The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Domestic Terrorism  (Read 707 times)

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
Domestic Terrorism
« on: June 11, 2009, 02:28:09 AM »
I just wanted to make a post on what many liberals call Domestic Terrorism.

11 Days ago, Dr. Tiller, and abortion doctor was assassinated by a right-wing extremist.

Today, a man started shooting int eh National Holocaust Museum, eventually killing a guard and severely injuring himself.

What do you think of this? Are any of these morally right? Do people deserve to die because of their beliefs?  Should these people be pardoned? Discuss.

REMEMBER TO KEEP THIS CIVIL. THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION ABOUT ABORTION OR WHETHER THE HOLOCAUST ACTUALLY HAPPENED OR NOT.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 02:52:45 AM by Jesse Kaintuck »
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

Offline Arilys DuskFlare

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Mewgia (Mew/Lugia hybrid)
  • Coloring: Pink 'n' Blue
  • Height: 1' 5"
  • Weight: 8.8 lbs
  • Build: Small and thin :3
Re: Domestic Terrorism
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 02:32:10 AM »
I dunno. I think they lose their reason when they hurt/kill/do whatever to someone. Harming others isn't the way to make them see what's right or wrong. And the "right" and "wrong" words are different from person to person. (What I think it's right may be wrong for someone else)
I are a Mewgia 8D Deal with the cute >83

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 02:34:28 AM »
I can only say that someone shouldn't be pardoned just because your beliefs "justify" un-provoked murder, theft, or whatever they're trying to justify. But sadly, not all judges nor people with the power to put them away see beliefs as a moot point for law-breaking. So some of the extremists get punished, while others roam free with a slap on the wrist.

+++2
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 02:44:08 AM by Chrono-Dragon »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Fenrir

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Please, call me Asimov.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6 foot
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Lithe
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 02:40:15 AM »
I agree.  Fighting for what you believe in is well and good, but when that harms someone who has quite possibly done nothing to deserve any sort of retribution, things have obviously gone too far.   =s

Offline Wolfgang

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • you know what...I don't think I know you
    • Awards
  • Species: vulpine
  • Coloring: rusty red, white, and black
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: 155lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 02:46:49 AM »
I can understand if you're against abortion,  but to kill an abortionist is wrong. The guy that opened fire in the holocaust building digests me, anti-semetics are terrible people.
The world can be a horrible place, so give it a taste of it's own medicine

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 03:01:55 AM »
Here's the NBC article.

WASHINGTON - An 88-year-old gunman with a violent and virulently anti-Semitic past opened fire with a rifle inside the crowded U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum on Wednesday, fatally wounding a security guard before being shot himself by other officers, authorities said.
The assailant was hospitalized in critical condition, leaving behind a sprawling investigation by federal and local law enforcement and expressions of shock from the Israeli government and a prominent Muslim organization.
Washington Police Chief Cathy Lanier said the gunman was "engaged by security guards immediately after entering the door" with a rifle. "The second he stepped into the building he began firing."

