The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: i'm lost and confused  (Read 532 times)

Offline jason

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: kuddle kitteh
  • Coloring: Brown w/white patch on head
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: lean
i'm lost and confused
« on: June 01, 2009, 08:25:14 PM »
ok so here's the thing, i'm looking for a ...companion? and i have someone in mind,i met  her in grade school and stayed friends with her till 8th grade but due to problems iwas forced to move. i now am out of school and have my liscanse and car, i would like to see her again but i'm not sure it's the right thing to do. help  :(

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
Re: i'm lost and confused
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 09:21:38 PM »
I dont see how it's not the right thing to do. Talk to her, see if you still like her then move on from there. I really dont see the problem with not investigating an opportunity.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline jason

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:07:20 AM »
maybe i'm just nervious. i feel like i should at least try but i'm woried she'll say no, or worse she wont remember me. your gonna say ''i wont know till i try'' but this is hard. i guess i should just go for it and hope for the best right? i kinda hate it when i ask for advice and end up giving it too myself, ya know, but maybe i could use a little nudge...  :sniffle:

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 12:16:57 AM »
Well think of it this way. If she does say no, then all you've lost is your regret. You would be able to move on and live your life. If she says yes then Wahay!

If she doesnt remember you, then introduce yourself, and let her get to know you once more. You may not get a girlfriend but you'll probably regain a friend.

The thing is, if you dont do anything, you'll just get more agitated and upset about it. So get it over with.

If you need a nudge, then here's your nudge, *nudges Jason*. There's really no reason not to.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 01:01:33 AM »
Well as stated in William Shakespeare's King Lear play, doing nothing will get you nothing. So if you want something Jason, ya gotta try for it :D

If you aren't completely confident when interacting with her, just take it slowly, if she's interested in you she will offer her love in return :P
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline jason

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 02:26:29 AM »
thanks guys, i *sigh* i guess i should listen to myself more than i do... i'll do it and... i think i'll be online when i do so i have you with me, i know it sounds wierd but i feel i can trust you, so, thanks. and thank you for the hug kevin, i really needed that  :ded: