The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Old games you want back from the dead  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Species: A mythical creature called an Almiraj.
  • Coloring: Pink
  • Height: Not good with height.
  • Weight: Not good with weight, either.
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
Re: Old games you want back from the dead
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 10:12:49 PM »
Well, sure, I guess if they are close enough to a real-life animal, maybe. But then we got mythical creatures that aren't really based off an animal at all, like say... ... ... I can't really think of any examples, but I am sure there are some out there.

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 11:35:51 PM »
another oldy i liked was Carmageddon
Carmageddon was glorious, carmageddon 2 as well. Too bad C3 got canned... so many great things stop too early at the second one. Dungeon Keeper 2, Freespace 2, Theme Park World... yeah that's all I can think of.

Well, sure, I guess if they are close enough to a real-life animal, maybe. But then we got mythical creatures that aren't really based off an animal at all, like say... ... ... I can't really think of any examples, but I am sure there are some out there.
Magoais (spl?) ???
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Szhival

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Red Romantic
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Panda
  • Coloring: Red, duuh ;3
  • Height: 140
  • Weight: 45
  • Build: Nothing special
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 04:07:50 AM »
Dungeon Keeper
Hegemonia: Legions of Iron

NEXUS!
The homosexual has been a
significant part of human sexual
activity ever since the dawn of
history, primarily because it is an
expression of capacities that are
basic in the human animal.

Offline Something

• TFF's personal Victim
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • Insert here
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 06:06:20 PM »
Bloody roar. one of my favourite games of all time

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 12:58:42 AM »
a fun gmae I liked...was Shadow of the Collosus...

i want them to make a sequel or something similar to it on the 360...

it was such a beautiful game...even on the PS2...and i bet it would look 100x better on  a next gen console..

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 01:06:01 AM »
I think that if they were to make a shadow of the colossus 2, it would definitely benefit from the CryEngine3 (Crytek's console focused engine). It works well with the open and slow paced nature of colossus, and giant grassy rock things would look fantastic with all the foliage and shader tech of crysis. Add that to the art style of colossus and you have yourself a winner.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 02:00:10 AM »
They ARE making a sequel to Shadow of the Colossus... >.> It's called "The Last Guardian", and it's going to be for PS3.

But I wouldn't really consider Shadow of the Colossus that old of a game that you'd want it "back from the dead" either.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 11:56:57 AM »
I wouldnt really call that a sequal to shadow of the colossus in the same way that i wouldnt call colossus a sequal to ico. They're different games, but similar, in the same way id's games are all dark monstery survival horror shoot-em-ups.

plus if anything, it's really more a sequal to ico. It's more in that style.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 08:04:01 PM »
F-Zero.
We had it on the SNES, the N64 (F-Zero X still feels fast 10+ years later), GX on the GameCube (way too hard >.<), a few on the GBA...so it's not exactly a "dead" series, but why haven't we seen a F-Zero game on Wii, DS or even DSi?
I can imagine it working execellently on the wii and it'd be nice to have a true-3d F-Zero game you can carry around with you, experiencing those intense speeds whilst the bus is held up in traffic :P
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

• Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2009, 11:48:45 PM »
Breach... it had a great level editor, and an interesting goal for the missions... get teleport device, teleport hostages... to be honest i dont remember the campaign much, but i loved the easy to use editor. it was aweosme.

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
  • Build: Since I made this guy in a program that didn't allow me to change the bulk or build of a furry, I would say about Average.
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 02:44:09 AM »
F-Zero.
We had it on the SNES, the N64 (F-Zero X still feels fast 10+ years later), GX on the GameCube (way too hard >.<), a few on the GBA...so it's not exactly a "dead" series, but why haven't we seen a F-Zero game on Wii, DS or even DSi?
I can imagine it working execellently on the wii and it'd be nice to have a true-3d F-Zero game you can carry around with you, experiencing those intense speeds whilst the bus is held up in traffic :P

I have played F-Zero Climax for the GBA. One word describes that game. Frustrating!!! With a capital F! It's almost impossible to get first place on most races, and some races have these impossible jumps that are only possible with a booster, which you can't get on the first lap. If they toned down the difficulty a little in a new game, I would buy it. But if they make it super frustrating like Climax, then there are going to be alot of broken game systems.

Edit: Okay, the reason it's been so hard is because I wasn't using the Elegance Liberty. That ride is cheap, cheap, CHEAP!!! Not only is it fast, but it has excelent turning abilities. Common sense would say slower vehicles would have better turning than faster vehicles, but in this game, the slower vehicles have pathetic turning and the fast vehicles are the ones with good turning. Earlier, I almost snapped trying to defeat those two really ugly guys at a breaking contest, but it's pretty much impossible without a break button. This might actually be the chalange for slow vehicles.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 03:31:02 AM by Benny »

Offline Something

• TFF's personal Victim
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • Insert here
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009, 09:21:53 PM »
And shenmue..........Oh good if you haven't played those games DON'T PLAY THEM!! it's really good (mainly the story)
But they end the supposed triology with the second game and they won't continue the story. THOSE.....ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Offline Desert Rat Phelios

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Currently: I'm done, I can't do this anymore.
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2009, 04:27:35 AM »
Hellfire and Granada from the Sega Genisis.  I still have those and the console still working, but newer, less punishing Hellfire, with saving options on both would be nice.

Descent 4 was shoot down due to budget, I really want to see that. :*

Offline Count of Cutesy

• Eager Elephant
  • Am I cute?
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2009, 06:37:48 PM »
Wait, there was a FOURTH Decent? I didn't even know there was a second or third! I had the first game. In my opinion, Decent was decent, but not much more.

Offline Desert Rat Phelios

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Currently: I'm done, I can't do this anymore.
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2009, 11:40:05 PM »
Descent 1 and 2 were a little bland with the levels. 
Descent 3 allowed you to go outside on some levels, you could go to far though.  But 3 was much better, better fighting and some cool bosses.  Descent 4 had screen shots and demo, that demo was never released.