The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Terminator salvation..... another fail......  (Read 2213 times)

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Nom!
Terminator salvation..... another fail......
« on: June 23, 2009, 05:37:21 PM »
A good film, good story, yet again somebody has managed to make a game that realy contains nothing................ it could have been great, they could have gone into depth about the story of younger conor, anything!..... but no, they had to make it about a single day where you rescue some people ans fight some rather cannon fodder machines, all in all i think this was too rushed and not worth the price tag........

anyone alse opinions, as  ihavnt yet played it myself, only seen vids i am wondering whether to buy it or not, but, it appears it may not be worth it!
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Terminator salvation..... another fail......
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 06:18:01 PM »
I'm more disappointed that your surprised that a movie game turned out bad then the actual game. There are not a whole lot of good movie games period and like most of them Terminator is subject to quick cash ins. They will keep doing it because people are stupid enough to actually buy them.

When a developer actually tries to do good by its source  movie material, it gets chastised by the gaming masses for not being god's gift to the gaming world. Look at ghostbusters, it does an good job of being faithful to the movies and stuff it's based off of. Unfortunately because it has flaws there are a lot of people that tear it apart.

In short, games and movies will rarely be put together well because when they suck, people encourage it by buying them. When they are actually good people rip them apart because it isn't perfect.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 06:22:23 PM by Tezztor Aslir Ne'taku »

Offline KittKat chunky~

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • 100% chocolate-wafer feline!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx / Wildcat
  • Coloring: Dappled brown-grey and white
  • Height: 5' 7" ish
  • Build: Chunkeh
  • Currently: Nom!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 06:20:26 PM »
i just thought that they may have done somthing good with this......... oh well......
  • Avatar by: Avatar art drawn by me
100% chocolate-wafer feline!

"The Slovak optimist is learning English, the Slovak pesimist is learning Russian and the Slovak realist is learning to shoot an AK-47"

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 06:23:10 PM »
i just thought that they may have done somthing good with this......... oh well......

I added more to my post

Its a shame to see these things happen, but unfortunately they tend to

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 06:31:40 PM »
Movie games are often bad, a game based on an ok film like terminator was doomed to fail, especially because it was made by GRIN. Not all movie/games can be Riddick or Alien Versus Predator.

What's sad is that I can't think of a single game based movie that was any good. Not a single one. It seems like movie quality suffers far more than games. Perhaps because there's yet to be a movie based on a game that has a strong world and storyline. That should change with Bioshock though.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 06:35:16 PM »
The only good movie game was The Lion King for the Sega Genesis. But yea, I tend to stay away from movie games.

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 06:40:39 PM »
The only good movie game was The Lion King for the Sega Genesis. But yea, I tend to stay away from movie games.
There's been plenty more. Lion king was great but so was Chronicles of Riddick (no-one bought it cus it was a rubbish movie) and the Lord of the Rings hack&slashers were pretty fun too. I'm pretty sure there's more
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 06:41:32 PM »
Goldeneye was good and it was based off a movie of the same name.
The Chronicles of Riddick game was good and it was based once again off a movie of the same name.
The new ghostbusters game is pretty good too even if it had its flaws.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head, yeah the movie game genre typically blows but there are a few good gems in there

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 08:02:11 PM »
Agree with the fact about movie games generally being awful. I never buy them, myself. Though the one for King Kong did get a bunch of awards or whatever, it's supposed to be good too. :P

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 08:51:42 PM »
The Aladdin games were fantastic, I loved them.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 09:03:57 PM »
Aladin and Lord of the Rings were good too. :)
Monsters Inc. Hmmmm... IDK if it was because I was younger, but I had a LOT of fun with that one, even if it WAS short. ???

Offline Golge

• Psychotic Biscuit
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • beware the bliss!
    • Awards
  • Species: chameleon
  • Coloring: variable
  • Height: 5"8
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: above Average
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 05:02:13 PM »
the king kong game was very well done in my opinion...

but on topic, the terminator game was indeed bad, good thing i only rented it XD
-Fear what you cannot see!, unless you can see it, or your not afraid... in that case maybe i should fear instead O_O-
-HOW ABOUT I BAKE A CAKE, EAT IT, AND THEN PAY STEVEN SPIELBERG TO MAKE A BIOGRAPHY FOR IT-

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 10:37:50 PM »
The majority of the Terminator games suck. The only decent Terminator game worth trying is Terminator 3. I never expected much from the new Terminator at all. The movie was a disappointment to me. Arnie didn't even say anything during the 2 seconds he appeared! What a rip! Terminator 2 = pwnage

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 10:40:36 PM »
The majority of the Terminator games suck. The only decent Terminator game worth trying is Terminator 3. I never expected much from the new Terminator at all. The movie was a disappointment to me. Arnie didn't even say anything during the 2 seconds he appeared! What a rip! Terminator 2 = pwnage
Arnie didnt say anything because he wasnt in it. It was footage from T1 in which he barely said anything at all.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 10:45:38 PM »
...that only makes me feel worse *rage*