The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: fear induced dreams  (Read 660 times)

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • you know what...I don't think I know you
    • Awards
  • Species: vulpine
  • Coloring: rusty red, white, and black
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 155lbs
  • Build: lean
fear induced dreams
« on: September 02, 2009, 07:19:15 AM »
Last night I had a weird dream that had one of my biggest fears in it, it was ghosts, it started out good but at the end it was so good and I woke up in a sweat. Before I went to bed I played batman Arkham asylum and the scarecrow was the last part I played and I mush have let it get to me, Kit Angel and I talked and we agreed on that. I'm just wondering has anyone else have a fear induced dream, and any ways to control them?
The world can be a horrible place, so give it a taste of it's own medicine

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: fear induced dreams
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 07:26:47 AM »
some people can control their dreams, others cant, simple as.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • you know what...I don't think I know you
    • Awards
  • Species: vulpine
  • Coloring: rusty red, white, and black
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 155lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 07:38:56 AM »
I see, I'm just a little shocked from the dream still and I can't get the images from my head.
The world can be a horrible place, so give it a taste of it's own medicine

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 11:55:54 AM »
I have them. They never go away until I get over my fear. >.>

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 12:46:54 PM »
Dreams are caused by the sub-conscious and so are never directly controllable. You don't necessarily dream about bunnies or zombies if you go to bed thinking of those.

The sub-concious is not controllable thought and occurs all the time, hence daydreams as well as nightmares and night terrors, often the sub-concious deals with things you've chosen to forget but very often may be worrying you in someway, dreams are 100% "readable" but can have meanings in them.

It seems likely playing Batman caused this case and sub-consciously your brain was making links between that which you saw and your fears and then projected those thoughts where you dreamed about them, they are nothing to be worried about and the whole "if you die in a dream, you'll die in real life" myth isn't true. There are likely to have been such incidents but they are rare.

A dream, nightmare or night terror is just your brain's way of sorting out things that are worrying you or occupying your thoughts, yes, they can be scary and those things can stick with you for some time but it's not a warning or necessarily even truth.

Just remember that it isn't real, however vivid it may seem and a dream cannot harm you in anyway, in fact they often have benefits to people. Just focus on something else or just get on with your day as normal and it'll soon drop out of your mind. Until you read this thread again, at least.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 06:37:45 PM »
I've had weird dreams.. But they aren't really dreams.. I mean, I'm not asleep, but I'm not awake either if that makes any sense. It's like being in a fog, I suppose, is what I'm saying. I remember one.. It was so vivid. I was sitting in my bed, and when I looked up, there was a shadowed figure crawling through my window. I wasn't asleep, so I didn't wake up, but once my chest tightened and I turned for a bigger light, it was gone. It's wasn't my eyes playing a trick either, because I had a small reading light, and the moonlight was shining through the blinds.. I saw my blinds lift as the man was coming in. I like to credit that to being a night terror or something, but it scared the jeebus out of me. Another one I've had is just a random image of a dog, a big dog like a pit or something about a foot from my face, and suddenly it jumps and clamps on my face. It's odd because I never feel threatened around those kinds of dogs. I own one. I like them. It's just random. One is just the random feeling that I'm falling from a large distance that doesn't stop until my chest tightens and I gasp. All of these, as I pointed out, happen while I'm awake. I don't know what they are.

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »
Whenever I'm dreaming, I am always aware that I'm dreaming.  It's like I'm watching my dream on tv, and If something happens that I don't like I can automatically wake myself up if I want to.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 09:08:19 PM »
I get a lot of freaky dreams but I end up forgetting most of them. But I had one last night and I was (like Philly) aware that I was dreaming. But it really sucks that you cant wake up from them so you try to go along with it for the time being only to ALWAYS be on the losing side .___. I remember having a dream about being stuck in a house with that wierd freaky girl from The Grudge who always had to do a backwards summersault up stairs. I knew it was a dream, I couldn't wake up. So I got this gun somehow and I tried blowing her face off, but the bullets kept melting and I ended up dropkicking her in the face. That didn't seem to work and I don't remember the rest but it somehow involved Nazi Zombies *shrug* Honestly, the girl from the grudge wont leave me alone!

Offline Something

• TFF's personal Victim
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Insert here
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 09:05:10 PM »
Oh wow I mean wow. You guys should try to Dream the silent hill dreams i have :/

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 09:28:17 PM »
Yeah, I do.
Dx
They really suck, cause when I wake up I'm so scared I can't even think straight.
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode