The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Half-Life  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Gáire

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Saver of the Humens
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Reddish-brown
  • Height: 5'5
  • Weight: 119
  • Build: Lean
Half-Life
« on: June 14, 2009, 02:51:43 AM »
Yeah.... Here's some youtube videos about half-life. I've never played it before, but it makes me laugh so hard when I watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NiCYPrAoB8

Just give it ago. The grammar's so terrible. xDD

Pet's name: Xeintal
Adopt your own!

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Half-Life
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 02:06:39 PM »
Ah yes, the Half Life: FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES! series. They only finished it recently, and it's based on a proper fanfiction.

Also, PLAY HALF LIFE! I mean the first one set a new standard for FPSs, so nowadays the average FPS is about as good as the original Half Life, but Half Life 2 and its episodes just go leaps and bounds ahead in terms of story. Actually, just buy the Orange Box, it's only £15 for the whole Half Life series, plus Portal and Team Fortress 2. (the best deal in gaming history!)

Actually... it doesnt have HL1 so you can buy that seperately for like £4
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Gáire

• Eager Elephant
  • Saver of the Humens
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 02:58:04 PM »
HALF-LIFE CONSEQUENCES.

Ah, one of the greatest things on youtube. I'm thinking I might actually play that game. :D

Adopt your own!

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 03:40:28 PM »
Well just dont go expecting wepons at the top of the sky. Consequences has almost nothing in common with Half Life... except for the  science and outer space ofcourse.
 :-[
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline Gáire

• Eager Elephant
  • Saver of the Humens
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 04:04:20 PM »
Well just dont go expecting wepons at the top of the sky. Consequences has almost nothing in common with Half Life... except for the  science and outer space ofcourse.
 :-[

-laughs- I wouldn't expect there to be a tower that is big like the sky.

Adopt your own!

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 05:25:56 PM »
Well, the tower is almost 'big like the sky'...and the game has more guns, blood and explosions than the story, and better grammar too =3
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 05:48:39 PM »
Well you dont get people who get their arms blown off and their legs blown off and other people dying also, do you? And you dont have striders being chucked around by the gravity gun. And there is also a distinct lack of backflips. I actually think Half Life is less violent.

Also, nobody gets the science kicked out of them.

Offline Gáire

• Eager Elephant
  • Saver of the Humens
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 05:57:40 PM »
xDDD Backflips. And mostly,

"Mother, you were beautiful soul and Combines will pay."

Adopt your own!

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 12:03:23 AM »
And by golly, he made them pay... he made them SUFFAR!

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 02:50:06 AM »
indeed..Half life will always remain one of my favourite FPS...

LOL blowing up the guys pasta in Black Mesa.....priceless...

R.I.P. Black Mesa

Offline Golge

• Psychotic Biscuit
  • Noble Newt
  • beware the bliss!
    • Awards
  • Species: chameleon
  • Coloring: variable
  • Height: 5"8
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: above Average
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 02:54:10 AM »
HALF-LIFE CONSEQUENCES.

Ah, one of the greatest things on youtube. I'm thinking I might actually play that game. :D

i love djy1991, he lives on my block ^^

half life was a great game... its a shame the pants were dead :(
-Fear what you cannot see!, unless you can see it, or your not afraid... in that case maybe i should fear instead O_O-
-HOW ABOUT I BAKE A CAKE, EAT IT, AND THEN PAY STEVEN SPIELBERG TO MAKE A BIOGRAPHY FOR IT-

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 11:21:55 PM »
i love djy1991, he lives on my block ^^

awesome, djy1991 is great, but I prefer Dasboschitt and kitty0706. Xanatos is good too, but the others are better...