Law enforcement officials said James W. von Brunn, a white supremacist, was under investigation in the shooting and that his car was found near the museum and tested for explosives. The weapon was a .22-caliber rifle, they added. They spoke on condition of anonymity, saying they were not authorized to discuss the investigation just beginning.
Museum officials identified the dead guard as Stephen T. Johns, a six-year veteran of the facility. In an e-mail, director Sara Bloomfield said he "died heroically in the line of duty."
Racist Web site
At the White House, just blocks away from the museum, President Barack Obama said, "This outrageous act reminds us that we must remain vigilant against anti-Semitism and prejudice in all its forms. No American institution is more important to this effort than the Holocaust Museum, and no act of violence will diminish our determination to honor those who were lost by building a more peaceful and tolerant world."
Von Brunn has a racist, anti-Semitic Web site and wrote a book titled "Kill the Best Gentiles," alleging a Jewish "conspiracy to destroy the white gene pool."
In 1983, he was convicted of attempting to kidnap members of the Federal Reserve Board. He was arrested two years earlier outside the room where the board was meeting, carrying a revolver, knife and sawed-off shotgun. At the time, police said Von Brunn wanted to take the members hostage because of high interest rates and the nation's economic difficulties.
Writings attributed to von Brunn on the Internet say the Holocaust was a hoax and decry a Jewish conspiracy to "destroy the white gene pool."
"At Auschwitz the 'Holocaust' myth became Reality, and Germany, cultural gem of the West, became a pariah among world nations," it says.
The museum, which opened in 1993 and has drawn nearly 30 million visitors, houses exhibits and records relating to the Holocaust of more than a half century ago in which more than six million Jews died at the hands of Nazis. Its Web site says the museum "teaches millions of people each year about the dangers of unchecked hatred and the need to prevent genocide."
The museum was crowded with school children and other tourists at the time of the attack, but they all escaped injury in the outburst of violence.
Ashley Camp, 14, of Forsyth, Ill., on a field trip with more than 40 other students, said she heard two or three gunshots. Soon after, she recalled, a security guard ordered the group to run to the exit.
"We had to sprint as fast as we could out the door," she said. "I thought it was the movie (part of a museum exhibit), but then everyone started screaming and running."

Von Brunn posted a short essay on his website entitled HITLER'S WORST MISTAKE: He Didn't Gas The Jews.

"Remember, the Federal Reserve Act (1913) gave JEWS control of America’s MONEY. Followed by control of America’s main sources of information .

Early on, during the war-torn 20th Century, the only broadcast networks : ABC, CBS, and NBC — were JEW owned. Today, JEWS control ALL important sources of information (The major networks, Newspapers, Magazines, Book-publishing, Tin-Pan Alley, Music & Recording Industry, Hollywood, Encyclopedia Britannica, Public schools and Universities, the Catholic Church, etc.).

Bit by bit Liberalism ascended. Bit by bit the Constitution was re-interpreted. Bit by bit government institutions and Congressmen fell into JEW hands — then U.S. diplomacy, businesses, resources and manpower came under JEW control.

Whitemen sat on their collective asses and did NOTHING - NOTHING BUT TALK. Never before in World history has a Nation so completely been conquered with absolutely NO physical resistance.

Whites LOVE their Enemies.

Today, on the World stage, Whitemen are LAUGHED AT, their women bred by stronger men.

And America ?

America is a Third-World racial garbage-dump — stupid, ignorant, dead-broke, and terminal.

Prepare to die, Whitey."

This man was arrested and put in jail for 6 years for threatening to kidnap and murder people in the National Reserve because they were screwing up the economy. (this was back in the 80s)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 03:14:37 AM by Jesse Kaintuck »
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.

Offline [D.E.M] zetsumei

• Kuddly Kitten
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • CRAB BATTLE!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 09:37:58 PM »
in my opinion; nobody who kills should be pardoned. even if it was morally right in their eyes, that's not so for everyone. the guard that lost his life in the holocaust museum didn't have anything to do with anything either, he just happened to work there and got killed in vain.

people who show their belief trough violence do not deserve to be pardoned

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 11:36:54 PM »
in my opinion; nobody who kills should be pardoned. even if it was morally right in their eyes, that's not so for everyone. the guard that lost his life in the holocaust museum didn't have anything to do with anything either, he just happened to work there and got killed in vain.

people who show their belief trough violence do not deserve to be pardoned

^
l
l
Exactly what I was going to say. He should face the death penalty (Or life in prision, whichever).

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 04:57:37 AM »
To be honest, if you believe against something, there is one primary thing to remember in relation to all of this: You have the freedom of choice here in America.

Now, with that being said, having the freedom to pursue happiness (as long as it does not hinder or infringe upon someone else's happiness through legal means), is a given right. To further on this, these people could easily pursue happiness without causing others harm:

1. The person who did not like abortion did not have to go to the building to even look at the abortionist. (Basically did not have to have any contact with an abortionist.)

2. The anti-Semetic was not forced to visit the Holocaust Museum. (Did not need to even speak to anyone pertaining to the Holocaust)

To sum it up... if you don't like a particular person (as long as it is obeying the law), then you can ignore them.