The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Forum changes  (Read 37392 times)

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
Re: Forum changes
« Reply #165 on: August 18, 2012, 12:29:38 AM »
The forums won't become like that if I can help it. I prefer to provide them for free. In the current circumstances I just do not have the needed funds to secure the hardware for another year.

It's likely any fundraisers etc we run will lead to benefit everyone here. ;)

Offline Puncia

• The Freaky
  • Prancing Pony
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I am funny and intelligent. And attractive.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Twilight Leopard
  • Height: 9 ft long (274 cm), 7 ft tall (213 cm); tail, 12 ft (365 cm)
  • Weight: 2315 lbs (1050 kg)
  • Build: Stocky
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: *flop* One-man furpile.
« Reply #166 on: August 18, 2012, 11:20:24 AM »
 I don't mind the small bonuses donators get, they're well deserved but nothing users can't go without and still enjoy the forum fully. Many online games have burned themselves on being free to play and then forcing users to pay in order to get the full gaming experience. I'm glad Tweak has a higher standard.

Offline Beatnory

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • I dream a lot (thinking) and I make dreams (games)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Dreamfox
  • Currently: be nice and you will have great dreams!
« Reply #167 on: August 18, 2012, 11:31:39 AM »
isn't is better to use a cheap hosting. I don't know what what the requirements for the hardware. but this way it can be cheaper.

Offline Kyriin

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: August 19, 2012, 05:24:17 AM »
In the current circumstances I just do not have the needed funds to secure the hardware for another year.

As I've probably told you before, if you need anything to lean on server-wise, I'm more than happy to let you host the forums and IRC on my dedi if anything happens. I'm sure it could handle it. You know this, anyway!~ I've told you probably millions of times I'm always happy to help some way or another. Especially since I haven't donated (yet!)

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #169 on: August 19, 2012, 06:05:50 AM »
I'm sure the problem with hosting the server on your dedicated is (unless you're renting it from an external company) it's based in Australia. As a minority of server members live in Australia, it would mean, generally, worse connection for a majority of the forum.

That and security, but I do agree, I still think in desperate times like these, we should think about using a cheaper method of server hosting.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";