The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: End of life.  (Read 47945 times)

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: End of life.
« Reply #930 on: May 08, 2010, 03:25:29 PM »
Asia listened intently to Constantine, until the divinity got up and ran.
"Hey you haven't told us how to get this knowledge divinity!" Asia sighed as Constantine gone too far to hear him. He looked around the red landscape and thought for a moment.
"What are we going to do now?" thought the Rabbit, as ideas sparked through their joined mind.
"The divinities use portals," the Bird replied. "We just need to figure out which dimension is the right one to go to."
"That's impossible, there are so many, and they're all so big. Maybe we should just stop."
"Are you suggesting I give up?" The feathers on Asia's body began to spread, growing larger and more vibrant. The reality around him began to collapse, floating as dust around his form.
"How are you supposed to figure this out?" The Rabbit's voice was meek and small inside Asia's head.
"By looking." Asia raised his hands, and pushed his feathered fingers out in front of him, slicing into the seams of existence. In one quick movement, he tore open the dimension, and portal spread across the skies. Reality broke down and the gateway of colour filled the skies, from one horizon to the other.
"Too big," thought the Bird, and he pulled at the dimensional doorway, dragging it together to form a ragged oval in front of them. He pressed his paw to it, the other dimensions form in his sight. They were distant, separated by walls of reality, dimensional membranes. As his paw moved over the realms, sounds travelled to him. Distant and faint, it could barely be deciphered. A scream, muted to a whisper. A darkness spilled out onto Asia's paw, like stain.
"That's a void," Asia examined his paw growing dark, then stared back into the portal. "See, it's between dimensions, an unreality. There shouldn't be anything in there."
"Then what are those sounds?" asked the Rabbit. His own curiosity spilled over their mind, and the feathers flared with colour.
"If there is something in there. There's no reality to separate, nothing to make a portal from."
"So it's trapped." The Rabbit's thoughts were working around and around. Different ideas floated before both consciousnesses. A trapped prisoner, an injured puppy, a bird in a cage. The thoughts freezed at that final image. Asia smiled.
"I think we found him," thought the Bird. His feathers flared and stretched, digging into the lapine body. The Rabbit's presence diminished.
"You found him," the Rabbit thought.
"No, we did. You helped. You've always helped." Asia stepped forward, and dove into the darkness.

He felt a heavy mist  swarm around him, like a swamp of darkness, and in the corner of his eye, Asia spotted flashes of objects, appearing and disappearing in the endless fog.
"Divinity of Knowledge, one you do not know of wishes to speak with you!"
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Credits of this avi to my favoraite artist. :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Height: 5''6'
  • Weight: 60 pounds
  • Build: slim
« Reply #931 on: May 10, 2010, 04:12:01 PM »
    With a wry laugh, Mother quipped 'Oh please Darr, You need to get that broom out of your--' A crimson pool appeared in the middle of the throne room, bubbling and hissing like acid, dominating the floor like waves. '...!' A figure, partially formed, screaming and gasping, tried to reach out towards mother, but flopped to the floor not quite having much strength. It was resiliant however, and it slowly dragged itself out of the pool and towards mother hungrily, striking a certain type of coldness that seeped into your bones and froze them. Mother was silent and stood still, partially from regal defiance and particularly from fear. It had reached her now, and its malformed hand grabbed her leg eagerly, its form wavering and pulsating.

Constantine saw the rings, and smiled in a sarcastically polite way, tossing Ebony at the werewolf's feet, 'And what are you going to do? Eat her? This cannot be an act of chivalry, surely? You said yourself that you're a trecherous little cretin.' The rings were making him feel uncomfortable, he hated the rings utterly, 'And the reason you were thrown about in here is because both you ugly rejects along with that malformed Kostil were an eyesore. You were all weak; even Sicklo.'    
    A laugh was Constantine's to enjoy, 'So are you going to curse me? You're just too tiring to welcome this foolishness for much longer.'

