The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: how do u tell homophobics tht ur bi??  (Read 481 times)

Offline Ricco92

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Success is never enough, everyone must fail
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Pure White with red highlights on the tips
  • Height: 6ft 5inches
  • Weight: 79 kg
  • Build: athletic
how do u tell homophobics tht ur bi??
« on: June 30, 2009, 09:12:27 PM »
so yer i'll tell u the full story,
wen i moved to scarboro my parents split up and i chose to move wit my mum,
so yer everything was goin well untill my dad got immensly jealous tht i moved instead of staying wit him,
in doing so, he issued a DNA test (jus to hurt me (i was 11)), the results came bak positive, so as a result of tht he disowned me (still 11)
And as a result of tht, i spiraled out of control.
i isloted myself from every1 (which was jus my mum) and i had no friends to help me get out of it, so it took me untill i was 13 to get myself out of tht downfall.

Now im 16 and i've jus found out tht im bi, and the people i seem to be good friends wit are, well homophobics and hate both gays and bis'.
so my problem is tht im bricking it to tell thm incase i go into another spiral of regret and loose my friends who are my pride and joy. And if i go into another spiral i fear i won't be able to get myself out of it because i've lost the 1 thing tht will be able to help me out of it which are my friends.

and im asking for ur advice and i trust u all will give it but i dont want th answer  "if thy're ur friends thy'll respect who u are".

thnx
Ricco92

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
Re: how do u tell homophobics tht ur bi??
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 09:17:14 PM »
Are they seriously homophobes or do they just joke around?

It's fine if they joke around and punch each other's arms and say, "Dude you're gay!"

But when they start saying, "Gays should die," then that's your clue to get out of a releationship with them.
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 11:51:36 PM »
So you don't want to hear, "If they're your friends, they'll respect who you are", huh?

Then how about this...
If they can't accept you being bisexual, then they're not worth the friendship.
Seriously, friends should like they're friends no matter what or they're not really friends.

I know it doesn't sound like great advice and it doesn't make you feel better since you believe your friends are the only things that hold you up, but it's the honest truth.
If they're seriously homophobes then they're not worth your time if they can't accept your orientation. You'd most likely need to find some more friends (which can be difficult, depending on the person), but you have the people on here who are your friends to talk to.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, because I don't want to sound that way, but that's what I think.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Ricco92

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Success is never enough, everyone must fail
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Pure White with red highlights on the tips
  • Height: 6ft 5inches
  • Weight: 79 kg
  • Build: athletic
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 03:11:20 PM »
first of all Jesse   yes thy r homophobics but all bar 1 doesn't go as far as to say tht all gays shuld die,
and wots worse is tht a couple r anit-fur (i choose my friends well lol)  thnx for ur advice x

And VeeSmith,  it does sound slightly harsh tbh  but life is harsh but thnx for ur comment  and it does give me some sort of comfort knowin i always hav friends on here tht i can always talk to.  so thnx again for ur advice x