one anothers loves and passions but the second one of those passions goes against your own you throw your arms into the air and scream bloody murder. How can we expect others to stop hating us because we like animals when we hate others of our own fandom for loving what they love.

Frankly the whole reaction by the furry community given the event is laughable at best. The other two couples had just as outrageous if not more dispositions, yet the two that were part of this fandom had what was little more then a fetish and everybody is up in arms. Get over it

Offline AirRaiser

• Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • It's AR for short
    • Peanutbutter & Sandwhich
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline Gargoyle
  • Coloring: Black with white streaks
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 175lbs
  • Build: Femine
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 05:18:11 AM »
Sometimes I'm happy I don't have TV. To put it bluntly, you take the bad with the good, and learn to deal. No I haven't watched it, no I wont watch it because I don't feel like wasting my time. I for one choose to ignore the stupid people in the world. (As there are so many.) I will happily skip along enjoying my life, I'm a furry if people have an issue with it, say it to my face or go ahead and be that looser who must put others down because they are insecure.

I will be attending FurFright this year, in the 3 years I've been going I have not once seen this slander people talk about. I've walked around the mall there too, in partials. I get asked a lot of questions, but nothing disturbing. So people if you feel like getting worked up over some women with a HUGE (SERIOUSLY IT ATTRACTS YOUR ATTENTION LIKE A ZIT ON SOMEONES NOSE) forehead thinks of a group of people, then you seriously need to rethink being a furry.

It's a topic people don't understand fully, and it's a stupid talk show. If it gets them good ratings they are going to do it.

Yet furries blow it completely out of proportion like somebody just stepped on your grave.

I fully agree with you there...

::::
Commissions are OPEN
::::

"I do not conform to popular stupidity"
"TURBO FAT" - Shoebox

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 06:36:25 PM »
I know, I'm sensitive. :D And I know that the fandom is everyone's fandom. (It would be a lonley fandom if I were the only one in it... XD)
And I agree, there has been more negitive things said on tv about furs.
But still, I needed to rant, ya know? It kinda made me... Not angry, more dissapointed that they kinda played into some of the sterotypes of furries doing that in their fursuits, and they kinda involved spirituality in it too.
Some furs see themselves as their animals, but they know that not all do. It was good that they dispelled the beastiality thing, though...
Though they got banned from FA for this, and I guess that was going too far with them.... So I'm good now. [/rant]

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 03:42:20 AM »
That's one strange show...never mind the furries.

Offline bigmanrob

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Fit
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 04:06:30 AM »
   Personally I think a lot of people need to grow up, what they did on that show was hardly cringe worthy. Out of the three couples there they were the only two true to each other. When Tyra made her ignorant assumption that furry = Beastiality they kept their cool and tried to explain it in as tasteful a way as possible. They didn't use crude terms or terminology they simply explained what it is they liked.  

I agree with you on that part. I thought Tom Cat and Chew Fox did a good job with the questions and answering them, but it was the way she was presenting them. Almost all the questions were like "how they do it" and making it look like all furries are "sex mongers" which we all know is entirely untrue and even some don't make a tail to wear.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 01:32:18 PM »
Honestly, I don't understand why people are so angry.. If anyone hadn't noticed, it was more Tyra's snide remarks putting anyone down if that. Chewfox answered the questions, I just think she should have maybe added, "But not all are like that" or something. It also doesn't help that she went on a Tyra show about weird fetishes about it.. But meh. It's not like furries skip around the community helping old ladies across the street. And it's Tyra Banks. Think about what an intelligent crowd that show attracts. It was lol worthy.

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum. Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 01:58:53 PM »
Honestly, I don't understand why people are so angry.. If anyone hadn't noticed, it was more Tyra's snide remarks putting anyone down if that. Chewfox answered the questions, I just think she should have maybe added, "But not all are like that" or something. It also doesn't help that she went on a Tyra show about weird fetishes about it.. But meh. It's not like furries skip around the community helping old ladies across the street. And it's Tyra Banks. Think about what an intelligent crowd that show attracts. It was lol worthy.

Agreed.
:P
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Tyla

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 06:15:14 PM »
I have the opinion that talk shows, are just a whole load of junk. And a lot of the time, the people being interviewed aswell. The person talking, and the crowd, are really, from what I've seen are often deliberately controversial. The people being interviewed usually go on it because of the controversy brought up - I honestly doubt that those people are serious about their problems, and I hate to be an "intelligence supremist" or whatever, but if not that reason, they're probably incredibly stupid and can't identify a consiquence by showing their problem to the public and arguing infront of the crowd and the television.