'I know everything foolish creature. I am the divinity of knowledge, and I will be the divinity of everything once I escape this prison.' Out of nowhere, Lannenin stood, eyes narrowed at the bird, 'I know you're not a pet of my sweet sister's either; you don't seem to be anything, except for everything that is.'
Wherever the wind blows, you will hear my voice whisper in your ear.

http://comics.thefurryforum.com/xleena/ Check out my webcomic and subscribe! (website made by Tweak!)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #932 on: May 10, 2010, 08:40:44 PM »
Daar wrapped his hands in void energy as he immersed his hands into the pool, hearing a scream that didn't come from himself or Chevellia as the pool quickly pulled off her and tried to lash out at Daar in anger. He created an aura of anti-matter around himself, weakening the grip of the crimson pool, but not quick enough to pull himself away quickly. "I'll keep it busy, head to the Void!!" He could wipe out this whole dimension if he so wished, but he did not want her in the cross-fire of his attacks. He was already standing between Chevellia and the pool, with none of the crimson 'liquid' able to get around him and at her.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #933 on: May 10, 2010, 08:57:25 PM »
A creeping smile spread over Asia, slow and thoughtful.
"You are as clever as your name would suggest. Most others can barely fathom the idea of the Bird's existence, but you have some idea... How?" He cocked his head to the side, and his feathers fanned out, drawing in those objects floating on the periphery. "How do you know such a thing? You've been in here, where nothing exists. According to your timeline, you couldn't have any idea about the Bird." His smile expanded, showing teeth. "This makes the Bird very optimistic."
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #934 on: May 12, 2010, 02:09:30 AM »
"If I wanted to eat her, I think I would have already done so. What I want with her is hardly any of your business, but you have bigger problems to worry about far beyond getting cursed." *The werewolf smirked as his dragon-sized venomous lizards approached from all sides the divinity Constantine, followed by flying creatures that looked like shadows in the air with bat wings and devil spaded tails wielding tanto bladed swords; all of which wore black rings around their necks or wrists* "They are all but pawns, and they are going to enjoy trying to kill you. Now just give the damn girl up, otherwise she'll have to beat the crap out of you." *Ivory grinned at Ebony behind the divinity*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #935 on: May 12, 2010, 09:03:48 AM »
After a few more upward self-catapults from his arms before firing off his thrusters in his legs to land, he and Akodo were the first to step on the summit, Akodo immediately getting out of the harness and rushing away from the edge. Ruby was next to land, her wings pulling into her body as she set down the gear she was carrying, then Icey and Daisuke landed further in, almost near a pool of water. Daisuke was all-to-eager to get out of the harness and dive into the water, swimming about in it as he looked out to his mother and grinned wolfishly to her. Vosur started to take off his harness as he went over to Ruby to retrieve his sword and sheath from her, accidentally stepping on a stone switch. A constant 400 hertz tone was emitted along with a total of four panels, two on the ground in front of a wall and two under the water, lit up. Everyone in the group heard the tone, but no one saw the panels other than Vosur as they all started to ask him all at once what was going on before he stepped off the switch to investigate the lights he saw. When his foot let off the switch, the tone stopped and the light sources faded from sight.  "Strange..." he spoke to himself, stroking at his chin while looking to the approximate areas he saw the lights.

"Vosur, what did you do?" Ruby spoke as her fox-like ears were folded back, her hands lightly cupped over them to block out the sound that was no longer being emitted.

Icey was looking around rather frantically for where it came from, not seeing the source of the sound. "Please tell me that was you and not something else..."

Vosur stepped back exactly onto the plate-switch unknowingly, this time freezing up as sound went off again and he could see the lights. "Alright, we have two things in the water and two spots next to a wall over there. I can't move from this spot or what's making that noise will disappear. " he says, pointing to the areas

Daisuke dives under the surface, looking around for the sources. He swims back up to the surface to tell his mother. "I found ours! Daddy can't swim and he's too big to fit down here." he joked to her. "But what do the tear-drops mean?"

She was rather confused by his question, so she slipped out of her hakama, wearing her blue one-piece leotard underneath as she dived in to see what he meant. Sure enough, there was a pair of 'drop' symbols glowing on the wall of the pool. Confirming Daisuke's discovery, she swims back to the surface to tell the others. "Hey, he's right. There's a couple of teardrop-symbols down here..."

Ruby went to where she could see the symbol closest to her.  "I've got a first-aid cross over here." she speaks out to Icey. "Guess this one would be yours."

She wanders over to the other symbol to get a better look. "Crosshairs... looks like the mark of a sniper. Definitely not my expertiese." Icey calls back to Ruby.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 09:26:16 PM by Vosur, Reason: fixed code »

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
  • Credits of this avi to my favoraite artist. :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Height: 5''6'
  • Weight: 60 pounds
  • Build: slim
« Reply #936 on: May 16, 2010, 04:05:40 PM »
   Mother hesitated for a moment, 'Don't destroy my realm, it doesn't seem that much of a threat. It just seems to want something.' Mother put a soft grip on Darr's shoulder. 'Can you not see?.... That scar? On its face? Its very faint but...' Mother took out Sicklo's essence and held it up, just out of reach of the thing, 'This is what you want isn't it?' She knelt and the creature bubbled and slid closer, scared almost. The crystal reacted to the creature, and a hallowed screech rang across the throne room.
   A flash of light governed the room, fading slowly; as if time was stopping itself. Mother tried to reach out to Darr- but all there was when she could see again was the daughter who had died stood in front of her. 'Mother, i'm back.' She whispered, staring at her mother in such a dissapointed way, 'But you won't be going back; you will stay inside me.'

Darr opened his eyes to the flash of light to see Sicklo meeting his gaze. She was her usual colour of snowy white, but now she had ancient markings of purple all over her body. Her steel-spoke-like wings had been transformed into crystal ones, and her coal black eyes were now a murky gold. 'The universe is wrong; I have seen the light, and I will fix it.'

Ebony felt groggy as she looked up from the ground to see Constantine stood over her (but with his back to her) and was planning to sweep him when she found he couldn't move. She looked to see Ebony with what she presumed to be his minions and couldn't help but feel a little bit impressed.

Constantine sneered before speeding towards Ivory while leaving the girl on the floor. He managed to take a cheap shot but producing a pair of double swords and going for his neck...

... Ebony gasped, and; using her powers, managed to stop Constanines arms from following through with his slash. Feeling dizzy, she passed out in fatigue.

Lannenin chuckled at the birds response and said 'I know everything. I am the embodiment of all knowledge, just like you are the embodiment of what is in the future.'
   The divinity stood closer to the Bird, admiring the plumage of it, 'Perhaps it is also true I am the core of what you need, but certainly not the plague you wish to heal; there is one that has been reborn, one that will be the angel of death to the universe as we know, the universe that has become ill and corrupt; she wants to heal the disease like you, but her methods are wrong.'
Wherever the wind blows, you will hear my voice whisper in your ear.

http://comics.thefurryforum.com/xleena/ Check out my webcomic and subscribe! (website made by Tweak!)

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #937 on: May 16, 2010, 04:55:04 PM »
"A walking, talking encyclopedia." As the divinity came closer, Asia's feathers flared, bristling with pride. "Very impressive." A flicker of thought spread on his face. "So if you know who this disease is, how does this single individual affect the entire existence so deeply?" He cocked his head to the side, examining the divinity as he spoke. "Causing such self destruction. This construction is utterly flawed." He was silent for moment, smirking. "That's all very useful, but what the Bird needs is a name, a location. You have been a valuable divinity, and your service to us will be noted down for the Bird's purpose."

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #938 on: May 16, 2010, 05:26:08 PM »
Kitt yawned, stretching as he stood and walked away from the main group... Honey ran along beside him, yipping excitedly as she chased her shadow through the purple grass.... shaking his head and smirking Kitt followed behind her at a more leisurely pace..... after several minutes of walking he finally caught up with Honey, she had run ahead into a particularly tall area of grass and he'd lost sight of her for a while...
"Yo... Honey, where are ya?"
He pushed through the tall grass, finally finding a small clearing in which sat a red-haired and bronze furred puma, lazily stroking Kitt's fire-kin.... "you finally found me Kitt Szabo... and may i say you did a wonderfull job on this fire-kin of yours... so full of life..." She smiled up at him, patting the ground beside her..
"Who are.. wait, how'd you know my name?"
She laughed, twisting her long plait around one paw... "That is neither here nor there for now... but.... my name is Blaze, Blaze Ferocciti... and as to how i know your name?..." She smiled again, showing sharp white teeth... "Well that IS a long story... why dont you sit down and i tell you... about your death...."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #939 on: May 16, 2010, 11:48:51 PM »
Daar growled, throwing up a circle of negative energy that stretched around Sicklo just enough to let her have some fidgiting space. He didn't bother with speech as he had now grabbed Sicklo's head, and started to wipe its existance away, knowing he can just void everything but Chevellia herself and Sicklo's soul. "Kostil would kill himself if he saw you like this..." Daar muttered into her ear, or what was left of it.

Mask walked around, not straying too far from Jen and Su, waiting for them to open the portal to the realm of knowledge.

Chrono snapped his fingers in front of Renkako's face, trying to snap her out of whatever gaze she had on him. "Um, hello... anyone home?"
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 11:51:49 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Rygore Anikeria

• Boisterous Bear
  • Archmage of the Arcane.
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox
  • Height: 5ft 11inches
  • Weight: 133 pounds
  • Build: Lean
« Reply #940 on: May 17, 2010, 10:20:39 PM »
Diana collected her armor and walked to Ukko, who was still resting on the tree. "How was the fight?" he asked. "Good, Jaida is a good fighter, she caught me by surprise a couple times." they both were quiet for a moment. "well... now what? do we just wander around aimlessly for all eternity." she said with a quizzical look on her face. "Honestly I was wondering the very same thing, I was going to ask Jensuno later, would you like to join me?" said Ukko, "It's better than standing around here." Ukko stood up and walked into the sun, "I'll race you.", "Your on!" They both burst into a run towards Jensuno.

Peace leads to normality, and normality is boring.

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #941 on: May 18, 2010, 05:29:40 PM »
"So... you really remember nothing of your death?" Kitt shook his head, looking up at the divinity... she smiled calmly, still stroking Honey softly...
 "Well... not anything specific.... i remember a fire... and i remember rescuing several people from a block of burning apartments..."
Blaze frowned slightly, but her fore-head had cleared as soon as Kitt looked back up at her... "Aww... dear me... must be hard for you then, not even remembering why you died.. that apartment, you know how the fire was started?" Kitt tried to pull Honey back over to him, but Blaze's grip tightened around the Fire-kins neck and her amber eyes flickered with flames...
"I asked you a question.... do you know how that fire was started?" She cocked her head slowly to one side, looking down at Kitt.... she smiled, bright white teeth flashing "I see you dont trust me... so i'l tell you how that fire started... though i have a feeling you wont like it my dear..."
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #942 on: May 23, 2010, 03:47:03 AM »
Ivan and Tsi had made tracks all over New Heno ever since they arrived, which was shortly before Vosur arrived. They never ventured into the portals, because Tsi was too wary and Ivan was not given permission by Tsi to do so. "Exactly when will you get enough 'information' so I can go kill that freaking sword-swinger?!" "All in good time Ivan, all in good time... although the Vosur you know is much different than what he is now..." Ivan picked up a boulder that was still entrenched in the ground beneath and quickly yanked the entire thing out and tossed it in frustration at a nearby bottomless pit (one of the many that populate New Heno's landscape due to Void Influence) in which it plummeted for the rest of its known existance. "What do you mean different?!" "He is a gray furred wolf on two legs... or will I have to explain it in detail for you to be able to comprehend it?"
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 12:39:04 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #943 on: May 28, 2010, 04:20:06 AM »
As soon as each person were at their proper points, doors began to open in front of each individual: Ruby had a slight stairway going up a few steps before leading to her hallway, Icey had one that went straight ahead, Akodo's and Daisuke's entryways were going down at a slight angle in plumbing-style tubes. Each individual got to their first room at about the same time, all in their own environment as Vosur was left outside to wait.

The Corrigan-wolf boy swam about in the water-filled room, not a single source of light being in there other than the faint light from the entrance. He couldn't tell if there was writing on the walls or if there was a switch, so he pulled out the tear-shaped crystal, holding it up much like a lantern as it started to shine a little. Depending on how he moved his hand, he could see faint writing on one of the walls, so he swam closer to the wall to investigate. As soon as he got close enough to touch it, a hand-print glowed on the wall. Being of curious nature, Daisuke pressed the appropriate hand on it. As soon as his hand touched it, a rumbling started as the door for himself opened up off to his right to lead further down the waterway.

Vosur almost lost his footing as he felt the ground near himself shake a little, a doorway straight in front of himself opening up a part of the way and stopping. "Whatever just happened, keep it up! My door opened a little!" he called out to those who could hear him.

Ruby ended up dropping to one knee as the ground shook under her, hearing Vosur's voice reassured her that everything was alright as she got back up and continued down her path to a large room. Along the walls and ceiling were numerous statues of blue-stone eyes, looking to the center of the room, a 'compass' on an engraved tablet being the center cobblestone of the entire room. "East and West, South and Sky, Last: Out to In of North. Follow the dance of the vigilant eyes." she spoke out loud, getting a good look at the compass on the tablet and looking about. "Alright, straight-ahead is North." she spoke, picking up a rock and looking to one of the statues to the East before throwing a rock to hit it in the eye. It switched from blue to red for a second before it switched back. "Ah, they have to be struck at the same time." she said before she pulled out both of her pistols, firing at all of the ones on the East and West walls and striking each one of them with one shot each before she reloaded both pistols quickly, then moved on to the South and Sky in a rather graceful dance-like move, then finishing with a quick reload to work on the ones on the North wall. Once she was finished with the eyes, a door behind the last one she shot opened up, the last statue crumbling to open the pathway.

Again back where Vosur was watching, the ground shook some more as the door opened further to halfway point. "Two more switches!" he called out.